PDA

View Full Version : Stewart, Colbert Viewers Better Informed Than Fox News Viewers

ljb
04-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Pew Survey Finds Most Knowledgeable Americans Watch 'Daily Show' and 'Colbert'-- and Visit Newspaper Sites
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003571876

Show Me the Wire
04-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Interesting that comedy Central crowd is more knowledgeable than the PBS crowd.

skate
04-16-2007, 02:06 PM
well , that just about makes IT final.

thank god

kenwoodallpromos
04-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Comedy Central and newspaper readers- "with 54% of them getting 2 out of 3 questions correct." I say nothing to brag about.

ljb
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Here is a quote from the link. Just to keep the record clear here.

Virtually bringing up the rear were regular watchers of Fox News. Only 1 in 3 could answer 2 out of 3 questions correctly. Fox topped only network morning show viewers.

lsbets
04-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Comedy Central and newspaper readers- "with 54% of them getting 2 out of 3 questions correct." I say nothing to brag about.

So why do we get stuck with the 46% posting here? :lol: :lol:

skate
04-16-2007, 05:01 PM
also, in order to keep things clear.

they have 1500 (?) people involved, and it seems similar to the John Hopkins poll concerning the Irag deaths @ over 600,000.

hey, a poll like this, tells the skate zillch.

hcap
04-16-2007, 05:06 PM
ljb
Virtually bringing up the rear were regular watchers of Fox News. Only 1 in 3 could answer 2 out of 3 questions correctly. Fox topped only network morning show viewers.Lsbets Comedy Central and newspaper readers- "54% of them getting 2 out of 3 questions correct."
So why do we get stuck with the 46% posting here?Then again what about the fox 33%'ers who have posted here oblivious to the fact that the 54% have been right ALL along. :jump:

Da skater sez..."hey, a poll like this, tells the skate zillch."

If you start with zilch, nothing will add to your grand total

Show Me the Wire
04-16-2007, 05:08 PM
What record are you keeping clear? Fox news viewers topped the morning network viewers (mainstream media) and the cartoon network, faux news topped PBS (serious news viewers) in knowledge. :lol:

skate
04-16-2007, 05:14 PM
ljb

If you start with zilch, nothing will add to your grand total

oh my, yes, it is The Skate who has A 'GRAND' TOTAL, tank you very much!

its when you include your "nothing" we have problems.

hcap
04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
faux news topped PBS (serious news viewers) in knowlwdge.Not really

"and found that those who scored the highest were regular watchers of Comedy Central's The Daily Show and Colbert Report. They tied with regular readers of major newspapers in the top spot -- with 54% of them getting 2 out of 3 questions correct. Watchers of the Lehrer News Hour on PBS followed just behind."

Foxers topping the cartoon viewers????? Huh
No proof exists yet
Viewers who watch these guys are probably better informed......

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l234/lzrburn/Smurfs.jpg

Hey skate, I suggest you record the saturday morning cartoons so you can argue intelligently during the rest of the week :p

Show Me the Wire
04-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Faux as in fake news as the Cartoon Network show, the Colbert Report, is a lampoon of a popular Fox News Channel program.

46zilzal
04-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Multiple studies have show perceptual problems with Fox news enthusiasts.
University of Maryland's Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA).

Based on several nationwide surveys it conducted with California-based Knowledge Networks since June, as well as the results of other polls, PIPA found that 48 percent of the public believe US troops found evidence of close pre-war links between Iraq and the al-Qaeda terrorist group; 22 percent thought troops found weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in Iraq; and 25 percent believed that world public opinion favored Washington's going to war with Iraq. All three are misperceptions.

For each of the three misperceptions, the study found enormous differences between the viewers of Fox, who held the most misperceptions, and NPR/PBS, who held the fewest by far. Eighty percent of Fox viewers were found to hold at least one misperception, compared to 23 percent of NPR/PBS consumers. All the other media fell in between

hcap
04-16-2007, 05:38 PM
SMTW,

Excuse me. I have a hard time telling the diff. But yes I stand corrected.
Faux news is Colbert etc., and fox is real.

Just like wrestling :lol: :lol:

Show Me the Wire
04-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Let us put this in perspective Fox News only topped the three major networks viewers of the networks morning news programs. Only topped the three major mainstream broadcasters? The same major media that pushes the liberal agenda. What this survey suggests that the major networks pander to the least knowledgeable, the liberal thinker.

skate
04-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Not really

, I suggest you record the saturday morning cartoons so you can argue intelligently during the rest of the week :p

so this tells me "i should use the saturday cartoons so i can argue (with your) intelligence ". gee wiz...

hey, look, i feel for ya....

GameTheory
04-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Based on several nationwide surveys it conducted with California-based Knowledge Networks since June, as well as the results of other polls, PIPA found that 48 percent of the public believe US troops found evidence of close pre-war links between Iraq and the al-Qaeda terrorist group; 22 percent thought troops found weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in Iraq; and 25 percent believed that world public opinion favored Washington's going to war with Iraq. All three are misperceptions.
You've got three misperceptions, but they are all slanted politically towards beliefs those right of center would hold. If you took three other misperceptions (ones liberals usually hold instead) you would find that CNN watchers held them more than FoxNews watchers. In fact, since you are stacking the deck, if you only asked people that don't watch any news at all, but still separated the people along political lines you'd get the same result.

People are biased, and that bias falls along political lines on political issues. Wow, big discovery.

Find the group of people that doesn't hold RIGHT or LEFT misperceptions (while still having knowledge) and you've found something interesting...

hcap
04-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Ok,ok, I get it skate. No Smurfs for you. Saturday morning cartoons are too advanced for you. No problem. See Dick And Jane

http://www.juliascollectibles.com/ss169.jpg

Tom
04-16-2007, 11:18 PM
This is hilarious....even after winning an election, these guys continue to whine and attack news agencies! What a pathetic bunch of losers.
Hey dudes, how about attacking the dems for so far doing NOTHING!

What a letdown it must be for the libs - after 100 days, it is so obvious their big guns are out of ammo! :lol:

JustRalph
04-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Pew Survey Finds Most Knowledgeable Americans Watch 'Daily Show' and 'Colbert'-- and Visit Newspaper Sites
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003571876

yeah, too bad they are high when they are watching it...........the way I figure it, that is the only way the damn shows can be considered funny...............

GameTheory
04-16-2007, 11:30 PM
By the way, I watch the Daily Show & the Colbert Report, but don't watch Fox News (or any of the other news channels). And I'm not even high.

I think it is generational thing more than anything, in terms of the type of comedy one enjoys. The fact that I don't share the political views of the shows does not matter much, just as I enjoy music of the hippie generation while at the same time thinking the hippie ideas were silly...

skate
04-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Ok,ok, I get it skate. No Smurfs for you. Saturday morning cartoons are too advanced for you. No problem. See Dick And Jane

yes, you got me , the cartoons are too much for the skate.
gees, you have the schedules and everything, your so lucky.

keep it up, you are doing so well. im just not sure i can stay with you on your topic.

chickenhead
04-17-2007, 03:06 PM
The Colbert show is remarkable. I don't know about the viewers, but the show itself is very very smart.

Colbert = Viewers are high
Fox = Anchors are high

:lol:

Tom
04-17-2007, 03:19 PM
I watch South Park. I don't need news, real or fake.:lol: