PDA

View Full Version : A Call for Security

rrbauer
11-19-2002, 11:35 AM
http://opinions.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=12774

Here's one of the best articles that I've read that covers not only the need to enhance the tote network security but also the need to enhance the information that is being provided from that network. Unfortunately, this guy does not work for a tote company; nor, for a racetrack; nor, for the NTRA; nor, for any racing commission. Ergo, his ideas will receive little or no consideration by the industry.

so.cal.fan
11-19-2002, 12:01 PM
Interesting, Rick.
Do you think the industry will be forced to take some action on behalf of the players here? Not because it is the right thing to do, of course, but because they will have to?
If they sweep this under the rug, as an "isolated" incident.......will they get away with it, again?
When do "chickens come home to roost"?

rrbauer
11-19-2002, 12:58 PM
socalfan

I'm seeing reports now that the NTRA is driving an initiative to go back and review a large number of P4 and P6 bets that are currently "under the rug". Of course, this is an "about face" to their press release that announced the three (3) security steps that were being implemented, which said they wouldn't be revisiting past bets. So, at this stage, I don't know what to think.

The agenda for this Thursday's CHRB meeting makes reference to some work that has been done in California looking for "irregular" bets in the P6 pools, but provides no details. I'll be at that meeting and will post anything that comes out of it that I think will interest the folks here.

so.cal.fan
11-19-2002, 01:56 PM
Richard,
By all means, let us know what happens.
The CHRB does check into things, but has a history of not fully disclosing many of it's investigations.
I surely hope this changes.
If we all know what we are up against, we can straighten it out.
I am optomistic about that.

Bruddah
11-19-2002, 09:29 PM
Remember Pearl Harbor Day on December 7th. Let the racing industry executives hear the lack of your $$$$$ and not your gums flapping. It's simple, you don't have to do anything and you don't have to show up. Just talk it up. If it happens just once, they will get the message.

PurplePower
11-20-2002, 12:23 AM
But guys --- That's GREAT STATE CHALLENGE day. I will be so busy I won't get to bet, but I would like for my "little" track to have a good day. What about the day after Christmas - Everyone could just stay home with family one more day. Besides -- who likes to play Santa Anita anyway??