PDA

View Full Version : Futility of gun control

Show Me the Wire
04-17-2007, 05:02 PM
...when someone wants to commit murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266591,00.html

Secretariat
04-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Not all gun control is the same. We have restrictions on free speech. Certainly non-citizens are not protected by the second amendment in the same way the court ruled that those enemy combatants ar not entitled to the same free speech and trial rights of an American citizen. Why can't there be gun control to prohibit gun sales to non-citizens?

You can match your story up agaisnt what happened at VA Tech where a "resident alien" purchased a gun where "good gun control" would have caught that.

bigmack
04-17-2007, 06:33 PM
The only information required on a gun application should be the phone numbers of three neighbors. Any applicant that is described as a introverted loner that kept to themselves - No gun. Everyone else can arm to the teeth.

Tom
04-17-2007, 06:40 PM
I thought non citizens could not buy guns.
They should not be allowed under any circumstances.
Then again, with his history, why was he still in this country?
Oh yeah, we let anyone in these days.

He as against debachery and rich people. I thought at first is was a terroist, turns out he was a liberal. :eek:

I'm thinking it might be time to reconsider gun control....there must a common ground where we respect the constitution yet behave responsibly.

Show Me the Wire
04-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Not all gun control is the same. We have restrictions on free speech. Certainly non-citizens are not protected by the second amendment in the same way the court ruled that those enemy combatants ar not entitled to the same free speech and trial rights of an American citizen. Why can't there be gun control to prohibit gun sales to non-citizens?

You can match your story up agaisnt what happened at VA Tech where a "resident alien" purchased a gun where "good gun control" would have caught that.

I agree non-citizens should not be granted citizen rights, but the military might have a problem with the gun issue. Lots of non-citizens toting guns there and God bless them.

delayjf
04-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Sec,

I totally agree, :ThmbUp:

betovernetcapper
04-17-2007, 10:17 PM
The only information required on a gun application should be the phone numbers of three neighbors.
I don't know the names of three of my neighbors let alone their phone numbers. Do you think that a description of three of my neighbors would suffice, because that I can do-aids guy-old bitch and fat girl. If I actually have to have a lot of contact with them, I think I'll take up archery.

lsbets
04-17-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't know the names of three of my neighbors let alone their phone numbers. Do you think that a description of three of my neighbors would suffice, because that I can do-aids guy-old bitch and fat girl. If I actually have to have a lot of contact with them, I think I'll take up archery.

My neighbors sound a lot better now.
:lol: :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
04-17-2007, 10:24 PM
I agree non-citizens should not be granted citizen rights, but the military might have a problem with the gun issue. Lots of non-citizens toting guns there and God bless them.
In the military, for every non-citizen carrying there are lots of citizens outnumbering them- just in case.
At VA Tech, only criminals and idiots in uniform are carrying.
At thew time the killer bought the guns, he had set a dorm fire, been on anti-depressents, and lived in a residence where it was illegal to have guns. Some instant check!!

chickenhead
04-17-2007, 10:31 PM
aids guy-old bitch and fat girl.
:lol:

Well done..

Secretariat
04-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Sec,

I totally agree, :ThmbUp:

There's got to be a way to not inconvenience legitimate purchasers, and still protect the security of people.

The article below shortly after 911 illustrates Al Queda strategy in this regard.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-krikorian072302.asp

“Eleven of the 48 terrorists since 1993 were permanent residents. Consider the case of Mahmud Abouhalima, one of the leaders of the first World Trade Center bombing, who became a legal resident after falsely claiming to be an agricultural worker, allowing him to qualify for a green card as part of the big illegal-alien amnesty passed by Congress in 1986. It was only after he became a permanent resident that he was able to come and go freely and make several trips to Afghanistan, where he received the terrorist training he ultimately used in the 1993 attack. Had he been prevented from receiving a green card he would not have been able to leave the United States and then return as a trained terrorist. His receipt of a green card thus greatly facilitated his terrorism and was an important factor in al Qaeda's being able to stage the attack.

The final step, the brass ring for terrorists, is citizenship. As a naturalized U.S. citizen, an immigrant becomes an American, one of us, able to work at any job, precluded from deportation, and enjoying the full protection of the Constitution. Six al Qaeda terrorists were naturalized U.S. citizens, including some of the worst. The recruitment of naturalized citizens is a conscious al Qaeda strategy. The San Francisco Chronicle quoted an Arabic-language newspaper account of a confession by naturalized citizen Khalid Abu al Dahab, described as "a oneman communications hub" for al Qaeda, shuttling money and fake passports to terrorists around the world from his California apartment. According to the Chronicle, "Dahab said bin Laden was eager to recruit American citizens of Middle Eastern descent." When Dahab and fellow terrorist and naturalized citizen Ali Mohammed (a U.S. army veteran and author of al Qaeda's terrorist handbook) traveled to Afghanistan in the mid-1990s to report on their efforts to recruit American citizens, "bin Laden praised their efforts and emphasized the necessity of recruiting as many Muslims with American citizenship as possible into the organization."

Every time a foreign citizen tries to take another step up the staircase toward citizenship, the immigration officer assessing the application needs to approach his task with America's security foremost in his mind. …“

Now, I'm not advocating prison camps, but it seems that we have terrorist watch lists for planes, we require travelers to carry a Passport and in some cases have Visas to this country so we can track their whereabouts. I would think tracking whether a non-citizen attempts to buy a Glock is useful information.

bigmack
04-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Hot dog, man. That was some kinda' funny :lol::lol: