PDA

View Full Version : Odd stuff that happens in the Winner's Circle?

Jesterjj
04-25-2007, 03:36 PM
I just finished watching the 6th at AQU today and noticed Mighty Gulch wasn't exactly happy to be there. It was very minor and wasn't a big deal, but it got me wondering. Anyone have any interesting, notable, or funny things they remember occuring in the Winner's Circle?

Like a horse kicking the owner when the photo snaps or something?

Tom
04-25-2007, 03:49 PM
My friend had a horse win once and in the WC, the horse bit him in the armpit and wouldn't let go. The jocky tried to get him to let go but couldn't. The trainer walked away, laughing, and yelled back,"Git me couple copies of that photo!" "Hahahahaha!"

WJ47
04-29-2007, 01:40 AM
I thought I remember seeing Ghostzapper behave aggressively towards Frank Stronach in the winners circle after winning the Classic. :)

boomman
04-29-2007, 11:05 AM
I thought I remember seeing Ghostzapper behave aggressively towards Frank Stronach in the winners circle after winning the Classic. :)

Smart horse that Ghostzapper!!!:D

Boomer

BIG49010
04-29-2007, 11:38 AM
As some of you may or may not know, a jock agent in Chicago is not allowed in the winners circle for some reason. Many of them will stand behind the picture in the grandstand above so they appear in the background of the picture, but they are not in the winners circle. The photo guy must know, because he doesn't always take the picture toward the stands, sometimes he takes it toward the infield tote board.

betovernetcapper
04-29-2007, 12:43 PM
I played a $2500 race last week at PM and for some reason I wasn't getting audio. Anyway the winner was walking around in a circle kind of like they do if there's a dead heat or inquiry. This went on for a little while and I was getting concerned because I had the winner. Finally the joc got bored and moved into the winner's circle for the picture and there was nobody there. The took the photo of the jockey sitting on the horse by himself.