PDA

View Full Version : DDSS are they kidding

John
04-19-2007, 02:16 PM
John,
Demographic studies by both NYRA and Maryland tracks indicate their client base is comprised of a very small number of very large bettors, along with a very large number of very small bettors. That makes "averages" essentially meaningless. It is a good case of "statistics" on attendance and handle being unrepresentative of reality. That reality is that Eastern bettors tend to be primarily hobbyists and trivial bettors--both of which come up short and neither of which can afford our ratings. Per your request, you will be removed from our email list.
Best Regards,
ddss ratings

:) :) :)

banacek
04-19-2007, 02:48 PM
That reality is that Eastern bettors tend to be primarily hobbyists and trivial bettors--both of which come up short and neither of which can afford our ratings.

The website says something quite different:

"For novice and recreational bettors, DDSS Professional Ratings provide the equivalent of a black belt in wagering"

Greyfox
04-19-2007, 03:38 PM
John,
That reality is that Eastern bettors tend to be primarily hobbyists and trivial bettors--both of which come up short and neither of which can afford our ratings.

Hey East coasters, are you primarily hobbyists and trivial bettors?:lol:

Also, the DDSS site says:
"If you can't afford DDSS Thoroughbred Ratings, it is probably because you are not using them."

The epitome of pomp.

John
04-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Do you think I should invite them to post thier ratings, Naw...we don't bet enough.

misscashalot
04-19-2007, 05:41 PM
never heard of them put them in google and came up with their site. first thing you see is some floozie holding fist full of greenbacks. gives impression of them being hucksters. turn off.

TurfRuler
04-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Also, the DDSS site says:
"If you can't afford DDSS Thoroughbred Ratings, it is probably because you are not using them."

PT said, "Never give a sucker an even break."

MONEY
04-19-2007, 08:42 PM
The DDSS site belongs to a Paceadvantage member known as traynor (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=1624)

Greyfox
04-19-2007, 08:51 PM
The DDSS site belongs to a Paceadvantage member known as traynor (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=1624)

I'm still waiting for Traynor to post the link to the University of Arizona study that shows that only 5 % of patrons win.
East Coasters might want to ask him if he considers their betting habits as
hobbyist and trivial.

orrug2k
04-19-2007, 09:25 PM
He gives out 4 dogs per race at 20 different dog tracks , which by the way have only 8 dogs per race. Posts his inevitable big scores for whichever dog track won that day. Sound familiar. You give anyone 4 picks per race and your going to have some longshots eventually. I get the wchr report for 300 a year and that guy has given me plenty of winners daily with 2 picks per race. Plus he gives a minimum acceptable odds for each pick. Im coming to believe the only money in this game is overlays. I get some picks for free that are the highest rated horses in each race and eventually they go off at 3 to 1 or higher. One paid 12 dollars today. That makes me 1.50 roi daily. Just a few bets but high returns.

bigmack
04-20-2007, 04:06 AM
Per your request, you will be removed from our email list.

I have little doubt that the vigor of the product generated by the sender of the email you received is of question as I am more than suspect of such offerings.

A further question asks why you would feel compelled to initiate a thread regarding a matter that could have been discreetly handled?

John
04-20-2007, 09:01 AM
TRAYOR....Where are you ??? The boys of Wall st are waiting for you.

GaryG
04-20-2007, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=bigmackA further question asks why you would feel compelled to initiate a thread regarding a matter that could have been discreetly handled?[/QUOTE]Well, everybody likes to break balls occasionally.

Greyfox
04-20-2007, 10:10 AM
A further question asks why you would feel compelled to initiate a thread regarding a matter that could have been discreetly handled?

It looks to me that John did handle the matter discretely, initially.
The response back to him from a public handicapping service reflected an elitist attitude. No problem there. However, when that service also went on to make a blanket over-generalization about a whole sea board of bettors, that becomes worthy of posting. That statement is not a private one to John about John. It is designed to influence John's perception about Aque, Gulfstream, etc bettors.
It's a disposition that this company holds. If there was an indescretion it was by the representative who wrote the response in the first place.

kid4rilla
04-20-2007, 10:30 AM

Please, in my time reading here this is the kind of thing that is expected to be pounced on and torn apart. I would like to hear Traynor respond, wouldn't you?

alysheba88
04-20-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm still waiting for Traynor to post the link to the University of Arizona study that shows that only 5 % of patrons win.
hobbyist and trivial.

5% is too high

horseplayer7776
04-20-2007, 10:40 AM
I thought that line was from the great W.C. Fields?

bigmack
04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Please, in my time reading here this is the kind of thing that is expected to be pounced on and torn apart. I would like to hear Traynor respond, wouldn't you?
I guess. Just that fringe elements are easy to pick on and I'd hate to see another VA Tech. Funny thing is, it was my impression the guy had a legion of fans here.

GameTheory
04-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I guess. Just that fringe elements are easy to pick on and I'd hate to see another VA Tech. Funny thing is, it was my impression the guy had a legion of fans here.Legion of fans for Traynor? He probably thinks so, but he's one of our top 5 jackasses as you can tell by the tone of that message...

garyoz
04-20-2007, 12:12 PM
never heard of them put them in google and came up with their site. first thing you see is some floozie holding fist full of greenbacks. gives impression of them being hucksters. turn off.

