PDA

View Full Version : Woodside Associates Race Of The Week

john del riccio
04-26-2007, 03:32 PM
I would like to again invite the racing fans here at PACE ADVANTAGE to take a look at our Race Of The Week analysis. It is FREE. The Henry Kuck Ratings are included in our analysis in an effort to educate players on both the accuracy of the ratings and their application as it pertains to handicapping top quality races. Different types of races require a different handicapping approach and since the ROTW is always a stake race, a consistent means to handicapping these races will be shown. Good Luck, ask questions, and with a little luck, cash some tickets. The ROTW is the Derby Trial.

Click on the link below and a pdf file should open, if not you may need to upgrade your version of abobe acrobat. GOOD LUCK !

John Del Riccio
www.woodsideassociates.com/raceoftheweek/rotw.pdf (http://www.woodsideassociates.com/raceoftheweek/rotw.pdf)
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

Robert Fischer
04-27-2007, 01:24 PM
my win contenders
Wafi City - talent/speed
Bold Start - the Preakness next?
Out of Gwedda - bet fav on poly stakes/now back to Dirt
Izzies Halo - back to preferred surface

john del riccio
04-27-2007, 02:29 PM
my win contenders
Wafi City - talent/speed
Bold Start - the Preakness next?
Out of Gwedda - bet fav on poly stakes/now back to Dirt
Izzies Halo - back to preferred surface

Robert,

Lukas horse may throw down the gauntlet, if he had drawn a little better, he'dmay have been my top choice.

John

Ron
04-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Have they decided if Teuf is going to run or not?

john del riccio
04-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Have they decided if Teuf is going to run or not?

ron,

I didn't hear that he scratched. If I were them, I'd try a race at HOL, maybe he'll like that poly surface too. he's several lengths better on poly.

John

Robert Fischer
04-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Robert,

Lukas horse may throw down the gauntlet, if he had drawn a little better, he'dmay have been my top choice.

John

The cutback in distance should help Flying First Class, although I am not even confident going 7.5. What worrys me is that his one big win was on the Southwest day 2/19 and the Oaklawn strip was really kind to the pace that day. Melancon will bring him to the front early.

What about Barkley Sound and the blinkers OFF-solid work angle? I can't back him here, I think it is a solid field.

Ron
04-27-2007, 03:11 PM
ron,

I didn't hear that he scratched. If I were them, I'd try a race at HOL, maybe he'll like that poly surface too. he's several lengths better on poly.

John

I thought the owners really want to run in the Derby. With Slew's Tizzy definitely out, that puts him at 21. They were waiting to hear if anyone else was out.

john del riccio
04-27-2007, 04:29 PM
The cutback in distance should help Flying First Class, although I am not even confident going 7.5. What worrys me is that his one big win was on the Southwest day 2/19 and the Oaklawn strip was really kind to the pace that day. Melancon will bring him to the front early.

What about Barkley Sound and the blinkers OFF-solid work angle? I can't back him here, I think it is a solid field.

Robert,

I saw that bl_off/work angle but his big race was over POLY ad he just hasn't yet showed that talent on dirt. I am treating poly to dirt as I always treat turf to dirt. They aint the same. As for FFC, I beleive he could make the lead here
and if the pace doesn't get out of control, he may be alright. Especially if that 12-1 ML holds; BOLD START at 3-1 is what he should be.

John

Robert Fischer
04-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Robert,

I saw that bl_off/work angle but his big race was over POLY ad he just hasn't yet showed that talent on dirt. I am treating poly to dirt as I always treat turf to dirt. They aint the same. As for FFC, I beleive he could make the lead here
and if the pace doesn't get out of control, he may be alright. Especially if that 12-1 ML holds; BOLD START at 3-1 is what he should be.

John

I am pretty confident that Flying First Class will finish up in coach ;) .
If I were a gambling man, I'd say 2 out of the 3 "poly" horses (Barkley Sound, Awesome Hero, Carnacks Choice) will finish ahead of Flying First Class. :cool:

john del riccio
04-28-2007, 07:29 AM
I am pretty confident that Flying First Class will finish up in coach ;) .
If I were a gambling man, I'd say 2 out of the 3 "poly" horses (Barkley Sound, Awesome Hero, Carnacks Choice) will finish ahead of Flying First Class. :cool:

OK, we are on for a beer !

John

Robert Fischer
04-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Flying First Class $15 winner

Good Call

http://www.fotograf.nu/special/images/beer.jpg

john del riccio
04-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Flying First Class $15 winner

Good Call

http://www.fotograf.nu/special/images/beer.jpg

robert,

did you see the difference in the way they looked in the post parade ? FFC looked like he was on the muscle and BS looked sort of blaze'. If we didn't have those scratched, he's of paid 20.00.

John