PDA

View Full Version : My Keys To Happiness (really)

chickenhead
04-05-2007, 09:06 PM
yeah, barf, I know. But I have been in a wonderful mood all day...I simply can't help it.

1.) Live somewhere you love. Life is too short to live anywhere that doesn't bring you great joy just being there. I drive to work smiling everyday...the scenery around here just plain knocks me out. If you don't feel a deep connection with where you live, then get moving and don't stop until you do.

2.) Surround yourself with people of integrity. Got a 20% raise the other day, out of the blue, because "you're worth it". I get more raises than anyone I know..never asked for one..never blow my own horn. I only work with and around people of integrity. Then I know all I have to do is perform, and everything will take care of itself. Whether you work for yourself or someone else..be a person of integrity, and surround yourself with people of integrity.

3.) Enjoy ideas. The science and arts make life so so enjoyable...they are available to us...and they are free...use them. Find things that turn you on...they're out there. Maybe horseracing is that for you. It is one for me, but only one in a universe. I am a glutton..I wish I had many many more hours every day just to consume ideas...and to follow my curiosities lead.

4.) Find people to share it with. Having friends and family and partners to talk things over with and laugh about makes it all worth while. Cherish them.

Love Peace and Happiness to you all
-Chicken

Pace Cap'n
04-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Eliminate all that makes you unhappy.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Some positivity in off-topic for a change. Thanks and praise to the fowl-mouthed one.

GaryG
04-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Very nicely put chickie....it is sort of a check list to count one's blessings. As I look out my office window at the mountains and our bird sanctuary I realize that I have been truly blessed. The body is getting a few miles on it but the mind and spirit are in good shape.

boomman
04-06-2007, 09:03 AM
yeah, barf, I know. But I have been in a wonderful mood all day...I simply can't help it.

1.) Live somewhere you love. Life is too short to live anywhere that doesn't bring you great joy just being there. I drive to work smiling everyday...the scenery around here just plain knocks me out. If you don't feel a deep connection with where you live, then get moving and don't stop until you do.

2.) Surround yourself with people of integrity. Got a 20% raise the other day, out of the blue, because "you're worth it". I get more raises than anyone I know..never asked for one..never blow my own horn. I only work with and around people of integrity. Then I know all I have to do is perform, and everything will take care of itself. Whether you work for yourself or someone else..be a person of integrity, and surround yourself with people of integrity.

3.) Enjoy ideas. The science and arts make life so so enjoyable...they are available to us...and they are free...use them. Find things that turn you on...they're out there. Maybe horseracing is that for you. It is one for me, but only one in a universe. I am a glutton..I wish I had many many more hours every day just to consume ideas...and to follow my curiosities lead.

4.) Find people to share it with. Having friends and family and partners to talk things over with and laugh about makes it all worth while. Cherish them.

Love Peace and Happiness to you all
-Chicken

Excellent points Chicken! #2 is especially important. Congratulations on the raise, and isn't it nice that some folks will acknowledge a job well done without be prodded to do so? Happy Easter to everyone!

Boomer

DanG
04-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Surround yourself with people of integrity.
Good deal Chicken; :ThmbUp:

All the best to you and yours. While I don’t read every off-topic thread, I respect your outlook and willingness to approach issues from many angles.

PS: Agree on your entire list, but the one above is so critical to all and especially in a gamblers life.

GameTheory
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Even simpler, I would sum up the key to life in one word: gratitude. From gratitude flows all happiness and virture towards others...

Dan Montilion
04-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Good Food...

Good Sex...

And a warm place to go to the bathroom...

delayjf
04-06-2007, 01:41 PM
That great philosopher Spicolli once said:

"All I need is a cool wave, a tasty buzz, and I'm fine" :cool:

Secretariat
04-06-2007, 02:02 PM
A post we can agree on. Well stated.

bigmack
04-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Enjoy ideas. The science and arts make life so so enjoyable...they are available to us...and they are free...use them. Find things that turn you on...they're out there. Maybe horseracing is that for you. It is one for me, but only one in a universe. I am a glutton..I wish I had many many more hours every day just to consume ideas...and to follow my curiosities lead.
Far too many loose the puissant world of being curious to new ideas and thoughts that they once had when they were young.

It's a powerful thing to stop your life for a moment or several each week to really feel the nuance of your life. Enjoyed your post Chicky, as the usual political bantering and more talk of speed figures, systems and the definition of lengths can only hold so much interest.

Tom
04-06-2007, 03:30 PM
The keys to my happiness are the keys to a Lamborghini. :jump: