PDA

View Full Version : Talk about surrender...former LAT editor says give up your guns!

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2007, 05:43 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/18/commentary.plate/index.html

How scary....

JustRalph
04-20-2007, 05:52 PM
How can a person be so ignorant? From the article:

"So let's just disregard all the hoopla about the race of the student responsible for the slayings. These students were not killed by a Korean, they were killed by a 9 mm handgun and a .22-caliber handgun."

This idiot actually believes this. Somebody needs to shoot him in the foot, and then ask him who shot him. Lay a .22 gun at his right foot and then walk over to his left foot and shoot him in the foot with a .44 mag. Then ask him who shot him? A .22 or a guy with a .44?

This kind of stuff is why I am going back to becoming a gun collector.

let's hear from somebody with some sense.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OTIwYzMyZmQ1YzQ1MDNmZTMyYzQ1Y2U3YTU4YzNmNGE=

GaryG
04-20-2007, 06:32 PM

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OTIwYzMyZmQ1YzQ1MDNmZTMyYzQ1Y2U3YTU4YzNmNGE=Jus t got one of these:

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/colt_saa1.jpg

GameTheory
04-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Ted Nugent takes the other view:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/commentary.nugent/index.html

Show Me the Wire
04-20-2007, 10:12 PM
He can have my gun when his cold dead hands can pry it free from my warm live hands.

Greyfox
04-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Quote:(from article)
"So let's just disregard all the hoopla about the race of the student responsible for the slayings. These students were not killed by a Korean, they were killed by a 9 mm handgun and a .22-caliber handgun."

Does this man really get paid for these thoughts?

1. The killings had nothing to do with Race of the student. ( I agree)
2. The gun killed the students. (Yeah, with the student's help, but Total Tommyrot.)

I say:

The article's logic suggests that we need new laws.
We will no longer need to have jails. Just cupboards, or warehouses.
Just sentence the guns. :lol:

The writer is interesting in that he admits Hui was responsible.
Then he turns on the means used as the culprit.
That's like stubbing your toe on a block and screaming "stupid G.Damn block." ( Don't think I haven't done that either.)
The fact is they were killed by a demented man, by whatever means.
He could have engineered the roof to fall. He could have blown the place up.
The person is always responsible, if they willingly commit a crime, sane or mad.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Don't argue with Ted:

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.

kenwoodallpromos
04-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Interesting twist is that during the LA Rodney King riots the only ones whose stores were not destroyed were the Koreans' because they had guns!
"By the second day the violence appeared widespread and unchecked. The Korean American community, which perceived the first day's events as an abandonment of Koreatown, swiftly organized a self-defense team composed of veteran Marines and workers, who entered the fray. Open gun battles were televised as Korean shopkeepers and the self-defense group took to using firearms to protect their businesses from crowds of looters. (One of the volunteers, 18-year-old Edward Lee, would die in crossfire that evening.)[9] Organized law-enforcement response began to come together by mid-day"

Jaguar
04-20-2007, 11:54 PM
The Admin. is 1000% right. America was founded by men with practical wisdom, who knew that we'll never be free if we lose our right to self-defense.

Jaguar

Light
04-21-2007, 12:21 AM
America was founded by slave owners.

JustRalph
04-21-2007, 12:27 AM

Armed ones. That is why they ruled............think about it!

46zilzal
04-21-2007, 01:23 AM
The Admin. is 1000% right. America was founded by men with practical wisdom, who knew that we'll never be free if we lose our right to self-defense.

in the 18th century

boxcar
04-21-2007, 01:30 AM
How can a person be so ignorant? From the article:

This idiot actually believes this. Somebody needs to shoot him in the foot, and then ask him who shot him. Lay a .22 gun at his right foot and then walk over to his left foot and shoot him in the foot with a .44 mag. Then ask him who shot him? A .22 or a guy with a .44?

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OTIwYzMyZmQ1YzQ1MDNmZTMyYzQ1Y2U3YTU4YzNmNGE=

It's whackos like these who believe that pencils misspell words.

Boxcar

boxcar
04-21-2007, 01:35 AM
in the 18th century

Allow me to give a clue: Human nature hasn't changed one iota down through the centuries. Never has. Never will. The leopard will never change its spots.

Boxcar

usetheforce
04-21-2007, 02:39 AM
Britains have a no gun law for everyone, last year number of homicides 56 in the whole country, in New York alone 580. Outlaw all hand guns and automatic weapons, allow anyone that wants to bear arms to have a shotgun!!!!!!!

GaryG
04-21-2007, 10:54 AM
The picture in my previous post disappeared. It was the current model of the 1873 Colt Peacemaker.

