PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays Double at the Big Enchilada

Suff
11-23-2002, 08:40 AM
Should be an interesting Day at NY. There are a few Maiden races with LOTS and LOTS of firsters, and 2nd'ers. Should be a an off track as well. Rained all Day yesterday, and been cold and misty since.

Gonna make two plays in the first. Using the Following strategy.

Pedigree
HOT HOT HOT Trainer
excellent, steady workouts
First lasix
Owner

That lands me on the 7 horse, Traffic Chief.

If the AE, gets in Apache Dance, and I suspect he will, I'm gonna use him. Ran fairly well against Open MDSPWT group at PHA and get in against State breds here. Trainer clicking at 12% w/2nd start..........21% w/2YO's and 16% off a brief rest and this horse meets all three of those conditions. Got some money in his Debut going off slightly south of 9-1 First race 7-13-4 (bridgmohan)

2nd race.. Tough race,, difficult to get a feel for the pace here. If they get any kind of speed up front.. should be the outside wave coming with the 6, 7, 8. If the 1 and not the 1a run,, that may help the pace scenario for the horse's I like . The 6 Inky Lawson and the 7 Gunning and the 8, Personal Journey. Really hard to sngle any of those,, so I'm just going to Sit on the 6 with JOHNY V in the irons.

NY Daily Double 7-6,,,, wide tickets 7, 13/7,8,6

Tom
11-23-2002, 12:22 PM
2 - Alter Ego
1a- Gail's Drive
6 - Ink Lawson

Tom
11-23-2002, 01:08 PM
If anyone can give me one positive thing to say about this 22-1 winner, I would love to hear it.
Other than NYRA is just sooooo classy.

Suff
11-23-2002, 10:31 PM
was the pace play. The horse Can't win off the lead,, The horse can't close... Had to get a pace she could hang near enough to steal it, and it happened.. I had INKY pretty big and thought she had the 5 beat not once,, but twice,, she beat off the 5.. the 5 just would'nt go away.

and ,, when I went back and read my orginal post from this morning,, I started by saying,,, DIFFICULT RACE TO GET A FEEL FOR THE PACE!!!

So I was heading in the right direction with my handicapping , just took a wrong turn,,,Should woulda coulda landed on the 5 had I worked it a lil harder...