PDA

View Full Version : PACE CALCULATOR 3.0

shoelessjoe
04-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Does anyone have this program?If so PM me and let me know.Jeff

46zilzal
04-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Does anyone have this program?If so PM me and let me know.Jeff
No wonder you are constantly confused. FIND ONE PROGRAM AND LEARN IT!

shoelessjoe
04-11-2007, 10:14 PM
I know you will have extra time on your hands so now you can post here more with your words of wisdom.Arent they lucky :lol:

jeebus1083
04-12-2007, 11:08 AM
I've tinkered with many programs over the years, and all it does is lead to confusion.

The best thing to do is straight handicapping. Trip notes, PPs, race watching, chart collection, use of reliable pace and speed figures, and horse watch. Your opinion matters more than that of a computer.

JimG
04-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Trip notes, PPs, race watching, chart collection, use of reliable pace and speed figures, and horse watch.

A good horse racing computer program or progam(s) can facilitate this process plus include factors not available to the competition relying on just past performances.

Jim

andicap
04-12-2007, 01:21 PM
jeez, all the guy does is ask a simple question and he gets jumped on.

So he tries a lot of programs -- that's HIS issue not yours.

I tried about half a dozen programs before I found one that was right for me, one that I was comfortable with and fit my needs. I didn't WANT to waste the time to learn the others because they didn't feel right for me.
The figures aren't that much different across most of these programs -- hell people are even winning using BRIS figures I would wager -- but they have different utilities and applicability.

And you've got to find somethng that fits your price range/level of play. I stopped using Colts Neck in the late 90s, not because I didn't like it, but I wasn't playing enough to warrant the $100 a month fee. So I went to a BRIS-based program for a while.

shoelessjoe
04-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Andicap,Thanks.As far as 46 is concerned that's his MO,I have had trouble with him on other sites as well.Jeff

Houndog
04-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I have also tried many program in the past. In fact I am doing some work with Thorovision since the downloads are still available. Whether using so many programs helps or hurts is a matter of opinion. I feel many programs written in the past are still valid although they lack some of the usability of the later Windows based programs.

I have enough confidence in my ability to discern the strong and weak points in whatever program I use. I have yet to work with the perfect program for my style although some have come close.