PDA

View Full Version : WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO DRUGSALVATORE?

horseplayer7776
04-02-2007, 06:15 PM
HAT EVER HAPPENED TO DRUGSALVATORE?

THIS GUY USED TO HAVE A GREAT TRIPLE CROWN LIST

DrugSalvastore
04-02-2007, 10:42 PM
For the longest time, using my computer, I would not get a cursor in the message body---therefore I could not post here.

A gentleman who posts here found me on another board, and linked me, whatever the problem was with my computer seems to no longer be a problem.

Perhaps it may seem a nightmare for PA, and all the good members of this board, but I am back. And don't think I didn't miss you guys.

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Nightmare? Not really....well maybe just a litt....ah....forget it....

Welcome back!

DrugSalvastore
04-02-2007, 11:13 PM
When I arrived at a new board...I did, by way of bible verse, credit Jesus with my defection from here......

Look, I will keep this clean and civil....because that's the way Jesus would want it...and it is he who I serve....and he is the reason I am here.

A reading from DrugS 22:30 :

Jesus descended down to Florida, and made his way to a run-down dog track. Walking up amidst degenerate Haitian cab drivers,as well as red-neck sorts who haven't showered in weeks, Jesus could make out the outline of the teacher. Perched at his feet were, skanky coctail waitress from the track's Poker room. "Young ladies, listen to me and I will show you the way. You need not spend money on books, you just need to accept me as your hero. There is nothing I do not know. Come ye, and I will take you to a land of video games and superlative orgasms, and you too can live maybe not so much forever, but for at least the weekend at my roommates place.

Jesus intervened. "Great young teacher, now is not the time for such debauchery. Once again, I will call upon you to expand your conquest in the world of Internet horse racing message boards. It is by my divine order that you can no longer post at Pace Advantage." The young teacher bows his head and says "It is you whom I serve my lord. With all my love, passion, and intelligence. What is it you ask of me?"

"Young teacher, you are to go onto the DerbyTrail message board" Jesus replies. "Be forewarned----you will not be greeted with cookies, punch, and open arms by everyone. You will encounter many scoffers who will doubt you. Some, like Oracle80 will talk down to you and beg to be made an example of. While others, like Balletto, who apparently thinks she is my father, will have the audacity to hurl insults at you. You must not yield to the temptation, young teacher, you must rise above the pack and preach your gift of handicapping enlightenment to the vast and thirsty audience."

PaceAdvantage
04-03-2007, 12:18 AM
You were indeed missed, oh wise one!

JustRalph
04-03-2007, 01:10 AM
you wanna try that in english? You get religion? is that it? No more gambling?

DrugSalvastore
04-03-2007, 01:31 AM
I was never good at English....or religion for that matter.

As for the triple crown, I've had my moments....

I believe this is a sub-par crop this year---Any Given Saturday has been the Derby horse I've favored all year long. There are about five others whom I feel can't entirely be eliminated yet---and any others would need to improve markedly to win the Derby...which I just don't see.

I haven't given my lame offical endorsement to AGS yet---I'm holding out to see what happens when Nobiz Like Shobiz runs in blinkers---as, he's always struck me as a horse with outstanding talent--whom fits the profile of a Derby horse very well---however, he hasn't improved since his debut--and has always acted like a horse who has more in him than what he is showing, and I've always wondered if blinkers might, perhaps, bring it out of him.

AGS is all but offically my Derby horse though, the endorsement should come as early as Sunday---and I know you guys can't wait for a self-important wreck like myself to make such an announcement.

timtam
04-03-2007, 01:36 AM
A guy with 10 posts asks what ever happened to Drug.....

and VOILA he magically appears !!! What a country !! :)

DrugSalvastore
04-03-2007, 01:46 AM
BillW gets the assist---he's the one who told me that some obviously misguided soul was looking for me---and gave me the link.

As good a man as he is---you have him to blame for my return.

bigmack
04-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Indomitable seems a bit over the top with a cross reference to the aforementioned DT with a side-order question of the pictured avatar on the site cited and a pedantic alert to the misspelling of the beloved 'coctail' waitresses as you missed a k in your pursuit of what may have been an under qualified stab at a most worthy pursuit.

DrugSalvastore
04-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Speak plain please....or my head will shatter into a thousand little pieces.

The avatar is Brian Billick.

Cocktail was intentionally misspelled because so called offense words are
censored there...it would have appered as ****tail. That's my excuse anyway.

shanta
04-03-2007, 08:45 AM
When I arrived at a new board...I did, by way of bible verse, credit Jesus with my defection from here......

Look, I will keep this clean and civil....because that's the way Jesus would want it...and it is he who I serve....and he is the reason I am here.

A reading from DrugS 22:30 :

Jesus descended down to Florida, and made his way to a run-down dog track. Walking up amidst degenerate Haitian cab drivers,as well as red-neck sorts who haven't showered in weeks, Jesus could make out the outline of the teacher. Perched at his feet were, skanky coctail waitress from the track's Poker room. "Young ladies, listen to me and I will show you the way. You need not spend money on books, you just need to accept me as your hero. There is nothing I do not know. Come ye, and I will take you to a land of video games and superlative orgasms, and you too can live maybe not so much forever, but for at least the weekend at my roommates place.

Jesus intervened. "Great young teacher, now is not the time for such debauchery. Once again, I will call upon you to expand your conquest in the world of Internet horse racing message boards. It is by my divine order that you can no longer post at Pace Advantage." The young teacher bows his head and says "It is you whom I serve my lord. With all my love, passion, and intelligence. What is it you ask of me?"

"Young teacher, you are to go onto the DerbyTrail message board" Jesus replies. "Be forewarned----you will not be greeted with cookies, punch, and open arms by everyone. You will encounter many scoffers who will doubt you. Some, like Oracle80 will talk down to you and beg to be made an example of. While others, like Balletto, who apparently thinks she is my father, will have the audacity to hurl insults at you. You must not yield to the temptation, young teacher, you must rise above the pack and preach your gift of handicapping enlightenment to the vast and thirsty audience."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey write a book man. Seriously I will be FIRST to pre-order it. Glad you're ok
Richie

Pace Cap'n
04-03-2007, 05:51 PM
For the longest time, using my computer, I would not get a cursor in the message body---therefore I could not post here.

I have had the same problem several times in the past. Never did figure out what was wrong, but sooner or later it would just fix itself.

PaceAdvantage
04-03-2007, 06:03 PM
I have had the same problem several times in the past. Never did figure out what was wrong, but sooner or later it would just fix itself.

A possible solution may be to change the message entry interfact.

Click on the User CP link in the menu bar at the top of the page, then click Edit Options from the menu on the left. Scroll to the bottom, and pick a different message editor option.

Tom
04-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I frequently find myself with no cursor in the message field. I just start typing anyway, and everytime, text appears.
I just thought Pa had somehow changed my cursor color to clear! :D

BillW
04-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I frequently find myself with no cursor in the message field. I just start typing anyway, and everytime, text appears.
I just thought Pa had somehow changed my cursor color to clear! :D

You could have wore the color off of it :p .