PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Twinspires ADW

NoCal Boy
04-27-2007, 07:17 PM
"Scalability" is a problem with an internet site. It is what causes a network to freeze as more people try to use it.

What will twinspires have to offer after the Derby? They had to get it up and running pre-Derby to garner some accounts. Now they are late to the party, will not have TVG content for the summer and fall, and might have scalability issues with its network.

Uh Oh!!

LaughAndBeMerry
04-27-2007, 07:49 PM
I heard gigantic problems, like it doesn't work at all and that everyone at CD is pissed. People that have seen it say it looks like it was written by all techies. Cost millions, too.

Can't be worse than xpressbet though.

Indulto
04-27-2007, 08:02 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/84411.html (http://www.drf.com/news/article/84411.html)
Churchill delays betting-service launch By MATT HEGARTY

Churchill Downs Inc. has delayed the launch of its new account-wagering platform until an undetermined date, the company announced late on Friday, one day prior to the opening of its spring meet.

… A racetrack lineup for the service has not yet been announced, but twinspires.com is expected to carry at least all of the tracks owned by Churchill and Magna.

garyoz
04-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Too bad....greed has its own karma. They are lucky that AmericaTab caved on their ultimatum to drop TVG. Personally I will only bet Oaks and Derby days this year, both at a simulcast facility (Turfway) to limit the CD take. Who cares about the rest of the CD Meet? Hope handle is way down. So long to AmericaTab also. I activated a TVG account. Nothing wrong with NYRA, Hollywood, Monmouth and Del Mar.

Indulto
04-27-2007, 11:51 PM
... I activated a TVG account. Nothing wrong with NYRA, Hollywood, Monmouth and Del Mar.Very pragmatic. Only AP is conspicuous by its absence.

Tom
04-28-2007, 10:58 AM
An account with TVG sounds like a good idea. BrisBet will never get another penny from me - scu-rew 'em.