PDA

View Full Version : In news that should shock nobody...

Bubbles
04-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Cubs' Prior to undergo shoulder surgery.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-cubs-prior&prov=ap&type=lgns

philsfan07
04-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Cubs' Prior to undergo shoulder surgery.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-cubs-prior&prov=ap&type=lgns

Would it even be Spring without:

Prior getting surgery
Manny wanting out of Boston, then staying
Roger Clemens retiring, yet planning on coming back to the highest bidder

GaryG
04-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Roger Clemens retiring, yet planning on coming back to the highest bidderThis is quite a scam he has going. Only plays a small portion of the season for full time money. He's not going to win anybody the pennant at this point. But there will be takers.

melman
04-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Also Pavano on the DL, it's like a given. :jump:

philsfan07
04-24-2007, 10:57 AM
This is quite a scam he has going. Only plays a small portion of the season for full time money. He's not going to win anybody the pennant at this point. But there will be takers.

Well considering the Yankees have scored the most runs in the majors and are still 8-10, I am sure they will offer him a blank check shortly

JustRalph
04-24-2007, 12:19 PM
This is quite a scam he has going. Only plays a small portion of the season for full time money. He's not going to win anybody the pennant at this point. But there will be takers.

This is the smartest thing I have seen a pitcher ever do. Sit back and wait for some high expectation team to have a couple injuries to pitchers and then walk in and demand your price. The guy is a friggin genius and it's too bad he didn't start doing it ten years ago.

I predict you will see some others try this soon...........

philsfan07
04-24-2007, 01:19 PM
This is the smartest thing I have seen a pitcher ever do. Sit back and wait for some high expectation team to have a couple injuries to pitchers and then walk in and demand your price. The guy is a friggin genius and it's too bad he didn't start doing it ten years ago.

I predict you will see some others try this soon...........

That is one theory.. The other theory is it takes him until July to get a total blood tranfusion each year to get all the steroids out of his body.

OTM Al
04-24-2007, 02:57 PM
philsfan, you got to get off this steroids kick. Only low paid players use that stuff anymore. I actually believe Bonds when he said he never knowingly used steroids. Now human growth hormone and that stuff they give old people to stimulate bone and muscle growth is an entirely different matter.......

Bubbles
04-24-2007, 03:05 PM
How did this thread go from Mark Prior to steroids?

OTM Al
04-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Standard off topic degeneration......

Maybe Prior should have taken steroids........

philsfan07
04-24-2007, 03:30 PM
philsfan, you got to get off this steroids kick. Only low paid players use that stuff anymore. I actually believe Bonds when he said he never knowingly used steroids. Now human growth hormone and that stuff they give old people to stimulate bone and muscle growth is an entirely different matter.......

Well probably not the place to debate this. You can certainly have your opinion on steroids as can I. We'll agree to disagree.

Pitchers that throw 93 when they are 32 and 95 when they are 42 are not just 'improving'.. Something aint right..

skate
04-24-2007, 05:04 PM
well, fine,but to me if he was digging ditches, i'd say you may(do) have a point.

but when you are talking about a Ball player (fun, games) no way. makes no sense what-so-ever, never, for a human being (in shape) to want to sit and do nothing. nope!