View Full Version : jim cramer

skate
04-04-2007, 04:56 PM
i like this guy, he's honest.

gees i hope he keeps 'things together'.

cramer unplugged tonite at 7:00pm eastern. msnbc

DJofSD
04-04-2007, 05:33 PM
He has his detractors but in the end, I believe he's a straight arrow. I appreciate his wit and his insight. Being independently wealthy, I don't see where he has any axes to grind. I love his board of shame. He's up front about his history and if you really want to know the road he's traveled, read his 2nd book, "Confessions of a Street Addict".

Booya!

chickenhead
04-04-2007, 05:59 PM
the only guys I like to listen to are the fast money guys, though I never catch them anymore. They're pretty sharp overall.

DJofSD
04-04-2007, 06:15 PM
With respect chickenhead, I can't stand the program format of Fast Money. Those guys are all very accomplished but when they have very limited time and always seemingly talking on top of each other, that gets really old very quickly.

chickenhead
04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
I agree actually...but I think the content is top notch, I only wish there was more of it.

The Judge
04-04-2007, 09:18 PM
"Unplugged," I thought something had happened to "the" Jim Cramer of Handicappers Data Warehouse. Then notice it was off topic. "The " Jim Cramer came up with pace position handicapping among other things. Kind of an advancement of the Sartin Method as practiced by Tom Brohamer.

skate
04-05-2007, 04:59 PM
With respect chickenhead, I can't stand the program format of Fast Money. Those guys are all very accomplished but when they have very limited time and always seemingly talking on top of each other, that gets really old very quickly.

yah, well put, i have the same feelings. i always give the program a try, but cant stay with them... like you said.

its funny to me, but, i think hes(cramer) a good teacher. i ordered both his books just the other day.

while on topic, this market is Really Something, so very interesting, in that it takes in the Globle expanse.

gees, i heard about 'DNDN" (cancer drug), i rush on Mon? and buy some. i thought it was on the way UP. but NO, it was coming down from 18, i bought at 14, felt sick, cause i could not sell untill Wed.:bang:
which i did seell, wed. i see today it went up 3.:bang: :bang:

overall, its very strong market, i just added Ford.
generally, i like to trade, in and out , bingo.

linrom1
04-06-2007, 10:06 AM
I can't believe what you guys are saying, Jim Cramer is one of the biggest shills next to Eric Bolling. He is doing exactly the same thing now that he was doing when he ran his hedge fund--he is helping to distribute shares on behalf of insiders and Wall Street PigmenŽ.

I only watch the show to find what stocks PigmenŽ are distributing. As far as Fast Money is concerned, Eric Bolling likes any stock that is breaking out after being up more than 1000%. With trillions in outstanding shares, it takes PigmenŽ long time to liquidate and accumulate positions.

The real purpose of Wall Street is not to make you rich, but, to offload shares to ultimate bagholders--the public and public pension funds: it is not a trading exchange. :D

LurkingBettor
04-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Also remember that even though he, Cramer, invests only for his Charitable Trust (supposedly) that he owns at least a portion of TheStreet.com and Stockpickr.com and has at least 3 books out....maybe more offshoots. He's not just doing Mad Money for his health.

He reminds me alot of Joe Granville in the 80's that used to be able to move the markets by his appearances on Wall Street Week on Friday evenings. UNTIL, he missed calling the crash in 1987. Where is he now? (age 80+ and still producing a newsletter from what I could research on the www)

Be careful out there.

My .02

DJofSD
04-06-2007, 03:44 PM
he real purpose of Wall Street is not to make you rich, but, to offload shares to ultimate bagholders--the public and public pension funds: it is not a trading exchange.

No, it is not Jim Cramer's, Wall Street, my broker or any one else's job to make me money -- it's my job.

Is the game rigged? Sure is. You have another way to make money other than earning a salary or investing in real estate?

Do I think Jim Cramer is sitting around thinking of witty things to say and do in front of the cameras every day and nothing else? What do you think?

If some of his accolytes follow his advice as if he's the Pide Pipper, that's their problem. But from the perspective of some one who's always interested in learning a little more from the experienced professionals, I find his perspective refreshing. More than others, he'll name names and call 'em as he sees 'em. Who else does that on a nationally aired show about the market?

So, I'll continue to watch and learn, and, hell, given the chance, I'd even like to see a campus show or meet the man.

skate
04-07-2007, 06:25 PM
oh absolutely, gees, hes 90% right about what he does, that being 'teach'.

good god, if some simple butt comes along just for the ride, well, good luck.

the man cautions 'Always', cautions.

how can anyone be a shill by saying, over and over "Best Of Breed".?
how can anyone be a shill by saying, over and over "Be Diversified"?
how...........................................,... ................."Do Your Home (as in Home)work.?
how............................................... ................."Take your Profit" don't be a Pig?

i guess it depends on what you expect from someone else.

How would you, run a show such as Cramers?

should we be judging the whole, by one of its characteristics?
and if you do, whos really at fault.