PDA

View Full Version : Mutuality in Pari-Mutual

karlskorner
11-23-2002, 09:42 AM
www.als.edu/glc/wagering/reports.html

Last article on the page

Jaguar
11-23-2002, 11:30 AM
Karl, thanks for posting this. First, is Elliot Spitzer a licensed Attorney/ Has he ever heard of the Commerce clause? This is America, Citibank can't tell us where to spend our money.

Second, there has been an ongoing management crisis(this is old news to Manhattanites, who have been treated to an endless account of Citibank management follies- from fisticuffs by top executives at a fancy dress ball- to ATM machines grabbing customer's money from their accounts) for the past 10 years.

Don't be surprised by any unwise or illegal policies introduced by Citibank management, they are capable of anything.

All the best,

Jaguar

Tom
11-23-2002, 12:30 PM
The truth is, most banks today are completely unethical and irresponsible. They contiunue to send out offers for immediate acceptance to a credit card, often pre-approved, with no knowledge whatsoever of the character of the peolple they are dealing with. Citibank is a particulary un-trustworthy bank, based on offers I have either received myself of seen given to others.
The business world today is full of whores. There is no dignity in the banking world anyore - they are on the same level as a corner hooker, except the corner hooker may have a wee bit more credibility. You can't hide a scum-bag in a suit and tie - the stink will give him away every time. Citibank semlls to high heaven.

Figman
11-23-2002, 01:33 PM
If it is Bennett Liebman that writes these Albany Law School articles, he ranks right up there with the current "best thinkers" in today's racing world. To me, these Liebman? ALS articles and those of the Washington Post's Andy Beyer are head and shoulders above what you get in the Daily Racing Form from its publisher! I see that the University of Arizona realizes the same as Bennett Liebman is among their featured speakers at the Symposium on Racing next month.

karlskorner
11-23-2002, 08:00 PM
I think I stayed out in the sun to long today. Who is Elliot Spitzer and what has Citibank have to do with the above article ? Did I miss a page somewhere ?

Figman
11-23-2002, 08:31 PM
Eliot Spitzer is the Democratic Attorney General in New York. He has apparently convinced Citibank that gambling and credit cards don't mix! He is now working on other credit issuing companies to make sure that they don't let their customers that wager, replenish their accounts using credit cards.

Tom
11-23-2002, 11:30 PM
.......is the enemy of horse racing. Remember his name next election - take out the trash.

karlskorner
11-24-2002, 08:10 AM
Thank you.

Leave town for 30 years and things change