PDA

View Full Version : Track Super "BUSY" again

karlskorner
04-10-2007, 11:19 AM
http://www.kentucky.com/302/story/38451.html

As I have said in the past, the Track Super can either be your friend, or your enemy.

Robert Fischer
04-10-2007, 11:53 AM
In general turf sprints can play faster than dirt sprints. Even without "tampering", it could play faster for 1/8 or 1/4 sprints.

There are some suggestions that the polytrack can be manipulated (rolled?) to produce a faster surface. Turfway Park has had some dramatic shifts in track weight such as Lanes End day.

Also you have a horse that could bring in 10 million dollars they are going push them to that point.

karlskorner
04-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Some snips from Bloodstock Journal 4/10/27

Mineshaft filly blasts one furlong in :9.3/4. Hip No. 86 a filly from the first crop of of 2003 Horse of the Year Mineshaft sizzled in :9 3/4 at Mondays preview for the Keeneland April Two-Year Olds in Training in Lexington, Ky.

According to Keeneland, the filly's time equaled the " WORLD RECORD " for that distance.

Two juveniles tied for the fastest quarter-mile in a blazing :20 1/4, which is believed to be a new " WORLD RECORD " for the distance. (end)

Can a Track Super manipulate the track ? anytime he wants. Will he do it in the future ? Anytime he wants.

46zilzal
04-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Can a Track Super manipulate the track ? anytime he wants. Will he do it in the future ? Anytime he wants.
Not anytime, but they can change things dramatically.

At Churchill I have found that if you want to know how the track will play on the big day, follow it on Oaks day. If speed holds Friday, it is "juiced" for that first Saturday in May.

Recall when Giacomo won, even high quality speed types backed up two days running. I just considered the wrong closer to key on: Afleet Alex.

Quick moves in babies just means they are quick. It doesn't translate to putting up with pace pressure.

boomman
04-10-2007, 01:01 PM
http://www.kentucky.com/302/story/38451.html

As I have said in the past, the Track Super can either be your friend, or your enemy.

The people that run these sales KNOW the workout times that these babies record prior to a sale absolutely do affect their sales price (as evidenced by the only quick work the Green Monkey ever recorded)! LOL

Boomer

karlskorner
04-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Which just makes my point, 2 "world records" in one day. Was the track altered, adjusted, fixed ? Can it be in the future ? Of course it can. Which makes me wonder the uses of "past" PP's, speed figures, pace figures, variants, biases etc. The big question should be how will the track run today. Sometimes it's to my benefit to re-read Joe T's 14 articles on 50 percent of the races are out of your control.

kenwoodallpromos
04-10-2007, 02:22 PM
I think this thread points up the fact that it would be helpful to know a track's "normal" pars (speed) under various conditions.
In the meantime I suggest everyone find a small piece of hard rubber foam rubber containing various degrees of water and put them in the freezer to see what happens

point given
04-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I've been following the WO times for the Keeneland meet and the times have generally been pretty fast. Not as fast as the babies, but still faster than one would expect. The thing I'm wondering about is how the track will play on wednesday after the fast breezes. Did the super only Green monkey around with the last 1/4 mile ?

As far as somone posting about CD pre derby . If I remember the super only graded the inside of the track the morning of the derby, not the day/s before, hence the talked about inside bias last derby day. Watching the early races is key. Its hard to wager on form on days like these early on in the card.