PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Debate on MSNBC

linrom1
04-27-2007, 02:01 PM
MR. GRAVEL: We have no important enemies. What we need to do is to begin to deal with the rest of the world as equals, and we don't do that. We spend more as a nation on defense than all the rest of the world put together.

Who are we afraid of? Who are you afraid of, Brian? I'm not.

And Iraq has never been a threat to us. We invaded them. I mean, it is unbelievable. The military-industrial complex not only controls our government lock, stock and barrel but they control our culture.

Yeah, we spend $700 Billion on military crap, but can't find a dollar for things that could benefit us all like health care. People should just stop paying taxes.

Hillary will be my choice in 2008, but, I would rather vote for Gravel.

Tom
04-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Mr. Gravel is an idiot if he believes what he said. I would have more respect for him if he were just a liar.

Who is our enemy? Besides the democrats, that is.

The same people who just got busted trying to do another 9-11 in Saudi Arabia.

delayjf
04-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Mr Gravel's comments are so naive, I don't know where to begin.

What we need to do is to begin to deal with the rest of the world as equals, and we don't do that.

What the hell does that mean?

Yeah, we spend $700 Billion on military crap, but can't find a dollar for things that could benefit us all like health care. People should just stop paying taxes.

The US spends @ 20% on the military and About 53% on entitlements, spending on entitlements is predicted to double in the next decade. The freedoms and opportunities in this country can only be maintained by the fact that we spend the money on our military. The notion that the US would be the world power that we are without our military is pure fantasy. The only reason we enjoy our rights is because somebody (the military) is willing to ensure you have those rights.

Tom
04-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Why treat them equals when in fact, nobody else is close to us. WE are the best by far. Let them come up to us. Typical lib positon - dumb down to the lowest common denominator. Just like the liberal education system.

Tyue story - NYS, just hires a local (Rochester) school administrator as the states top educatin guru - Manny Rivera. the graduatin rate for NYS is 45%, so yeah, someting needs to be done. In Manny's districts, the GR is......39% !!! :lol:
The state is too smart for libs - we gotta dumb it down to the Rochester level.

Libs.....*spit*

delayjf
04-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Liberal philosophy - If you can't meet the standard - then lower the standard.

JustRalph
04-27-2007, 08:46 PM
People should just stop paying taxes.

You show your lunacy everytime you post.

Would you care to tell us how "people" are supposed to pull this off?

GaryG
04-27-2007, 08:49 PM
People should just stop paying taxes.An acquaintance of mine decided to do that.....he is in federal prison. :lol:

linrom1
04-28-2007, 10:33 AM
You show your lunacy everytime you post.

Would you care to tell us how "people" are supposed to pull this off?

How about throwing tea overboard. :jump:

Come on Ralph, it is a lunacy to spend $700 Billion on defense, funds that we have to borrow from the Middle Eastern and Asian Central banks. :lol:

Lefty
04-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Right, no defense and then we can just all become islamists or have our heads cut off. We are free because we are strong.
Let's cut entitlements to people who won't avail themselves of the opportunities this country provides then we won't have to borrow so much to keep their sorry asses intact.

Tom
04-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Not only that, Lefty, all of the disgraceful 8 flew there in thier own private jets. Not a one of them willing to walk the talk about global warming.

Democrats are intentionally destroying our planet!

Lefty
04-28-2007, 12:29 PM
LOL, Tom. They got Jets, they got guns. But ok for them, no, no to you and me. I'm doing more to combat global warming and gun control than these dems.
I walk, and I can defend myself with my fists and or a ballpoint pen!

DJofSD
04-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Not only that, Lefty, all of the disgraceful 8 flew there in thier own private jets. Not a one of them willing to walk the talk about global warming.

Democrats are intentionally destroying our planet!

And from what I have been told, supposidly on the top of the list of the worse polluters are private jets.

Don't you just love 'em. Tell every one else what to do but do they follow their own advice? Bunch of hypocrits.

Tom
04-28-2007, 12:57 PM
This is the party that will talk to terroists but not withour own genrals.
The party who says a draft is fairer than an all volunteer army.
The party that hates the rich, yet dines at the KENNEDY COMPOUND.
The party against oil that refuses windmills in thier own neighborhoods.

:lol: The party of losers and liars and general fools!:lol:

skate
04-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Yeah, we spend $700 Billion on military crap, but can't find a dollar for things that could benefit us all like health care.

you sound just like my sister and you're not alone. and i get very tired and feel boring.

that $700 Billion is just money being circulated, for All purposes it does not mater "For What".

if you put all that money into education(wasted) what it would do is simply raise the cost of education way way way out of proportion and "out of proportion" is already here.

And, if you really want to look for waste (really not wasted) in the military take a look at the Salary for retired Brass.

now, i agree, it is a joke, but it does not mater. it's circulation of Money, thats all, hurts nothing.
put it towards Medicine or whatever and the cost for Meds would go up and the unemployment would go up and your taxes would go up etc.

Lefty
04-28-2007, 07:59 PM
linrom, if you think the govt can't find a dollar for education and healthcare then you're just ignorant of the federal budget. Gets some facts before you rant.

Overlay
04-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Wasn't Mike Gravel one of those mentioned by Elizabeth Ray (remember her? the floozy who brought down Representative Wayne Hays thirty years ago) as one of her trysts in the tell-all book she subsequently wrote about her Capitol Hill dalliances? I think the thinly-disguised name she used for him was "Senator Boulder".