PDA

View Full Version : computer help? windows cannot find null

warrant
04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
every time i try to get into control panel this pops up......then my computer pops up, i hit ok and its fine.

but i notice my computer is a bit glitchy now, i guess cause its of this? it makes the internet really glitchy to

and....
i cant do a system restore, it failed. hmmm? i get this msg error loading c:/windows/system32/vurqghggy.dll

and ive searched the net and they say its a ie7 problem, (well most of them) i dont use ie7, i use ie6 so i dont think thats the problem

so if anyone could help that would be great

thank you
Justin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/WarranT/null.gif

skate
04-27-2007, 05:43 PM
i can't say, but, have you ever done a restore before, with the PC you refer to?

are you booting from correct drive?

warrant
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
ya ive restored a few times before, worked fine, this was a while ago, maybe 2 months?

booting from the correct drive

i can't say, but, have you ever done a restore before, with the PC you refer to?

are you booting from correct drive?

098poi
04-27-2007, 06:23 PM
every time i try to get into control panel this pops up......then my computer pops up, i hit ok and its fine.

but i notice my computer is a bit glitchy now, i guess cause its of this? it makes the internet really glitchy to

and....
i cant do a system restore, it failed. hmmm? i get this msg error loading c:/windows/system32/vurqghggy.dll

and ive searched the net and they say its a ie7 problem, (well most of them) i dont use ie7, i use ie6 so i dont think thats the problem

thank you
Justin

You can first try having your hard drive check for errors by opening my computer, right click on C drive go to properties then tools. There is also a command (system file checker) which windows has to restore system files to their original versions. If you go start/run and type sfc /scannow (space between sfc and /scannow) it will do some sort of internal check. But if other apps have legitimately changed some file and it is restored to an original version it's possible that app may not work properly. I have never had an issue but just a disclaimer so you do this at your own risk. Good luck!

JustRalph
04-27-2007, 08:42 PM
start run

type in

SFC /scannow

hit enter

This is where I would start

douglasw32
04-28-2007, 11:00 AM
This link has a simple registry file you can merge...

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/905915.htm

We have had to do this on a few machines..

Worth a shot, right click/save as/right click/select merge/restart

linrom1
04-28-2007, 11:42 AM

and....

thank you
Justin

I see that you're not running SP-2! Installing it might correct your problems!

Here is something you might try to solve system restore point.

Usually however this happens when one or more of your restore points has
become corrupt. Unfortunately the only solution is to disable System Restore
reboot and reenable it. That will get System Restore working again but you
will lose all your current restore points. (not a big loss, they don't work
anyway) The problem is not uncommon with System Restore.

Here is something that you might want do as a start re: Control Panel.

Hey, I just had this problem. Just do a seach for all .cpl(*.cpl) files. They should be in your system32 folder and backups in the dllcache folder. Deleting will not do anything because your cpl files will replace them selves. Try double clicking on each one to see which one will not open, that one will be the corrupt one.

warrant
04-28-2007, 01:52 PM
i think i have service pack 2...how do i check?

i disabled system restore, restarted, turned it on, restarted, and still the same

now the odd thing.....i check those cpl files....i found the one that didint open, deleted it, restarted, went into control panel and it restarted my computer, so when everything loaded back up again went into control panel and it restarted again. haha so i dunno whats up now, like my comp runs fine just got the errors and of course this restarting thing when i go into control panel

I see that you're not running SP-2! Installing it might correct your problems!

Here is something you might try to solve system restore point.

Here is something that you might want do as a start re: Control Panel.

linrom1
04-28-2007, 05:29 PM
i think i have service pack 2...how do i check?

i disabled system restore, restarted, turned it on, restarted, and still the same

now the odd thing.....i check those cpl files....i found the one that didint open, deleted it, restarted, went into control panel and it restarted my computer, so when everything loaded back up again went into control panel and it restarted again. haha so i dunno whats up now, like my comp runs fine just got the errors and of course this restarting thing when i go into control panel

You don't have XP SP-2 because you don't have Windows Firewall and Security Center installed. I can see it in your control panel. I think it's a mistake not to install it.