PDA

View Full Version : HEY COLORED MAN

Whitehos
11-22-2002, 06:30 PM
Hey colored man(Purple Power)

Some of usins back East depend on you for their bread and wine. It is now 6:30 PM and no post for 11-22. Get with it Marc. I need those pics.

It is possible to eat off this guy.
Whitehos

PurplePower
11-23-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Whitehos
Hey colored man(Purple Power)

Some of usins back East depend on you for their bread and wine. It is now 6:30 PM and no post for 11-22. Get with it Marc. I need those pics.

It is possible to eat off this guy.
Whitehos
Hey Pale horse. Your computer must have been on strike. PP for 11/22 was posted at 1:11 AM CST. I was able to get it then and still able to get it now after getting home. Did you use an old favorites button or something? I usually leave for track around 3:30 or 4:00 (CST) live racing days, and usually don't check the board until after the third or fourth race -- 8 to 8:30, so I don't see these messages until then (or as in tonight's case where I was busy until after seventh race, I don't check til after a couple of vodka tonics at TGIF's.

My phone number is on the purple power page of SHRP website and I don't mind anyone calling and saying a sheet is not posted. Don't want the suits to miss any of that handle from youins up north. ;)

PurplePower
11-23-2002, 03:40 AM
Ok Whitey. Tonight's sheet is posted (2:35 AM CST 11/23).

In previous post, I didn't thank you for the "flowers". I'm glad to know I am doing my small part to avert world hunger. :cool:

Whitehos
11-23-2002, 10:09 AM
Marc
It is 10:10 AM here in Yankee land. I use ComCast cable internet and PP is still not up. I know it will be later cause last night I had to take Mrs Hos out to spend some of your money and was anxious to wager early. At 6:15 Yankee time it was not up. At 10PM it was there. Gotta believe you give it to a web master that causes the delay.

If the rest of the world learns about you hunger will go the way of the dodo bird.

Thanks
Whitehos

PurplePower
11-23-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Whitehos
Marc
It is 10:10 AM here in Yankee land. I use ComCast cable internet and PP is still not up. I know it will be later cause last night I had to take Mrs Hos out to spend some of your money and was anxious to wager early. At 6:15 Yankee time it was not up. At 10PM it was there. Gotta believe you give it to a web master that causes the delay.
I post the sheet myself and did so last night at 2:30. There have been over 100 hits this morning, so some people are getting it. Your browser might not be refreshing each time it goes to the Purple Power page (unless you turn your computer off in between). Go to the Purple Power index page, right click and select refresh (or select the refresh button on the tool bar). If that doesn't bring up the index page with the link to today's sheet, then something is wrong North of the Mason Dixon line. (Guess I could say, just ANOTHER thing is wrong up there -- but I won't.) (Note - Name is MAC - not maRc);)

GameTheory
11-23-2002, 01:07 PM
Some ISPs keep their own cache that can cause things like that to be delayed for a few hours -- it could be ComCast's fault if "refresh" doesn't work...

Boris
11-23-2002, 03:16 PM
The over/under on horses being sent back for "late" rider changes at Sammy tonight is 3. I think we got more than that in one race on Thursday, and they were all on the same horse! Play the over; it's the lock of the day. It's getting harder and harder for Mike to annouce that with a straight face. ;)

PurplePower
11-23-2002, 04:24 PM
If you guys could only hear Michael when he calls down to my room after another "Ladies and Gentlemen ..........."

smf
11-24-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Boris
The over/under on horses being sent back for "late" rider changes at Sammy tonight is 3. I think we got more than that in one race on Thursday, and they were all on the same horse! Play the over; it's the lock of the day. It's getting harder and harder for Mike to annouce that with a straight face. ;)

I think they hit the under tonite, B. One of the rider changes was on SOME FORTUNE in r9. Announced it precisely as they left the paddock, and the horse hits the track 30 seconds AFTER Chamberlain sez "There is less than 2 minutes until post time".

The Fairgrounds can't get here fast enuff...

Suff
11-24-2002, 07:10 AM
I'll never forget the time I had a wager at Santa Anita on a RUN n GUN speed ball.. who was dropping down 2 levels on the claiming level and was at 5-1. I thought he caught a field he could stay in front off. Something happened at the gate where his Jockey Banged his KNEE going in the gate. Late Jockey Change.

The Asst Starter.. Takes the Horses Bridle , and Gallops him TWO FURLONGS back to the scale, to reweigh the saddle , and Gallops him back two Furlongs to the starting gate. BOTH WAYS IN A FULL GALLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sitting at home playing on x-pressbet.com.. could'nt cancel the wager. Horse ran about 2 Furlongs and stopped for a nap. I Wanted to Fly to California and ask that Asst Starter WHAT THE XXXX are you DOING to my HORSE!!!