PDA

View Full Version : AGS ---

the_fat_man
04-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Just took a look at AGS' 2nd lifetime start at Keeneland.

Poor ride by Leparoux: needlessly widest both turns and moved much too soon.

Also ducked in a bit 'struggling' to change entering the stretch. Not like he STILL has that habit.

Nonetheless, he handled Sam P. and others easily.

Sam P got all the worst of it at the gate, being slammed by the 4.

And, of course, NoCount also handled him in Florida, earlier this year.

What's interesting about AGS' race, however, is the Trakus data showing distance covered:

9:Any Given Saturday:5,734.4:

5:Sam P.:5,696.9:-37.5

6:Shipmate:5,676.3:-58.1

8:Beta Capo:5,711.3:-23.1

2: Dan McGrew:5,673.6:-60.8

4:Hey Bill:5,688.7:-45.7

7:Ni Kel Willy:5,682.0:-52.4

3:Kon Krete Kid:5,670.5:-63.9

1:Captain Ray:5,641.4:-93

By post position, distance covered/distance difference from winner

I'm one lucky Fat Man. If I'd seen this race by when, I'd have loaded up at 9:2 against Tiz Wonderful and gotten my fat ass handled to me. :lol:

JPinMaryland
04-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Horse does seem to always run wide. And we know how you feel about Nobiz....hmm, you knowthat Phipps colt Sightseeing grabbed a quarter in the Remsen. Otherwise he seems to have looked fine competing with the likes of DElighful Kiss and Chelokee. You do like the Delightful KIss?

the_fat_man
04-05-2007, 09:15 PM
One of my best moves of the year was getting 6:1 on Kiss to run 3rd in the Tampa Derby.:lol: I basically had to beat Zito to do so (the 10 try or so to break his maiden plug and the New York bred that they were all gaga over on the other forum.) That was a tough decision to make. Oh yeah:cool:

Sightseeing followed For You Reppo around the track also. He couldn't beat that one. You think For You is competitive in this field?

NoCount can win the race. Maybe blinkers are the trick.

He just has to show me that he can actually run when he needs to and not only when he gets things his own way.

Robert Fischer
04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
the TRAKUS is very cool stuff.

I had 2 "trakus-capped" horses from the last meet. One who got the trip from hell one who must have been dreaming... Couldn't catch either one back in similar race the rest of the year :D
Trakus takes feet per second to a whole new application...

AGS - I love his style and he was as relaxed as ever last start. Prior to the Tampa Derby I questioned his talent. He was really nice in the lane vs Street Sense. The pace quality in that race was pretty far back in contrast to NOBIZ chasing Stormello in the FOY. If anything the pace up front worked against Nobiz in the FoY as he was starting to get into a comfort zone of having the lead every race at the top of the stretch.

COWTOWN CAT - key horse if he will go for a win in the Illinois or be added pace in the Wood.

Is Flashstorm going to hold the lead into the stretch? I say no based on the raw times he is getting at 6f (1.14) and Jacinto aboard.

If Nobiz has the lead at the top of the stretch he will be tough to beat.

the_fat_man
04-05-2007, 10:37 PM
AGS - I love his style and he was as relaxed as ever last start. Prior to the Tampa Derby I questioned his talent. He was really nice in the lane vs Street Sense. The pace quality in that race was pretty far back in contrast to NOBIZ chasing Stormello in the FOY. If anything the pace up front worked against Nobiz in the FoY as he was starting to get into a comfort zone of having the lead every race at the top of the stretch.

I thought he ran well in the Tampa prep but I hadn't seen his races as a 2 year old so I didn't know how exactly to gauge him against Street Sense. I mean, I knew he'd be at least 2nd but had no real sense that he was as good as he ran.

If the pace up front worked against NoCOunt then it certainly was worse for SD. It also didn't help SD much when NoCOUnt came out into him when they entered the stretch and caused him to lose some momentum.
On the other hand, NoCount was hammered at the gate, losing a couple and got cut off entering the first turn by Adore the Gold. This is supposed to be a very nice horse. Why doesn't he run like one?

So, SD has an excuse in the Holy Bull and loses to NoCOunt
(although, the Florida Derby might've been his coming out party.)
NoCount has an excuse in the FOY and loses to SD
and last year, NoCount has an excuse in the Champagne and loses to SD

As I've pointed out on another thread, why does it take his trainer 5 races to put the blinkers on? Certainly he must know that the horse has always had trouble running straight in the stretch.

COWTOWN CAT - key horse if he will go for a win in the Illinois or be added pace in the Wood.

He's only going in the Wood if AGS doesn't run.

If Nobiz has the lead at the top of the stretch he will be tough to beat.

Convinced he won't try to duck in? If this horse can't get to the inside, historically, he doesn't win. And this is the perfect irony: Cornelio breaking from the rail. What the odds that he actually STAYS on the rail? Or that Johnny V isn't parked in the cheap zone?