PDA

View Full Version : Prado vs. Johnny V.

fouroneone
04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Gotta go with prado every time imo..........just a much better all around jock than johnny. whats his pct at Keenland? like .409????

Who do you think is the best east coast jock out there right now?

kid4rilla
04-18-2007, 11:08 AM
And he's getting prices at KEE. Prado is #1 on my list.

misscashalot
04-18-2007, 11:15 AM
JV was seriously hurt last year. Until that time he was the best and was Pletchers go-to guy. Lost the edge when he returned which is natural. New season starts with the return to Belmont and then Saratoga. I expect him to return to form which, if he does, will make him #1 again. Im watching to see if Pletcher retains him as #1 or goes to Gomez as he did when JV was out. Until then the jury is out. My heart says...go JV go.

Robert Fischer
04-18-2007, 11:45 AM
If you give Prado a horse that SHOULD win, I like Prado the most. If you give Johnny V. a horse that needs to get through a pace window, he is better than most.

Not to say either has a deficiency in the others strength or that they are perfect at their strengths.

the Bid
04-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Prado and Go Go both get the nod over JV in my book.

boomman
04-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Prado and Go Go both get the nod over JV in my book.

Agreed! Both better than Johnny V right now, and not sure that Julien Leparoux isn't in that class, too...Very good rider-Boomer

speedking
04-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Agreed! Both better than Johnny V right now, and not sure that Julien Leparoux isn't in that class, too...Very good rider-Boomer

I'm in total agreement except for the thought that Leparoux could use a bit more seasoning and experience at tracks outside KY. He reads the track and bias well and has a very good sense of timing. Relaxes a horse well also.

speedking