PDA

View Full Version : The Great Global Warming Swindle

GameTheory
04-18-2007, 11:38 PM
You can now watch this film on Google Video. I have not, yet.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=warming+swindle

boxcar
04-19-2007, 12:46 AM
You can now watch this film on Google Video. I have not, yet.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=warming+swindle

Of this, however, we can be certain: Gorebull warming is man-made, and we all need to find ways to reduce Al's Co2 emissions.

By the way -- did everyone catch the latest newflash on this subject? Some actually have the brass to claim that "wind sheer", which can often deter hurricanes, is caused by nothing other than global warming. So, we have a classic example of the whack jobs talking out both sides of their mouth. If the East Coast of America gets smacked this year with a bunch of hurricanes, the whackos will blame "global warming". On the other hand, if this year turns out to be more or less a copy of last year's hurricane season, they'll just as glibly attribute this to global warming, also.

Talk about having your cake while eating it...

Boxcar

skate
04-19-2007, 03:37 PM
mother nature doesn't know any better, so Algore wants to help.

with a donation...........from you.

linrom1
04-19-2007, 05:34 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656640542976216573&q=warming+swindle

Debunking of debunking scam so called Global warming scam.

chickenhead
04-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Debunking of debunking scam so called Global warming scam.

I tried to figure out what this works out to be, but that is goddamn inpenetrable.

wonatthewire1
04-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Boxcar...

It's a win/win

;)

And if there's money to be made, we better get in on those carbon whatever credit thing ASAP before Citibank or Wells Fargo beats us to it

DJofSD
04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
And if there's money to be made, we better get in on those carbon whatever credit thing ASAP before Citibank or Wells Fargo beats us to it

Too late. BAC and WFC has already started to "go green" -- as in greenback. Check FLSR to see one of the largest institutional shareholders already.

Dave Schwartz
04-19-2007, 09:53 PM
I am a bit confused by this thread. Is the prevailing belief here that "we" are not the cause of global warming or that there is no such thing as "global warming?"

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

chickenhead
04-19-2007, 09:59 PM
I am a bit confused by this thread. Is the prevailing belief here that "we" are not the cause of global warming or that there is no such thing as "global warming?"
Regards,
Dave Schwartz

cleaning the Aegean stables is an easier feat than getting anyone here to agree on anything regarding Global Warming.

Snag
04-19-2007, 10:51 PM
mother nature doesn't know any better, so Algore wants to help.

with a donation...........from you.

It's all about the money. Always has been, always will be.

Tom
04-19-2007, 10:54 PM
There is global warming - has been since day one. WE do not cause it.
There is also Martian warming, Mercury warming, solar warming.
WE do not cause them either. Our rover on Mars is not causing it, and neither is Geroge Bush.;)

boxcar
04-20-2007, 12:38 AM
It's all about the money. Always has been, always will be.

And also all about a political and social agenda, I might add.

And by the way, to all you Mother Earth worshipers and Tree Huggers out there who are living in mortal fear of this planet's Co2 emissions (especially those emitted from this little corner of the world), I have the perfect solution on how to free yourselves once and for all from the bondage of this fear while also providing great service to the rest of humanity and to this exceedingly fragile planet. The answer is quite simple: Stop breathing. Your selfless sacrifice that was motivated by your unconditional love for Ol' Mother Earth will be appreciated -- more than you'll ever know.

Boxcar

GameTheory
04-20-2007, 12:44 PM
One issue that is always glossed over is that scientist/climatoligists don't really understand how the whole weather system on Earth works, nor do they claim to. But in the current (political) climate, anyone attempting to study if there might be a compensating mechanism in the ecosystem is shouted down & denied grant money.

Some scientists feel that the system would actually react against warming to keep the temperature relatively stable via increased rainfall, storm activity, etc. If true, EVEN IF increased warming was caused (primarily) by man, the doomsday scenarios would still not come about. All of the global warming zealots act as if the climate is a runaway train with no brakes, and yet no one is allowed to actually study the train and see if it has brakes or not. But the climate is a system -- common sense should tell you that it doesn't just continue on in one direction forever -- for every action there is a reaction, right? These things are not well understood at all, but those attempting to study them find themselves blocked at every turn because their research doesn't assume runaway global warming from the start.

Tom
04-20-2007, 12:55 PM
One thing is for SURE...if we are causing it, there is noting we can do about it. Nothing. Only "feel good" actions that will hurt us in other ways.

Case in point - corn sold for about $2 a bushel in 200, now over $4.
All the corn in the world will not replace oil. What it will do is keep the price of corn rising unitl it is more per energy unit than crude oil. Meanwhile, a major food source is being aritificially driven upwards and FOOD is being taken out of the system.

Much of the world depends on corn....no one eats oil.

If this GW is so important, explain to me how my carbon foot print and Geroge Bush's carbon footprint added together do not make up a fraction of Al Gore's carbon footprint???? If this is so improtant and immenient
(remember that word?) Effectively, Bush and I are doing more to reduce GW than Gore - he is talking the talk, we are walking the walk.
When the people who would change our lives start living the part, maybe they will have some credibilty. Until then........zippo!

BTW. Want a good laugh? Look up the new light bulbs the wackos want to make mandatory and see just how much immediate dameg they will do to the economy, the enviroment, trade, all the while contirbuting to increasing GW. It is pure liberal nonsense all wrapped up in a pretty little box with a bow. Dip sticks on parade.

boxcar
04-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah...light bulbs with mercury in them! This is one of "the" answers for the protection of the environment, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

delayjf
04-20-2007, 01:51 PM
And also all about a political and social agenda

Exactly, its about the rest of the World wanting to take down the Big Dog, the US. Its about giving the UN control over the US's economy.

Tom
04-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah...light bulbs with mercury in them! This is one of "the" answers for the protection of the environment, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Estimate 50,000 pounds of mercury/year dumped into the environment.
Break a bulb in your house, do you hav eto call a hazmat team????
The cost of these bulbs will hurt poor people particularly hard - in effect a huge tax increase.

We cannot manufacture these bulbs fast enough to meet deamnd, so China will build new, Kyoto exempt plants to kick them out under the cloud of carbon spewing out of thier smokestacks.

Yeah, Gore.......really good plan, well thought out.......dip stick.