Tom
04-21-2007, 10:56 AM

Half truth, you idiot.
Slavery was also abolished by AMERICANs.
Take you hatered for America and stick it up your ARSE, boy.

Light
04-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Jefferson owed 200 slaves and Washington 100. More than half the signers of the Declaration of Independence were slave owners at the time they signed the document . Perhaps you should find some counseling for your animosity Mr. Tom (wanna be) Cho.

GaryG
04-21-2007, 11:21 AM
America was founded by slave owners.So, what is your point? This is a meaningless statement.

DJofSD
04-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Poor Light.

For him, it's not whether the glass is half empty or half full. It's about the poor microbes in the water that will be destroyed when the water is drunk.

betovernetcapper
04-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Under our existing laws Cho was prohibited from buying firearms.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/21/us/21guns.html?th&emc=th

Maybe when an alien is judged to have a mental problem, we should simply deport them. Now that I think about it the Long Island train killer was also an alien. The problem is not that we have too many guns-it's that we have too many green cards.

Tom
04-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Jefferson owed 200 slaves and Washington 100. More than half the signers of the Declaration of Independence were slave owners at the time they signed the document . Perhaps you should find some counseling for your animosity Mr. Tom (wanna be) Cho.

You don't read very well, do you?
Cherry pick facts and ignore the rest. Learn than in yer Coor-ann did you?

Greyfox
04-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Britains have a no gun law for everyone, last year number of homicides 56 in the whole country, in New York alone 580. Outlaw all hand guns and automatic weapons, allow anyone that wants to bear arms to have a shotgun!!!!!!!

Your stats are different than the ones I just googled.

http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/output/page40.asp

Show Me the Wire
04-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Greyfox:

Maybe he is talking about homicides involving guns. But 56 involving guns is staggering in a country that bans gun ownership.

This would bolster the sensible position if you ban gun ownership only the criminals will have them leaving the general public defenseless.

Oh what the heck if you don't have a gun, a person looking for a decent body count can just use a bomb.

Show Me the Wire
04-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Maybe when an alien is judged to have a mental problem, we should simply deport them. Now that I think about it the Long Island train killer was also an alien. The problem is not that we have too many guns-it's that we have too many green cards.

I agree, liberal philosophy kills ;)

Light
04-21-2007, 12:23 PM
You don't read very well, do you?
Cherry pick facts and ignore the rest. Learn than in yer Coor-ann did you?

Your facts border on retardation. I tell you this country was founded by slave owners. 1776. Hard core facts.You tell me I'm an idiot cause we freed the slaves. That wasn't until 1865. Go back to high school.

betovernetcapper
04-21-2007, 12:24 PM
In the UK, if you carry a tiny locking pocket knife, the penalty is 2 years plus a fine. Such insane laws began with "reasonable" prohibitions on handguns.

GaryG
04-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Your facts border on retardation. I tell you this country was founded by slave owners. 1776. Hard core facts.You tell me I'm an idiot cause we freed the slaves. That wasn't until 1865. Go back to high school.Again, SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

Tom
04-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Your facts border on retardation. I tell you this country was founded by slave owners. 1776. Hard core facts.You tell me I'm an idiot cause we freed the slaves. That wasn't until 1865. Go back to high school.

No, I pointed out not all founders were slave owners, FACT, boy.
Then I went further ( this is called furthering an idea.....you wouldn't know that from cherry picking) andpointed out that even though you exaggerated the point, this ocountry still gew and matured and outlawed the horrible practice. BTW, how many MOO-slim nations have outlawed thier antiquated laws about slavery, mistreatment of women, etc, after thousands of years?
I mean, WE did it in realtively few years....what is holding them back?

You want to sling shit, you need to practice not your aim, but your ducking.:D

Light
04-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Every state in the union had legalized slavery in 1776. The founding fathers supported slavery and most were slave owners. Its a fact. Deal with it.

46zilzal
04-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I agree, liberal philosophy kills
Just like that philosophy that has already got over 3400 killed? and NO end in sight?

Tom
04-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Every state in the union had legalized slavery in 1776. The founding fathers supported slavery and most were slave owners. Its a fact. Deal with it.

Dealt with it...You can't.

I said not all. You agreed. Are you now saying ALL?
I pointed out we corrcted it....you seen to deny it, or ignore it becasue it is not one of your cherries. Then Iasked why Moo-lims have NOT corrected it after thousands of years, and you ignored that too, again, no your cherry.

I have no problems with reality...good and bad.
YOU, however, seem to be factually challenged.
Hope YOU don't live in Virginia.

