PDA

View Full Version : " Dam has 3 winners from 4 starters " ( Stat I never looked at )

BeatTheChalk
04-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Lately I have found several fair to good priced winners .... from the Dams
who have done well. I am relatively sure that I am not the first to
stumble on to this :lol: Of course when I start checking an angle
.. it ALWAYS works the first few times - Comments please ? :bang:

Pgh. Gere
04-20-2007, 08:11 PM
BTC- I've had similar results as you. Dam is often overlooked . Sometimes it's frustrating when you look up several runners, only to find out that they are out of an unraced dam. Still, when you find a 3 of 4 or whatever, adds alot more to the picture. Had one couple seasons back, his sire was only like 10 or 12 % with turf runners, nothing to get overly excited about. Then I looked up the dam stats and she had produce 2 turf winners from as many starters. Finished 2nd by a nose at a big price.

I also look at the dam's racing record, if any. Always like to see that she was a stakes winner or stakes placed.

Good luck in your research.

BeatTheChalk
04-20-2007, 08:51 PM
BTC- I've had similar results as you. Dam is often overlooked . Sometimes it's frustrating when you look up several runners, only to find out that they are out of an unraced dam. Still, when you find a 3 of 4 or whatever, adds alot more to the picture. Had one couple seasons back, his sire was only like 10 or 12 % with turf runners, nothing to get overly excited about. Then I looked up the dam stats and she had produce 2 turf winners from as many starters. Finished 2nd by a nose at a big price.

I also look at the dam's racing record, if any. Always like to see that she was a stakes winner or stakes placed.

Good luck in your research.

Thanks for your input and kind words. See how it goes :ThmbUp: