and now Tiago, who the DRF reports is the Portugese name of
Giacomo.

Too bad (at least for me) this fact was stated 72 hours after
Saturday's race at SAX:bang: :(

Ron
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Too bad (at least for me) this fact was stated 72 hours after
Saturday's race at SAX:bang: :(

I don't think its clear what fact you are referring to.

bigmack
04-12-2007, 12:44 PM
As the founder of A&M Records, Giacamo, for James, was named after Sting's kid and Tiago after the Brazilian, Sergio Mendes' kid. In homage to another good seller for A&M the next foal shall be called The Little Pole after the son of the great polka artist Frankie Yankovic.

GaryG
04-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Moss has been in racing for many years. He had a fine sprinter named Fighting Fit that was one of the favorites in the first BC Sprint in 1984. That one with Frankel I think.

SMOO
04-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss

Induction Year: 2006

Induction Category: Lifetime Achievement

Inductees: Herb Alpert (born March 31, 1935), Jerry Moss (born May 8, 1935)

Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss founded A&M Records, one of the most successful independent labels of the rock and roll era. Over the decades a number of independents changed music history - including Sun, Asylum, Chrysalis, Island, Stiff, I.R.S., Arista, Geffen and A&M. The last of these had one of the longest runs of all, functioning as an independent label from 1962 to 1989 and lasting ten more years, after Alpert and Moss sold it, under the corporate aegis of PolyGram and Universal.

The company began in Alpert’s garage as Carnival Records, releasing two singles in 1962. After learning that another record company had “Carnival” in its name, the pair rechristened their label A&M, using the first initials of their surnames.

“We had a desk, piano, piano stool, a couch, coffee table and two phone lines,” Moss recalled of the early days in Alpert’s garage office. The familiar label logo was light brown with a trumpet beneath the letters “A&M.” The first release was “The Lonely Bull,” by trumpet player Alpert himself.

October 1989: Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss sell A&M Records to PolyGram for roughly half a billion dollars.