Slow start, bobble, drv
9w lane, drvg, clear
Brushed, earned nod
5-6w, stiff drive
Angled 4w lane, drvg
Bmp start, inside, drvg

Buddha
04-08-2007, 05:15 PM
So most of the horses are swinging wide to win. Are you trying to say the rail is dead, or just pointing out that the horses are going/coming wide?

bigmack
04-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Too early to make any declarations. Jocks seem to be making a concerted effort to be wide in the stretch

Tom
04-08-2007, 06:06 PM
If you look at chart comments from last fall, it will deja vus all over again.

bigmack
04-08-2007, 06:42 PM
If you look at chart comments from last fall, it will deja vus all over again.
Everytime you talk like that I get a bad case of database envy.

Perlnalysis
04-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Saturday seemed like it was playing to the closers. I was in a p4 and looked to be dead in the 8th race with that Lake horse clear and gone. But somehow the 9 horse caught him in the final few strides. That happened fairly often. Of course, I was out when CHRISTMAS RUN held off 2nd-itus OCTAVE, so it was all for naught.

Milleruszk
04-08-2007, 07:51 PM
In the first 2 days very few, if any, winners had the lead at the first call. As Tom pointed out, this is the way the Fall meet went. You don't want to be on the lead.

Storm Cadet
04-08-2007, 08:46 PM
so how the heck do we handicap? Look for P and S horses? This polytrack handicapping is one tough baby!

Looking at the 1st 2 days (I use CJ's figs) only 1 horse was the top speed horse. A few were top grass speed horses, a few poly tops horses. No ryme or reason yet? :confused:

Robert Fischer
04-08-2007, 10:28 PM
its a totally different surface from turfway. This is the real polytrack stuff that slows everyone down to a bunch-up into the turn , you HAVE to swing wide if you have horse. Forwardly placed horses will not necessarily love it here.
You want a horse with the right pedigree(at least some turf or AWT) , and a top class jockey or leparoux if it is just the home colony.

Tom
04-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Bigmackm - someone posted last fall's comments on HTR this weekend.

Storm Cadet - try this - use CJ LP rating, or use just the unadjusted Beyer instread if the PF and see if you get more winners - filter out the Early influence.

Storm Cadet
04-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Tom, I started to look in retrospect today at the very thing. can't use the PF figs at Keeneland except turf races. Almost like every race is a turf race now there! :bang:

bigmack
04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Bigmackm - someone posted last fall's comments on HTR this weekend.
Holy underwear! I hadn't been over there in a while and see that DG posted up a similiar take. Thanks T

john del riccio
04-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Tom, I started to look in retrospect today at the very thing. can't use the PF figs at Keeneland except turf races. Almost like every race is a turf race now there! :bang:

My observations from this weekends KEE races were that the surface is truly playing as a hybrid surface between dirt and turf with a bias towards turf simply because horses aren't slowing down at the races end, they appear to be either maintaining their speed or accelerating which is how turf races are typically run.
The 7f sprints in particluar were very unusual in that they latter part of those races were run very swiftly.

John

Tom
04-09-2007, 09:47 AM

You might want to make a Turf CJ instead of the normal PF - I have the formula somewhere if you don't. Turf number might work well there.

point given
04-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I sort of remember that there was a reconfiguration of the track , as well as the Poly surface change. IF I recall the stretch was lengthened and possibly banking change on the turns. Can anyone confirm these vague recollections ?

For some strange reason I had a very nice first two days and in checking my fall meet stats, I did well then too. Finally, a track I can win at regularly. I think I've died and gone to heaven. Too bad its just a 3 week meet, why can't they extend it to open earlier, as gulfstream gets bad between the FOY and FL Derby. Can't wait til wednesday.

Good4Now
04-09-2007, 08:35 PM
from an unknown low spot in the track to wherever the equally unknown hi spot was. Yes they did do significant leveling of the track. I would suppose to promote consistent drainage. Also said they re shaped the club house turn so it was a consistent radius, rather than slightly egg shaped. Gee...wasn't the GOLDEN RAIL that existed there for years the BAIN of all horseplayers???
or was it the Highway to heaven???

DrugSalvastore
04-10-2007, 01:43 AM
I've long been annoyed by the Kentucky chart caller....You'll see a horse who's in the 2 or 3 path on the turn and get a comment saying six wide all the time.

rrbauer
04-10-2007, 12:30 PM
so how the heck do we handicap? Look for P and S horses? This polytrack handicapping is one tough baby!

Looking at the 1st 2 days (I use CJ's figs) only 1 horse was the top speed horse. A few were top grass speed horses, a few poly tops horses. No ryme or reason yet? :confused:

Now KEE "dirt" and turf races both feature the same running styles for race winners. Can it get any easier?