PDA

View Full Version : Albany's block of NYRA internet wagering, corruption or incompetence?

samyn on the green
04-23-2007, 07:33 PM
I know a few dozen horse players that use the internet ADW BRISBET. They are losing the NYRA/Hollywood signal when Belmont opens. These guys are looking for a new internet ADW provider in the next few weeks. There is a vital window of opportunity for NYRA to grow its business with the Ohio Americatab crippled. NYRA can not capitalize on this opportunity due to Albany's corruption. NYRA internet platform has been ready for release for months but is being blocked by OTB interests in Albany.

Is AMERICATAB approved by the NYSRWB to provide internet ADW in NY? Why would Albany block NYRAs internet wagering platform while allowing NY players to send money to Ohio/AMERICATAB? Those guys in Albany are costing NY taxpayers millions with their incompetence/corruption.

LaughAndBeMerry
04-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Maybe it can be approved at the next meeting. I think they meet once a month.

Indulto
04-23-2007, 09:38 PM
... guys are looking for a new internet ADW provider in the next few weeks. There is a vital window of opportunity for NYRA to grow its business with the Ohio Americatab crippled. NYRA can not capitalize on this opportunity due to Albany's corruption. NYRA internet platform has been ready for release for months but is being blocked by OTB interests in Albany.

Is AMERICATAB approved by the NYSRWB to provide internet ADW in NY? Why would Albany block NYRAs internet wagering platform while allowing NY players to send money to Ohio/AMERICATAB? Those guys in Albany are costing NY taxpayers millions with their incompetence/corruption. Spitzer's panel's recommendation isn't due until after the Derby, right? What's a few mil here and there compared to all the money already lost by holding up the AQU slots? Isn't more always better? ;)

You'd think the NYRA would at least use the opportunity to expand phone betting outside NY and CT in time for the Belmont. (Now why would I want to put beans in my ears?) :bang:

Tom
04-23-2007, 10:23 PM
For those of you who don't live in NY, Spitzer is a fraud, a crook, and idiot, and garbage smells better than he does. He is not "clean" like Obama. He is a cancer, a disease. Something to be amputated, dosed with penicillan. And those are his good qualities. His mother should be arrested for pollution.

He fits NYS government like a glove.

Ron
04-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if there is anything that you DO like, Tom.

Tom
04-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Cowbell.
Love cowbell.

;)

cj
04-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Cowbell.
Love cowbell.

;)

...and chowder.

Dave Schwartz
04-24-2007, 01:41 AM
LOL - I can vouch for the chowder thing. And they DO have good chowder at Saratoga. (The sausages are my favorites.)

BTW, Tom, Beth and I are thinking of changing our plans from an Ireland trip this year to a Saratoga trip. (We are considering moving there and she'd like to see the place.)

When is the 'Toga trip this year?

Dave

Zaf
04-24-2007, 01:55 AM
I coulda used a little more Cowbell. :lol:

BillW
04-24-2007, 02:06 AM
When is the 'Toga trip this year?

Dave

11th thru the 18th giving us both Saturdays and all dates in between.

Gibbon
04-24-2007, 02:22 AM
...Spitzer is a fraud, a crook, and idiot... I am not familiar with Spitzer’s complete record but I can tell you if not for Spitzer the runaway capitalism that directly lead to the stock market crash on 2000 would have been much more painful.

Enron, MCI-WorldCom, Kozlowski of Tyco International and many other got away with murder under Clinton era polices. Anyone remember the rolling blackouts in California? In my world Spitzer is superman.

Of course now the Oil companies get away with murder. Who do you vote for?
I just don’t know????

Tom
04-24-2007, 07:40 AM
...and chowder.

If I could, I would eat chowder from a cowbell. At Dave's house in Saratoga.:jump:

Dave - good news...I will have to find a way to get loose this year and make the trek down 90.

Gibbon...welcome to the board.

Ron
04-24-2007, 10:12 AM
I know a few dozen horse players that use the internet ADW BRISBET. They are losing the NYRA/Hollywood signal when Belmont opens. These guys are looking for a new internet ADW provider in the next few weeks. There is a vital window of opportunity for NYRA to grow its business with the Ohio Americatab crippled. NYRA can not capitalize on this opportunity due to Albany's corruption. NYRA internet platform has been ready for release for months but is being blocked by OTB interests in Albany.

Is AMERICATAB approved by the NYSRWB to provide internet ADW in NY? Why would Albany block NYRAs internet wagering platform while allowing NY players to send money to Ohio/AMERICATAB? Those guys in Albany are costing NY taxpayers millions with their incompetence/corruption.

Where is this information from? I was under the impression that the online wagering would be through OTB websites like www.capitalotb.com (http://www.capitalotb.com), not NYRA.

samyn on the green
04-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Where is this information from? I was under the impression that the online wagering would be through OTB websites like www.capitalotb.com (http://www.capitalotb.com), not NYRA.The information is from the NYRA website. You are under the wrong impression. Here is a few links to fill your information void. You've been beating that cowbell for too long.

http://www.nyrarewards.com/Portal/Index.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=16

http://www.nyra.com/NYRARewardsBrochure.pdf

Milleruszk
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
For those of you who don't live in NY, Spitzer is a fraud, a crook, and idiot, and garbage smells better than he does. He is not "clean" like Obama. He is a cancer, a disease. Something to be amputated, dosed with penicillan. And those are his good qualities. His mother should be arrested for pollution.

He fits NYS government like a glove.

That still makes him better than 90% of the politicians in NJ! :lol:

the Bid
04-24-2007, 03:39 PM
If and when the Racing and Wagering Board gets the rules written the OTB's in NY WILL be taking online wagering. The OTB's are not in opposition to online wagering, they want it.

SilverSow
04-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Tom...

Gee, you'd BETTER make the trip down 90 so you can cash in on those drinks I promised you to make up for that $5 a gallon gas you were moaning about a while back... LOLOLOLOL...

Dave

Tom
04-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Holy Cow, Dave, the way gas has gone up the last month, by Toga time, it will be $10 a gallon. $5 will be the good old days! :eek:

SilverSow
04-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Look at the bright side, Tom... prices not even approaching $5 gave you the chance to move on to even more outrageous stuff... LOLOLOL... seeya at the Spa!

Dave