PDA

View Full Version : TOMMASI

john del riccio
04-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Did anyone catch this horse today at AQU ? Someone please tell me how Martial Asset is 1-2 in this spot ??

John

misscashalot
04-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Did anyone catch this horse today at AQU ? Someone please tell me how Martial Asset is 1-2 in this spot ??

John

ML 6/5

Bettors are stupid

jotb
04-26-2007, 08:06 PM

John

Hello John:

The public was way off with Martial Asset. The horse broke his maiden race last out and was certainly at a class disadvantage. I could see if the maiden race produced some winners out of there but there was a couple that come back to do nothing. On top of that there were several horses in this race today that have won 3 races already. Horse at best should have been 3rd choice in the race.

Best regards,
Joe

Robert Fischer
04-26-2007, 09:19 PM
the public has been terrible at the A lately. Up until today the big idea was to bet entries down to chalk dustings because = hey its 2 for 1!

:mad: I take 2 weeks off and Aqueduct and Keeneland goes bananas...

46zilzal
04-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Gutsy performance

Ron
04-26-2007, 10:07 PM
I think it turned out to be a nice exacta and trifecta for such a short field. If I remember correctly didn't Martial Asset get a bit trapped inside?

john del riccio
04-27-2007, 05:28 AM
ron,

he didn't have a clear run in the stretch. i was just stunned that this horse could be 1-2 in this field. i kept thinking i was missing something but i'm glad i stuck to my guns.

john

DanG
04-27-2007, 09:00 AM
John
John, you know the answer to this one.

You had a “top” on Tommasi 145 days ago that sheet players automatically assume hurt the horse.

3 wins and 6 seconds are considered a major “character flaw” in NY.

The favorite had a Sheet / Fotius Extra pattern they often like. Ascending pace numbers and final time top 2-back…

There is also a inherit prejudice against NY breds in open company among the sharper players…among other things…
One of my partners is a sheet player and he is uncanny at predicting who will get pounded in NY. Not saying the information isn’t good, or what % their proven correct, but it’s a nice edge when you disagree as the sheet player’s drive more than their share of the NY pools.

john del riccio
04-27-2007, 10:21 AM
John, you know the answer to this one.

You had a “top” on Tommasi 145 days ago that sheet players automatically assume hurt the horse.

3 wins and 6 seconds are considered a major “character flaw” in NY.

The favorite had a Sheet / Fotius Extra pattern they often like. Ascending pace numbers and final time top 2-back…

There is also a inherit prejudice against NY breds in open company among the sharper players…among other things…
One of my partners is a sheet player and he is uncanny at predicting who will get pounded in NY. Not saying the information isn’t good, or what % their proven correct, but it’s a nice edge when you disagree as the sheet player’s drive more than their share of the NY pools.

Dan,

I am not one of those bounce proponents and besides, isn't the whole bounce theroy based on coming back too quick ? 5 months is more than enough time
to compensate for that kind of thing I'd think... I was unaware that 3 wins & 6 seconds was considered a flaw, I would think consistency is more accurate.
With the purses and bonues for NY breds, that whole sector has gotten some very nice horses recently. With all that said though Dan, 1-2 ??? I was almost frozen when it was time to pull the trigger because I just couldn't see it, the ML was 6-5 which was odd in and of itself but 1-2 made me think I had totally missed something.

John

DanG
04-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Dan,

I am not one of those bounce proponents and besides, isn't the whole bounce theroy based on coming back too quick ? 5 months is more than enough time
to compensate for that kind of thing I'd think... I was unaware that 3 wins & 6 seconds was considered a flaw, I would think consistency is more accurate.
With the purses and bonues for NY breds, that whole sector has gotten some very nice horses recently. With all that said though Dan, 1-2 ??? I was almost frozen when it was time to pull the trigger because I just couldn't see it, the ML was 6-5 which was odd in and of itself but 1-2 made me think I had totally missed something. John
John,

I’m not justifying the odds or advocating the methods, just trying to rationalize the underlay you pointed out. A big part of what we do is to handicap the opposing players. NY has a very specific set of beliefs that I find very predictable. Your right, 1-2 is an extreme example.

It’s not the time off to reduce the “bounce” I’m alluding to; it’s the “perceived” injury from the top that often concerns many sheet players. (BTW: I’m not a proponent of the “bounce” either.)

I’m with you on horse’s records being often needing context. “Dollar Bill” is a good example. I heard that horse called every name in the book at different times. Yet, if he wasn’t spotted so high and ran in high priced claimers he would be glorified as a hard knocking sort.

Good luck his weekend. :ThmbUp:

john del riccio
04-27-2007, 11:02 AM
John,

I’m not justifying the odds or advocating the methods, just trying to rationalize the underlay you pointed out. A big part of what we do is to handicap the opposing players. NY has a very specific set of beliefs that I find very predictable. Your right, 1-2 is an extreme example.

It’s not the time off to reduce the “bounce” I’m alluding to; it’s the “perceived” injury from the top that often concerns many sheet players. (BTW: I’m not a proponent of the “bounce” either.)

I’m with you on horse’s records being often needing context. “Dollar Bill” is a good example. I heard that horse called every name in the book at different times. Yet, if he wasn’t spotted so high and ran in high priced claimers he would be glorified as a hard knocking sort.

Good luck his weekend. :ThmbUp:

Dan,

Thanks, Good luck to you as well. I just saw the ML on FLYING FIRST CLASS is 12-1, thats a mistake. I think BOLD START is a little better (3-1 ML) but if they let Lukas's horse go off at that price, I may need to bet both. As for WAFI CITY, I think he is gonna run a good one as well. I think the ROTW
will be a good betting opportunity.

John