PDA

View Full Version : LINK to the Woodside Associates Race Of The Week

john del riccio
04-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I would like to again invite the racing fans here at PACE ADVANTAGE to take a look at our Race Of The Week analysis. It is FREE. The Henry Kuck Ratings are included in our analysis in an effort to educate players on both the accuracy of the ratings and their application as it pertains to handicapping top quality races. Different types of races require a different handicapping approach and since the ROTW is always a stake race, a consistent means to handicapping these races will be shown. Good Luck, ask questions, and with a little luck, cash some tickets. The ROTW is the Santa Anita Derby.

Click on the link below and a pdf file should open, if not you may need to upgrade your version of abobe acrobat. GOOD LUCK !

John Del Riccio
www.woodsideassociates.com/raceoftheweek/rotw.pdf (http://www.woodsideassociates.com/raceoftheweek/rotw.pdf)
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

JPinMaryland
04-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Can I ask a question about the report? On p. 5 you say that Medici code is least likely to win the race and then later on the same page you have him listed at 8-1. Not sure what is meant by that perhaps he's likely out of those you have not eliminated or something. But confusing for sure...

john del riccio
04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Can I ask a question about the report? On p. 5 you say that Medici code is least likely to win the race and then later on the same page you have him listed at 8-1. Not sure what is meant by that perhaps he's likely out of those you have not eliminated or something. But confusing for sure...

JP,

Obviously at that stage of handicapping, he was stated as least likely to win from the remaining 5 contenders.

I hope that clears up your confusion.

John

bobphilo
04-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the PP's, John.

I give King of the Roxie a slight edge over Liquidity here. They both have good figures and the strech out for KotR doesn't trouble me because of they way he finished strong while not too far back from a fast pace in his last.

Liquidity's figure was hurt by the fast pace in the La Derby but he was also helped by the slow pace in the Sham. His true ability probably lies somewhere in between the 2. Sam P should run well too.
Should be a good race.

Bob

john del riccio
04-07-2007, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the PP's, John.

I give King of the Roxie a slight edge over Liquidity here. They both have good figures and the strech out for KotR doesn't trouble me because of they way he finished strong while not too far back from a fast pace in his last.

Liquidity's figure was hurt by the fast pace in the La Derby but he was also helped by the slow pace in the Sham. His true ability probably lies somewhere in between the 2. Sam P should run well too.
Should be a good race.

Bob

Bob,

The thing that concerns me about ROXY is that he started out in a 4 1/2f Dash For The Cash mdn race. Those types typically don't go 9f.

John

bobphilo
04-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Bob,

The thing that concerns me about ROXY is that he started out in a 4 1/2f Dash For The Cash mdn race. Those types typically don't go 9f.

John

Team Valor originally thought of him as a sprinter but they said that after his last he looks like he wants to strech out. We'll find out today.

Bob

john del riccio
04-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Team Valor originally thought of him as a sprinter but they said that after his last he looks like he wants to strech out. We'll find out today.

Bob

Bob,

The last time Pletcher said that, COWTOWN CAT did just that. I wonder if this was Pletchers idea or Irwins' ?

JOhn

bobphilo
04-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Bob,

The last time Pletcher said that, COWTOWN CAT did just that. I wonder if this was Pletchers idea or Irwins' ?

JOhn

I did see Irwin's post on another board where he said the way he won his last made them change their minds. Whoever's idea it was, they were right. He ran big today, as predicted, and beat the 1st 2 choices, but Tiago got a great ground saving ride from off the pace. I'll have to look at the fractions but it looks like Tiago benefited from the pace as well.

Bob