PDA

View Full Version : new record

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 02:09 PM
CNN reports that the blast over the weekend in Talafar set a new record for people killed. Boy that surge is really effective.

Reported here too:http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/YAT142503.htm

Show Me the Wire
04-02-2007, 02:39 PM
speaking of records, you sound like a broken record. How come you didn't post a link about Feinstein's corruption involving war profiteering?

Or why were we not treated to witty statement, about the continuation of the "culture of corruption" continuing in the dem controlled congress instead of a statement about the viability of the surge?

Broken record same thing over and over again and over .......................

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Culture of corruption only applies to Republicans....oh yeah, and John Murtha...

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 04:31 PM
speaking of records, you sound like a broken record. How come you didn't post a link about Feinstein's corruption involving war profiteering?

Or why were we not treated to witty statement, about the continuation of the "culture of corruption" continuing in the dem controlled congress instead of a statement about the viability of the surge?

Broken record same thing over and over again and over .......................
so is this B.S. war. The "trumped" up one.

JustRalph
04-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Culture of corruption only applies to Republicans....oh yeah, and John Murtha...

Don't forget Jefferson, you know, the Dem with 90k of FBI marked money in his refrigerator?

Show Me the Wire
04-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Zilzal:

Are you saying you post B.S. and my responses are retaliatory B.S.? I agree what you post is B.S., but I do not think a politician abusing their fiduciary duty to economically profit is retaliatory B.S. I think it is criminal and worthy of comment.

JustRalph
04-02-2007, 04:51 PM
CNN reports that the blast over the weekend in Talafar set a new record for people killed. Boy that surge is really effective.

Reported here too:http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/YAT142503.htm

considering only half the troops are there and this bomb went off over 300 miles from Baghdad, where the majority of the troop surge is targeted........once again you are posting bullshit comments and uninformed analysis..............what's new.........?

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Ah but things are really getting better in that war. Wow as more lives are flushed it is astounding.

Show Me the Wire
04-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Ah but things are really getting better in that war. Wow as more lives are flushed it is astounding.

I am sure Feinstein and her husband hope not as it would cut into their profits. How many lost limbs and lost lives are worth Feinstein's familys lifestyle?

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 07:16 PM
AP Exclusive: Kissinger says military victory not possible in Iraq

Associated Press

TOKYO: Former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who helped engineer the U.S. withdrawal from Vietnam, said Sunday the problems in Iraq are more complex than that conflict, and military victory is no longer possible.

He also said he sympathizes with the troubles facing U.S. President George W. Bush.

"A 'military victory' in the sense of total control over the whole territory, imposed on the entire population, is not possible," Kissinger told The Associated Press in Tokyo, where he received an honorary degree from Waseda University.

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Now you're an admirer of Kissinger? Isn't he one of those evil dudes bent on a new world order? This is SO confusing....

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Now you're an admirer of Kissinger? Isn't he one of those evil dudes bent on a new world order? This is SO confusing....
No never admired him at all. These fellows brought him in some time back to give advice. Today this is what HE said.

In Alexander Haig's presence, Kissinger referred pointedly to military men as "dumb, stupid animals to be used" as pawns for foreign policy. Woodward and Bernstein, The Final Days, chapter 14

That's the kind of guy this one is.

Lefty
04-02-2007, 08:01 PM
So, if that's the kind of guy he is, why are you so quick to agree with him.
Our military has never lost. It's the politicians and the media that loses wars.

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2007, 08:05 PM
No never admired him at all.

Then why are you posting something he said? You're admiring him now.

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 08:13 PM
I have quoted many people in my life. Admiration is exclusive to a quotation.

Just look how often I quote Lefty!!

Lefty
04-02-2007, 08:24 PM
oh, puleeze! There was no reason to quote Kissinger unless you agreed with him.

Show Me the Wire
04-02-2007, 08:31 PM

PA you need to add a new icon for the above type of postings of the zilly one. An icon throwing brown stuff at a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Vietnam Echoes

1)According to current estimates, the cost of the Iraq War could exceed $700 billion. In current dollars, the Vietnam War cost U.S. taxpayers $600 billion.
2) Operations costs in Iraq are estimated at $5.6 billion per month in 2005. By comparison, the average cost of U.S. operations in Vietnam over the eight-year war was $5.1 billion per month, adjusting for inflation.
3)Staying in Iraq and Afghanistan at current levels would nearly double the projected federal budget deficit over the next decade.
4)Since 2001, the U.S. has deployed more than 1 million troops to Iraq and Afghanistan.
5)Broken down per person in the United States, the cost so far is $727, making the Iraq War the most expensive military effort in the last 60 years.

http://www.ips-dc.org/iraq/quagmire/IraqQuagmire.pdf

interesting stats:
QUALITY OF LIFE INDICATORS

Iraqi Unemployment Rate - 27 to 60%, where curfew not in effect

Consumer Price Inflation in 2006 - 50%

Iraqi Children Suffering from Chronic Malnutrition - 25% in May 2006

Iraqis Displaced by Iraq War, as of Nov 2007 - 750,000

Iraqi Refugees in Syria & Jordan - 1.3 million to 1.75 million

Percent of professionals who have left Iraq since 2003 - 40%

Iraqi Physicians Before 2003 Invasion - 34,000

Iraqi Physicians Who Have Left Iraq Since 2005 Invasion - 12,000

Iraqi Physicians Murdered Since 2003 Invasion - 2,000

Average Daily Hours Iraqi Homes Have Electricity - 9.6

Average Daily Hours Baghdad Homes Have Electricity - 5.7

Pre-War Daily Hours Baghdad Homes Have Electricity - 16 to 24

Number of Iraqi Homes Connected to Sewer Systems - 37%

Percentage of Iraqi Homes with Access to Piped Water - 78%

Water Treatment Plants Rehabilitated - 22%

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Really helps screw up conceptions when the clowns paint totally incorrect pictures of what is happening.
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/03/27/michael-ware-i-dont-know-what-part-of-neverland-senator-mccain-is-talking-about/

Lefty
04-02-2007, 08:55 PM
And what were those figures when Saddam there? Don't tell me you blve most Iraquis miss Saddam?

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Why is it that nobody posts any goodies from the right-leaning sites out there?

Why is it always the left posting all the links and starting all the threads? I thought this board was "DOMINATED" by the right wing jackbooted thugs!!?!?!

:lol:

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Why is it that nobody posts any goodies from the right-leaning sites out there?

Why is it always the left posting all the links and starting all the threads? I thought this board was "DOMINATED" by the right wing jackbooted thugs!!?!?!

In the case of the Iraq war it MIGHT be because the place is a disaster and there is no good news coming from that source!

The National Intelligence Estimate, titled “Trends in Global Terrorism: Implications for the United States” and completed in April, asserts that Islamic extremism is not on the decline, but has been expanding, and that the Iraq war played a central role in the expansion of terrorist networks.

The war in Iraq, far from shutting down terrorism, is helping Islamic extremists to manufacture it at a fairly rapid pace.

“It’s a very candid assessment,” said one intelligence official of the estimate, the first formal examination of global terrorist trends written by the National Intelligence Council since the 2003 invasion. “It’s stating the obvious.” — Washington Post

The thugs try and retaliate with fables.

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 09:40 PM
And what were those figures when Saddam there? Don't tell me you blve most Iraquis miss Saddam?
lots to choose from
Omar al-Bashir, Sudan
Kim Jong-il
Tahn Shwe
Robert Mugabe
Islam Karimov
Hu Jinato
Saparmurat Niyazov
Seyed Ali Khamane'i
Teodoro Obiang Nguema

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Julian Borger in Washington
January 18, 2006
The Guardian

An official assessment drawn up by the US foreign aid agency depicts the security situation in Iraq as dire, amounting to a "social breakdown" in which criminals have "almost free rein".

The "conflict assessment" is an attachment to an invitation to contractors to bid on a project rehabilitating Iraqi cities published earlier this month by the US Agency for International Development (USAid).

The picture it paints is not only darker than the optimistic accounts from the White House and the Pentagon, it also gives a more complex profile of the insurgency than the straightforward "rejectionists, Saddamists and terrorists" described by George Bush.

Greyfox
04-02-2007, 10:21 PM
So 46Z what's your solution to this mess?

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 10:24 PM
I didn't create it. First accept it as a monumental mistake, get together with what is the established will of the people (they spoke very loudly last election) and figure out something that will quit wasting lives, money and worsening security.

This obstinance on both sides is wasteful and embarassing.

Tom
04-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Now it's my turn to quote you.......

HOGWASH!

That suggestion is the stupidest thing you have ever posted, and that is saying something. It clearly shows you have not a clue as to what is going on over there. So far, nothing has stuck to the wall.

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 10:35 PM
JUST LIKE VIETNAM: A cabal (that has a set idea and is totally unwilling to listen to their OWN EXPERTS; just read Woodward's State of Denial), totally unresponsive to what was going on, kept up an lame idea on and on and on until over 55,000 died with many times that scared (cicatrix type) for life.

out of touch with reality;http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/9512.html

Lefty
04-02-2007, 11:28 PM
lots to choose from
Omar al-Bashir, Sudan
Kim Jong-il
Tahn Shwe
Robert Mugabe
Islam Karimov
Hu Jinato
Saparmurat Niyazov
Seyed Ali Khamane'i
Teodoro Obiang Nguema
Names not figures you give me? Once again you avoid the question.

Light
04-02-2007, 11:57 PM

The smucks like to believe guys like McCain who goes over to Iraq and says "things are getting better, I can now walk freely in Bagdad". What he forgets to mention is that in order to take his little Bagdad stroll,he had the U.S. military surrounding him,Apache helicopters covering him overhead and protective body armor. He may talk like a fool but he's not stupid enough to believe his own words.

JustRalph
04-03-2007, 12:38 AM
I didn't create it. First accept it as a monumental mistake, get together with what is the established will of the people (they spoke very loudly last election) and figure out something that will quit wasting lives, money and worsening security.

This obstinance on both sides is wasteful and embarassing.

yeah right. Such a large majority exists that we should allow the elections to dictate foreign policy. You are such a fool. Why don't we put it to a vote. Why don't we put to a vote everything. Huh? Taxes would be at zero and most crimes would be legal. Half the people who vote don't deserve the right to.

Get real.............on one condition I would agree with you. That would be that people have to take a rotating test prior to voting. 30-40 questions on current events and governmental structure. You pass, you get to vote. You don't, you don't vote. I might be in favor of a drug test too. Get these things passed and make sure they are being followed and we can start voting on just about anything.

Greyfox
04-03-2007, 12:53 AM
That would be that people have to take a rotating test prior to voting. 30-40 questions on current events and governmental structure.

On another thread we couldn't even find out the "true length" of a "length" in horse racing. Or if we did we couldn't agree on it.
The idea of a test is "nice" in theory. But who would set the questions and who would agree on the answers to those questions. Certainly no one who visits this forum.

JustRalph
04-03-2007, 01:09 AM
On another thread we couldn't even find out the "true length" of a "length" in horse racing. Or if we did we couldn't agree on it.
The idea of a test is "nice" in theory. But who would set the questions and who would agree on the answers to those questions. Certainly no one who visits this forum.

how long is the second place horse? That's a length......... :lol:

I get your point

46zilzal
04-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Get real.............on one condition I would agree with you. That would be that people have to take a rotating test prior to voting. 30-40 questions on current events and governmental structure. You pass, you get to vote. You don't, you don't vote. I might be in favor of a drug test too. Get these things passed and make sure they are being followed and we can start voting on just about anything.
yes the xenophones had that for many years in the South based upon skin color. White: Who was the first president?
Anyone of color: name the third moon of Saturn

Lefty
04-03-2007, 01:54 AM

The smucks like to believe guys like McCain who goes over to Iraq and says "things are getting better, I can now walk freely in Bagdad". What he forgets to mention is that in order to take his little Bagdad stroll,he had the U.S. military surrounding him,Apache helicopters covering him overhead and protective body armor. He may talk like a fool but he's not stupid enough to believe his own words.
And the last time you were in Iraq was...

46zilzal
04-03-2007, 02:02 AM
I saw the video of McCain today and of course the Queen of England would be safe in the midst of all that security. The CNN correspondent pegged it when he said McCain as not knowing what part of Neverland he was speaking about in relation to the safety on the streets in Bagdhad.

Tom
04-03-2007, 07:27 AM
yes the xenophones had that for many years in the South based upon skin color. White: Who was the first president?
Anyone of color: name the third moon of Saturn

That would be Xonocus. Didn't you know that?????

Did Ralph mention skin color? Height, weight?
NO,he did not, yet YOU swing off to the extreme, again, in something totally not relevant to the topic.

kenwoodallpromos
04-03-2007, 02:18 PM
How many times are youi going to switch topics? I thought you were going to tell us where the explosives are hidden.
Why did you start a topic about a specific incident then switch to Kissenger, Vietnam, McCain, and now race?
I predict you will claim you are just answering people's posts- I say it is a sign of someone easily manipulated.

kenwoodallpromos
04-03-2007, 02:22 PM
So 46Z what's your solution to this mess?

46zilzal
04-03-2007, 02:29 PM