PDA

View Full Version : philadelphia otb

daydreamer
04-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Can anyone tell me if there's a otb in philadelphia downtown area?

melman
04-06-2007, 03:28 PM
The Center City Turf Club opened in August 1990 and was the first of its kind in Eastern Pennsylvania. Situated in the heart of downtown Philadelphia, the Turf Club features over 300 televisions, wagering windows, personal televisions, personal wagering terminals and a roomy non-smoking lounge.
A recently constructed Director's Room and other club renovations have greatly improved the center city location.
This 21,000 square foot facility occupies both mezzanine and concourse levels of 7 Penn Center and accommodates close to 1,000 guests. Parking is now available after 5 p.m. and on weekends in the Liberty Place parking garage with entrances on both 16th and 17th streets between Market and Chestnut. Parking is reduced to $4 for Turf Club patrons. . Admission to the Turf Club is free, with admission to the clubhouse $2.00 unless you are dining. The center city location is within walking distance of suburban station and the most easily accessed club via public transportation.

Driving Directions
Events and Promotions
Groups and Parties
Dining Menu

speedking
04-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Everything Melman described is accurate, but be careful there at night. After 6pm or so, they close the free admission area on the bottom level and admit everyone to the clubhouse:rolleyes: area for free. That nighttime crowd can give any NYC OTB a run for its money as far as the clientel goes. Cashing a big ticket is downright dangerous in the pm. the place has been robbed at least 6 times that i know of, in the last year and their only solution is to limit access and exit doors. Numerous armed robberies have occurred outside to guys who have cashed out decent amounts.

Besides all that, they cover most tracks and you can get a seat with a personal tv (for an extra buck to get the tv turned on :mad: ), or a seat in the dining area which is always the way to go. You have 2 tv's at your table and a Tiny Tim which you can use via a one day account. In that area you actually get a cell phone signal ( the clubhouse is 1 level below ground while the free area is 2 levels down, and the food is not too bad.

Tellers are among the worst I've encountered, but still expect a tip when you cash out. Had the misfortune to stop in a few days ago and an irate bettor went back to a teller after a race and told him he punched the wrong track and the guy simply told him; " yeah, I made a mistake...you gotta check your tickets! I know you wanted Gulfstream."......
Use the Tiny Tims or self service machines. At most of the Philly Turf Clubs, the tellers are usually seen reading books or papers and seem upset when you "distract or interrupt" them with a bet.

As you can tell...I sure miss Pinnacle!

speedking