Personally I like the pierced navel and I don't think she looks like a floozie. She is just trying to make a living. C'mon "professional ratings" for $50 a month. This game is easy.

andicap
04-20-2007, 12:56 PM
I thought that line was from the great W.C. Fields?

Right you are!.

PT Barnum supposedly said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

WC Fields also said, "You can't cheat an honest man."

bigmack
04-20-2007, 03:03 PM
"There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase often credited to P.T. Barnum, an American showman.

However, when Barnum's biographer tried to track down when Barnum had uttered this phrase, all of Barnum's friends and acquaintances told him it was out of character. Barnum's credo was more along the lines of "there's a customer born every minute" – he wanted to find ways to draw new customers in all the time because competition was fierce and people bored easily.

The entire quote is "There's a sucker born every minute...and two to take 'em." The source of the quote is most likely famous con-man Joseph ("Paper Collar" Joe) Bessimer. Barnum's fellow circus owner and arch-rival Adam Forepaugh attributed the quote to Barnum in a newspaper interview in an attempt to discredit him. However, Barnum never denied making the quote. It is said that he thanked Forepaugh for the free publicity he had given him.

Another story credits David Hannum with saying "there's a sucker born every minute", referring to people who were taken in by the Cardiff Giant Hoax. In turn, it was erroneously attributed to Barnum.

I actually prefer the work of the lovely "Texas" Guinan

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f0/TexasGunian.jpg/250px-TexasGunian.jpg

SMOO
04-20-2007, 03:22 PM
first thing you see is some floozie holding fist full of greenbacks.
that could be my ex-wife.

karlskorner
04-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Hope I break even, I need the money.

Credit this to Joe E. Lewis, old time comedian. Quoted on a bronze plaque at the old Gulf Stream Club House entrance, behind Valet Parking booth.

traynor
04-22-2007, 03:13 AM

I wanted to get the Beulah Twins, but they are already overexposed.:lol:

traynor
04-22-2007, 03:15 AM
I guess. Just that fringe elements are easy to pick on and I'd hate to see another VA Tech. Funny thing is, it was my impression the guy had a legion of fans here.

Definitely not fans. To have fans on PaceAdvantage, one must pander to the illusion of "we are all winners here." :lol:

traynor
04-22-2007, 03:17 AM

Not true. I am no longer associated with ddssratings.com in any way.

traynor
04-22-2007, 03:21 AM
hobbyist and trivial.

You might find it in Google Scholar. I have the paper (along with about 10,000 others) and I would be happy to post the link. Soon as I have time to find it.

traynor
04-22-2007, 03:23 AM
John,
Demographic studies by both NYRA and Maryland tracks indicate their client base is comprised of a very small number of very large bettors, along with a very large number of very small bettors. That makes "averages" essentially meaningless. It is a good case of "statistics" on attendance and handle being unrepresentative of reality. That reality is that Eastern bettors tend to be primarily hobbyists and trivial bettors--both of which come up short and neither of which can afford our ratings. Per your request, you will be removed from our email list.
Best Regards,
ddss ratings

You might do a bit of research on track demographics yourself, and comment on that. Should be interesting.

traynor
04-22-2007, 03:40 AM
He gives out 4 dogs per race at 20 different dog tracks , which by the way have only 8 dogs per race. Posts his inevitable big scores for whichever dog track won that day. Sound familiar. You give anyone 4 picks per race and your going to have some longshots eventually. I get the wchr report for 300 a year and that guy has given me plenty of winners daily with 2 picks per race. Plus he gives a minimum acceptable odds for each pick. Im coming to believe the only money in this game is overlays. I get some picks for free that are the highest rated horses in each race and eventually they go off at 3 to 1 or higher. One paid 12 dollars today. That makes me 1.50 roi daily. Just a few bets but high returns.

This one is so far removed from reality that it doesn't deserve a response. Nice plug for wchr reports, though.

traynor
04-22-2007, 04:13 AM

Hello, ukbill. I know you got your nose out of joint because ddss wouldn't give you free ratings, so you could "pay the subscription price from winnings," but that is no reason to dump on me. Perhaps your rhetorical strategy, like the betting of East Coast racing fans, came up a bit short. Glad to hear that you are doing well with the ratings you are using.

Greyhound racing isn't that hard to beat, if you know what you are doing.

andicap
04-22-2007, 04:21 AM
[QUOTE=bigmack]"There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase often credited to P.T. Barnum, an American showman.

However, when Barnum's biographer tried to track down when Barnum had uttered this phrase, all of Barnum's friends and acquaintances told him it was out of character. Barnum's credo was more along the lines of "there's a customer born every minute" – he wanted to find ways to draw new customers in all the time because competition was fierce and people bored easily.

The entire quote is "There's a sucker born every minute...and two to take 'em." The source of the quote is most likely famous con-man Joseph ("Paper Collar" Joe) Bessimer. Barnum's fellow circus owner and arch-rival Adam Forepaugh attributed the quote to Barnum in a newspaper interview in an attempt to discredit him. However, Barnum never denied making the quote. It is said that he thanked Forepaugh for the free publicity he had given him.

[QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction -- Goes back to the old John Ford quote,
"When fact meets legend, print the legend."