Show Me the Wire
04-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Zilzal:

Rather like the philosophy that is still happening in Afghanistan (Taliban) and yesterday in Somalia. Did you read all the world news or just limit your perspective to Iraq?

46zilzal
04-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Zilzal:

Rather like the philosophy that is still happening in Afghanistan (Taliban) and yesterday in Somalia. Did you read all the world news or just limit your perspective to Iraq?
kill more third world people! that's the answer........it makes those who survive VERY friendly.

JustRalph
04-21-2007, 02:15 PM
hey light. they still have slavery in every islamic country? Doesn't that bother you?

They did change the names though. They aren't called slaves anymore.

They are called "women"

skate
04-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Wiki, has this to say;

deaths rates:

UK 10.9
Jersey 9.32 (w/strong gun laws)
USA 8.26
Israel 6.17

these results say something

UAR 2.16
S. Arabia 2.55
Kuwait 2.39 (home of HAL.)

so, the british, god bless em, are dying from something.

i here, UK, gun deaths are on the rise.

Light
04-21-2007, 03:36 PM
I pointed out we corrcted it..

So what.So did Rome and Egypt. You're talking 1865. I'm talking 1776. I'm talking founding fathers, birth of a nation.You're talking 16th president,civil war. Get a clue.

Then I asked why Moo-lims have NOT corrected it

Slavery does not exist in the Middle East today.Read a book. Get off drugs.

46zilzal
04-21-2007, 03:47 PM
still around according to the BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/1357_slavery_today/

Light
04-21-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm aware slavery still exists in the world(and canabalism too)but I assume Tom's "MOO-Slims" are middle eastern.

Show Me the Wire
04-21-2007, 04:25 PM
kill more third world people! that's the answer........it makes those who survive VERY friendly.

It is the third world people doing the killing. That is the philosophy I referred too. The pre-teen in Afghanistan decapitating a man with a knife, while being video taped by adult cohorts and the mass violence in Somalia by muslims.

Tom
04-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Thanks, 46.

Light - ever hear of the Sudan?

I think you have no clue - and if anyone here is on drugs, it is you.
I think one of the signs of drug use is the inability carry on conversations....:D

And, as another asked earlier.....just what the HELL is your point anyway?

Show Me the Wire
04-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Not only slavery but kidnapping for camel jockeys, which is much more recent than the 1800s

46zilzal
04-21-2007, 04:53 PM
It is the third world people doing the killing. That is the philosophy I referred too. The pre-teen in Afghanistan decapitating a man with a knife, while being video taped by adult cohorts and the mass violence in Somalia by muslims.
Let them alone to do what is culturally their thing.

lsbets
04-21-2007, 06:20 PM

Anyone who has ever been to Kuwait or Saudi Arabia (and I would also assume the UAE, but I haven't been there) would tell you how wrong you are. Slavery is a way of life in the middle east. Imported laborers from India, Indonesia, the Phillipines, and the Palestinians who are there might not be openly called slaves, but that is what they are.

BIG RED
04-21-2007, 06:29 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/18/commentary.plate/index.html

How scary....

I'll listen to Ted.

Nugent, not Kennedy

GaryG
04-21-2007, 07:47 PM
I'll listen to Ted.

Nugent, not KennedyRed, you had me worried there for a minute....good choice!

Show Me the Wire
04-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Let them alone to do what is culturally their thing.

Nice idea. But click on the link I posted in the first post under the disturbing message thread. It seems they are preoccupied with America and its destruction and will not leave us alone to do our cultural thing.

PaceAdvantage
04-22-2007, 12:42 AM
The picture in my previous post disappeared. It was the current model of the 1873 Colt Peacemaker.

It didn't disappear. It never showed up in the first place! :lol:

boxcar
04-22-2007, 01:41 AM
So what.So did Rome and Egypt. You're talking 1865. I'm talking 1776. I'm talking founding fathers, birth of a nation.You're talking 16th president,civil war. Get a clue.

Physician, heal thy self! No slavery in the middle east!? :rolleyes:

http://www.meforum.org/article/189

Boxcar

Light
04-22-2007, 02:08 AM
As previously stated,I am reffering to the middle east,not Sudan,which is part of Africa. As far as slavery in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia,I am not aware of it as an industry there. Nor is the rest of the world as we supposedly liberated Kuwait from Saddam but left the slave masters in tact???? And Saudi Arabia is practically the Bushes 2nd home. If they use slaves as an industry in SA,then why are the Bushes not talking about it?

Tom
04-22-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm aware slavery still exists in the world(and canabalism too)but I assume Tom's "MOO-Slims" are middle eastern.You assume wrong. What else is new?