PDA

View Full Version : The New York Sun Comments on Pelosi / Brits

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2007, 02:50 AM
The Sun ain't no righty rag, now is it?

http://www.nysun.com/article/51956

Still, it kind of makes one yearn for politicians of the caliber of Margaret Thatcher and soldiers such as George Patton, who did not confuse a state of war with making nice.

Tehran sent several messages, one of which was — the presence of American and British naval forces in the Persian Gulf notwithstanding — that it alone sets the agenda for peace and confrontation in those waters. Tehran also signaled to the Arabs of the Gulf that the presence of the Western military cannot protect them. Indeed, the West couldn't even protect coalition soldiers in the region when they were faced with the Revolutinary Guards. The choice presented to the West in this confrontation was to go to war to liberate its captives or make a deal.

As for Ms. Pelosi, Senator Kerry, and other American politicians — both Republican and Democrat — who have already made a pilgrimage to Damascus, the only question is: "What were you thinking?"

When the dust settles, one hopes two things will happen: Ms. Pelosi will show she has returned to Washington with more than beatific smiles and new additions to her expensive wardrobe, as Mr. Assad & Co. plot their next nefarious deed. And that a British military commission will rethink the training of British soldiers in order to discover what is it in their discipline that makes it perfectly all right to cave in just two days after capture and shower the enemy with lavish praise and thanks.

hcap
04-06-2007, 08:11 AM
PaceAdvantage The Sun ain't no righty rag, now is it?Hee Hee, Haa Haa, Hoo, Ho.Hee Hee, Haa Haa, Hoo, Ho.
Hee Hee, Haa Haa, Hoo, Ho.Hee Hee, Haa Haa, Hoo, Ho.Hee Hee, Haa Haa, Hoo,
Hee Hee, Haa Haa, Hoo, Ho. Etc

http://www.nysun.com/article/51783

http://www.rawstory.com/images/other/040507dick-cheney.jpg

"For all the talk about potential candidates who haven't entered the 2008 presidential race — from Mayor Bloomberg to Vice President Gore to Senator Thompson and Speaker Gingrich — the one that who would bring the most to the race is Vice President Cheney."

.. Mr. Cheney has virtues as a candidate in his own right. He has foreign policy experience by virtue of having served as defense secretary, and he has economic policy experience, having served as a leading tax-cutter while a member of the House of Representatives. His wife, Lynne, would be an asset to the ticket in her own right, a point made by Kathryn Jean Lopez in a post on the topic at National Review Online back in February. By our rights, Lynne Cheney would make one of the greatest First Ladies in history. Mr. Cheney, in any event, is more than four years younger than Mr. McCain, and, if elected, would be 67 years old at his inauguration, younger than Reagan was when he took office. His health, while a topic of frequent speculation, hasn't interfered with his service as vice president.

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Really? The Sun is a right wing paper? That's odd. I never read it, but in the past when I've seen it on the newsstands, I remember seeing unflattering caricatures of Bush, Giuliani, etc. etc. over the years.

Are you sure? Any other opinions from those who actually read it?

Secretariat
04-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Really? The Sun is a right wing paper? That's odd. I never read it, but in the past when I've seen it on the newsstands, I remember seeing unflattering caricatures of Bush, Giuliani, etc. etc. over the years.

Are you sure? Any other opinions from those who actually read it?

Here's a little about the Sun.

Yeah, it's right wing, by their own admission.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Sun

"Stoll [managing editor] has characterized the Sun's political orientation as "right-of-center,"[4] and an associate of Conrad Black predicted in 2002 that the paper would be "certainly neoconservative in its views."[5] Editor-in-chief Lipsky describes the agenda of the paper's prominent op-ed page as "limited government, individual liberty, constitutional fundamentals, equality under the law, economic growth ... standards in literature and culture, education."[6] The Sun's roster of columnists includes many prominent conservative thinkers, including William F. Buckley, Jr., Michael Barone, Daniel Pipes, and Mark Steyn.

The Sun is "known for its pugnacious coverage of Jewish-related issues";[7] in particular, it is "a strong proponent of Israel's right to defend itself."[8] It has published articles by pro-Israel reporter Aaron Klein.

The paper courted controversy in 2003 with an unsigned February 6 editorial arguing that protestors against the Iraq war should be prosecuted for treason.[9][10]

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Well then, I guess I ought to be reading the Sun more often.....

OTM Al
04-07-2007, 06:17 PM
That would get their readership up to about 4....... :)