PDA

View Full Version : Listened to the entire Capital Play NY racing propoal

samyn on the green
04-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Listened to the entire Capital Play franchise proposal. They seemed to have the only real plan to market racing. They have enjoyed success in Australia and they seem to have the answers that the Americans can not produce to promote racing. I enjoyed their proposal and believe they are the only ones who had a plan to promote NYC racing into a destination event the way NYRA has done at Saratoga. However Capital Play will cannibalize the bettors with a huge takeout.

If you listen to the officials representing the people the NY state they are frighteningly clueless and embarrassing ignorant. The State reps are obviously not in charge of anything and are just pawns for the real powerplayers behind the scenes. These presenters had many plans ranging from building Hotels, raising takout to building a fence around the Spa. However this is NY and it takes 2 years to get a Internet wagering platform approved by corrupt/incompetent officials. So I can't see they grand plans moving forward unless there are large payoffs made to the real powerplayers behind the scenes. The officials biggest concerns were ranged from hay sales upstate to hiring women contractors for construction contracts at Aqueduct. You should listen for yourself to see the unprepared officials representing you.

However as a committed player like all of us on the board Capital Play will not take care of you. The major issue with Capital Play is that they are looking to screw you. NYRA has always taken care of the player but those days may be over. Capital play will raise all admission prices in multiples and raise all takeouts. The NYSRWB/OTB will surely love these rate increases.

Here is their takeout proposal. Sat goodbye to your bankroll. The takeout is clearly the highest in the country and will eat a bankroll like a piranha. NY will be unplayable with out a huge rebate.

Daily Double - 20%
Quinella - 20%
Exacta - 25%
Superfecta - 25%
Triple - 25%
Pick Three - 25%
Pick Six - 30%
Grand Slam - 30

listen for yourself

http://www.state.ny.us/governor/press/0410072.html

aaron
04-25-2007, 10:45 AM
I think the bettors will be screwed,no matter who gets the franchise. The only hope would be a private entity getting the franchise and OTB, with a provision that they takeout will not be raised,because of the added revenue from slots will more than compensate for any raise in the takeout.
Sadly,the politician's will screw NY racing once again.

samyn on the green
04-25-2007, 10:53 AM
a provision that they takeout will not be raised,because of the added revenue from slots will more than compensate for any raise in the takeout.
The panel reviewing the bids are not considering the public that supports them and racing. Frankly the panel is completely ignorant about the topic of racing and the needs of the public. The takeout will clearly be raised to the highest in the nation if the franchise is awarded to someone other than NYRA. The OTB's will make sure that raising the takeout to the highest in the racing world is a condition of winning the franchise. The panels major concern was hay sales and construction contracts for women/minorities. I do not have any confidence in NY to work this out. It would be a pleasant surprise if a favorable outcome for handicappers was the result of the franchise clusterfunk.

Tom
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Finger Laikes is looking to be the premier NY track in the not so distant future!
Reall,y below the stakes level, not a hell of a lot of differece in quality...NYBred is NYBreds. :lol:

Indulto
04-26-2007, 11:11 AM
The panel reviewing the bids are not considering the public that supports them and racing. Frankly the panel is completely ignorant about the topic of racing and the needs of the public. The takeout will clearly be raised to the highest in the nation if the franchise is awarded to someone other than NYRA. The OTB's will make sure that raising the takeout to the highest in the racing world is a condition of winning the franchise. The panels major concern was hay sales and construction contracts for women/minorities. I do not have any confidence in NY to work this out. It would be a pleasant surprise if a favorable outcome for handicappers was the result of the franchise clusterfunk.SOTG,
I really appreciate your posting the link. I’ve only listened to the Empire and NYRA presentations so far, but the panel, and Rifkin in particular, doesn’t sound incompetent to me. The most impressive individuals I’ve heard so far have been Hayward and Duncker, and all the more so as they were under fire. I thought their team really held up well when grilled about gaming. Empire was definitely not subjected to the same level of scrutiny.

Indulto
04-26-2007, 11:19 PM
OK, listened to the Excelsior presentation. Rifkin didn’t sound as authoritative as he did on the previous day and IMO appeared to be intimidated by Wynn. Wynn is a very effective speaker whose words impressed me more coming out of his mouth than they did on paper -- very Steinbrennerish. Mulrow sounds a lot like Perlee. They both have an upper-level bureaucracy presence about them. Fields and Roth sounded like successful businessmen willing to take direction from Wynn. The integrity compliance guy seemed a bit Runyon-esque. Bailey is very interesting as the only person with any racing knowledge who spoke for them.

I started listening to the Capital Play presentation, but it was like trying to understand Trevor Denman before I got used to him. Will try again another time.

It’s understandable why each group has its supporters. Each one has a different vision of what racing should become downstate and what role it will play in the proceedings on those properties.

I can see now that it's not a matter of right and wrong, but how people want to live in the future. Does the state want those properties to directly serve say 50,000 people or some multiple of that figure?

It's lucky that the people who wanted to preserve Saratoga got themselves listened to.