PDA

View Full Version : Steven A Smith

philsfan07
04-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Is there a bigger ass clown on the face of the earth? This guy is the biggest phony I have ever seen. I am STUNNED that ESPN continues to pay this guy. EVERY black/white issue, you can pretty much cookie cut his comments.

He's the consomate angry black man and you'd think since he got canned from a radio job in Philly and ESPN canned his talk show, that it's not working..

Between this idiot, MIchael Irvin and seeing Mel Kiper every 11 seconds, I cannot even stomach sportscenter anymore.

JustRalph
04-13-2007, 12:41 PM
second your motion...........sportscenter cannot be stomached live anymore. Thank god for DVR's..........

njcurveball
04-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Only good thing to watch him in is reruns of Stump the Schwaab!

I also think he would make a good host of Weakest Link! :lol:

The Judge
04-13-2007, 02:06 PM
You seem to know alot about a guy that you can't stand. Why don't you take some of the advice that was given out in the Imus thread and just change the channel everytime this guy comes on?

I don't even know who he is, I may have seen him but I certainly don't know his name or what he looks like.

I can't stand alot of people on T.V it's entertainment nothing more. Serious people are "running" the station putting on mush so that they can make money.

You should have changed the station after one or two shows; why continue to watch him?

philsfan07
04-13-2007, 02:16 PM
You seem to know alot about a guy that you can't stand. Why don't you take some of the advice that was given out in the Imus thread and just change the channel everytime this guy comes on?

I don't even know who he is, I may have seen him but I certainly don't know his name or what he looks like.

I can't stand alot of people on T.V it's entertainment nothing more. Serious people are "running" the station putting on mush so that they can make money.

You should have changed the station after one or two shows; why continue to watch him?

2 thoughts:

1) If you don't know him or know his face, why are you responding to this?

2) I know about him because I live int he Philadelphia area and he spent a lot of time here on the radio..

JustRalph
04-13-2007, 03:42 PM
He is the Spike Lee of ESPN :lol:

OTM Al
04-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Well, Imus was a bigger "ass clown", but I guess he hasn't got a job any more so he doesn't count. I actually kinda like the guy. Don't always agree with him, but I don't think he's remotely as closed minded as you seem to think.

GaryG
04-13-2007, 04:10 PM
He is the Spike Lee of ESPN :lol:Given the political atmosphere at ESPN this is about all you can expect. Sure has changed from the old days with Chris Berman, Bob Lee and a couple of others. Boo yeah!

The Judge
04-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Why watch someone you can' stand is?

rastajenk
04-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Only good thing to watch him in is reruns of Stump the Schwaab!

Steven Smith....Stuart Scott.....ehh, what's the difference, they all look alike anyway.

JustRalph
04-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Steven Smith....Stuart Scott.....ehh, what's the difference, they all look alike anyway.

stuart scott is pretty good I think. when those eyes became uncontrollable...........must be a medical condition.........he kind of freaked me out a little.........but he has to be the most fun of the anchors on sportscenter.

http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2005/12/28/image1167391x.jpg

philsfan07
04-14-2007, 09:58 AM

I don't equate those 2.. I think Stuart Scott has his 'spiel' with the booya's and the 'cool as the other side of the pillow', but he's harmless. Generally he does a decent job. Annoying at times, but a decent broadcaster.

Smith is just a massive ass. He tries SO HARD to be controversial and it's comical at times. Might be why he keeps getting his shows shut down for low ratings.

GaryG
04-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Scott used to have good chemistry with Rich Eisen....I think Eisen is on that NFL channel now.

rastajenk
04-15-2007, 01:09 AM
I don't equate those two either, they're two different people. And Steven Smith is not on Stump the Schwab, hence the smart-alecky posting. :cool:

Bathless
04-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Scott's eye problem is the result of getting hit in the eye with the end of a football. This didn't happen all that long ago. Apparently, he got it into his head that he was an NFL-caliber receiver and went to a tryout/workout of some kind. Someone with a pretty good arm threw him a short, hard one and the ball went right through Scott's hands and BOING.

JWBurnie
04-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Q. Back in the spring, you sustained a severe eye injury while filming a story about football minicamps with the Jets. Tell us what happened.

I had gotten in shape and (Jets coach) Herman Edwards gave me permission to go to minicamp with them. I was doing a feature for ESPN on what it's like to be in minicamp. But I was serious about it.

The day I was there, there were eight wideouts and the wide receiver coach said I was rated number six. I didn't have any delusions of grandeur. I was hoping I'd be good enough to be a scrub wide receiver or a practice wide receiver in the NFL. I found that out that day. I didn't disappoint myself and I didn't embarrass myself.

At end of practice all the wideouts went to the Jugs Machine, it's a machine that shoots balls out. I had never done that before. I had been catching everything that day in practice from the quarterbacks. I was probably a little close and the thing was fast and the thing was faster than I thought it was.

Q. The ball, coming out of the machine, hit you square in the left eye. How bad was it?

It was serious. I had emergency surgery that night and was out of work for a couple months. It was tough. I had some eye surgery before so I knew how severe it was. It was probably more scary that day, not knowing. The next day came and I knew it would be a long recovery back. I still need some more surgery. The eye is not great now. But I had some time off.

Hosshead
04-16-2007, 08:34 AM
I had wondered what happened to his eye. It's the first thing you notice when looking at him. I thought he had a glass eye put in.
Now I know the "rest of" the story.

Bathless
04-16-2007, 09:18 AM
JW, looks like I got most of the story right, but I did not know that a machine fired the ball...