PDA

View Full Version : Youbet vs. Ky Derby/Tracknet

highnote
04-24-2007, 03:02 AM
In my opinion Youbet should offer separate pool wagering on the KY Derby. I don't see any reason why Youbet should feel obligated to give CD a penny of any betting handle on the Derby.

Las Vegas does not give the Cleveland Browns money for handle they receive on football bets. So why should Youbet give CD money they take on KY Derby bets.

Screw CD and screw the Derby. They want to play hardball. Then lets take off the gloves and get down to business.

Hell, if Youbet won't take the bets, I'm half seriously considering setting up a website that allows people to bet on the Derby in a betting exchange fashion. Only, I won't take a single penny of profit for running the game. That way it is just friends betting with friends. Nothing illegal there.

This has already been proved to be legal in Connecticut. A group of commuters played poker everyday on the train. No commission was taken. This was a game between friends.

So if you're interested in betting the Derby let me know and maybe I can set up some kind of a site to allow us to bet amongst ourselves. It might be fun. And it sure as hell is better than what our industry leaders are offering us.

Indulto
04-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Screw CD and screw the Derby. They want to play hardball. Then lets take off the gloves and get down to business.

... So if you're interested in betting the Derby let me know and maybe I can set up some kind of a site to allow us to bet amongst ourselves. It might be fun. And it sure as hell is better than what our industry leaders are offering us.SJ,
They're not screwing you ... YOU'RE screwing you if you let Tracknet, Youbet, or anybody make a couch potato out of you on one of the best racing days of the year.

Belmont will be open on Derby day offering live racing in a pleasant setting while enabling you to watch and wager on the classy CD undercard horizontal exotics as well as the 20-horse vertical focal point of the last few months.

Don't take all this BS as a problem, but rather as an opportunity to get out in the sun and renew your passion for the game.

Screw all the ADWs that want to lock you up in front of your TV set. Show them they aren't nearly as important as they think they are. I'll be headed for Hollywood Park and loving every minute of it.

BIG49010
04-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Based on latest quote of ubet, Churchill is winning, if you think that there is going to be a reversal buy UBET stock with your 2.00 dollars. This is a bet you won't loose your 2.00, it might go to 2 cents, but you won't loose it all.

Tom
04-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Gee Indulto....what about those of us who don't live near Belmont?
Or rather go to prison than go there in the first place? Believe it or not, some people do not enjoy the gross mis-treatment, stinking crowds, lack of customer ammenities, over prices, bad food, and generally miserable experience of going to a track. To me, it is the worst way to spend an afternoon. I hate going to the track.

I agree with John...screw 'em all.

Indulto
04-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Gee Indulto....what about those of us who don't live near Belmont?
Or rather go to prison than go there in the first place? Believe it or not, some people do not enjoy the gross mis-treatment, stinking crowds, lack of customer ammenities, over prices, bad food, and generally miserable experience of going to a track. To me, it is the worst way to spend an afternoon. I hate going to the track.

I agree with John...screw 'em all.Gee Tom....ever think about packing a sandwich or two to eat with your chowder?

It's a huge facility and and there won't be a Belmont Day Crowd at BEL on Derby day. Take Amtrak. It's cheaper than driving and, if it makes you happy, you can stop at Sing Sing on the way and pick up a few tips on bending over for the ADWs. ;)

I hear you can even use your laptop on the train, now.

I'm not suggesting this is something you guys should do every weekend or must do on May 5. All I'm saying is that one doen't have to give in to the middlemen or give up one of the best days of racing.

If I remember correctly, there's still a big tree at BEL for simians to swing from. Be sure to bring a bananna.:jump:

NoCal Boy
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Youbet stock dropped this morning on the perception that losing the Derby is a big deal. However, once all settles down, and people realize what is going on here, the stock will rebound back and the pressure will be back on TrackNet.

TrackNet is conditioning its signal on Youbet dropping all of its TVG signals. THis is asinine. TVG has bonafide contracts with these tracks right now. Everyone, including Youbet, agrees that exclusivity is bad. But TVG still has some exclusive tracks left and they are bonafide contracts. Why screw these tracks and horsemen for simply having deals that lasted longer than Churchill Downs deal with TVG? Didn't Churchill encourage NYRA, Del MAr, HollyPark, Keeneland and others to join TVG in the first place? Now TrackNet wants to screw these tracks simply because they have contracts that expire later than Churchill Downs.

Tom
04-24-2007, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=Indulto]Gee Tom....ever think about packing a sandwich or two to eat with your chowder?

/QUOTE]

Duh. I live 360 miles away. I really don't care if I can't bet Belmont - I want the Derby card. Belmont is not my cup of tea and I play very few races there. IMHO, one turn races up to a mile and an eigth are bush league. I'll play turf, but the dirt track might as well be NASCAR. A mile an ahalf track....what was that guy smoking when he desinged that?:D

thelyingthief
04-24-2007, 05:51 PM
who is it we're screwing? can i, if you don't mind, precede everybody? i'm fastidious about things like that. should i bring more than a condom? vagicil? sulpha drugs?

betovernetcapper
04-24-2007, 07:13 PM
This Derby doesn't stack up to be a very good betting race anyway. I can pass.