PDA

View Full Version : RdG

Shacopate
04-02-2007, 03:55 AM
I'm gonna help this kid break out. I saw him perform today (as the headliner) in Daytona Beach during BCR (Black College Reunion) week. He reminds me of Will Smith...clean, positive and full of energy.

I turned down the job that I came down here for. That's how talented this kid is. We will be shooting a video on Daytona Beach on saturday if anyone is in the area.

http://www.myspace.com/rdgmuzic

http://www.rdgproductions.com (http://www.rdgproductions.com/)

Shock

Shacopate
04-03-2007, 02:08 AM
The video will feature his original song "On Fiya". Check it out for free at:

http://www.myspace.com/rdgmuzic

Shacopate
04-03-2007, 02:47 AM
The bio page:

http://www.rdgproductions.com/bio.html

kenwoodallpromos
04-03-2007, 06:15 AM
I didn't respond because I was looking for "Black College" and all I found was "Black Hills University".
Nice that the person is doing positive stuff.

Shacopate
04-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Ken,

Were you searching on YouTube? The video won't be shot until saturday and probably won't be edited and uploaded until the next saturday.

All you have to do is click on the myspace link to hear the music.

You can also order the CD online (through the website) for $8 if you like...might be worth something someday!

Shock

Shacopate
04-04-2007, 02:33 AM
I got extremely lucky today...I got DRG a gig to open for Plies and Fabo on april 6th at the Armory in Sanford, FL...friday night. The man that runs the show heard 30 seconds of his demo and told me "he can open".

Admission is $50.

The only thing that gives me pause is Plies' past...

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/9341
http://allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5865
http://www.myspace.com/plies

skate
04-04-2007, 04:53 PM
well, im not into the music, but it sounds like you have 'something going for yourself', good luck.

Shacopate
04-06-2007, 01:35 AM
To whom it may concern:

I will no longer be able to provide updates on RdG until a legal relationship is established through his attorney and manager.

I am forming my own production company that will be called "Shacopate Entertainment". Film/Video...Music...and Marketing.

Speedfigure,

I'll provide you with my contact number through a pm if you would like a professional music video. Pro bono.

With kindest personal regards to all,

Shock

Shacopate
04-07-2007, 04:51 AM
I've just about "had it" with this genre. No one...not one person...in this genre trusts me and it's very frustrating. I'm either looked at as a criminal mastermind or as a cop.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone at a club asked me if I was FIVE-O.

The show at the armory tonight was supposed to have started at 10pm. At 12:30am...the first act is about to go up...and then the co-owner informs me that Plies' manager whipped out the contract and it has a NO VIDEO TAPING clause.

Get your shit together man!

How could a promoter not know this?

Shacopate
04-07-2007, 10:08 AM
I've thought alot about this and I think it boils down to fact that most hip hop artist's aren't real musicians, so I can't really connect with them in same way that I do with the jazz and blues folks.

Pace Cap'n
04-07-2007, 10:43 AM
If you can't hum it, it's not music.

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Shacopate,

I find this thread fascinating....please continue it....just because hardly anyone has replied doesn't mean nobody is reading....

Shacopate
04-07-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm sitting here at the Ocean Deck...Daytona Beach, FL...outside on the deck...the hotel next to me has free wireless...haha...

I am supposed to meeting RdG's manager at this time, but she hasn't showed.

I told them that a "No call, no show" would force me to terminate all relations.

They've got about 5 minutes...

Shock

Shacopate
04-08-2007, 05:32 PM
This past week, I met a group of 28 college kids from Taylor University. It's a four-year Christian college:

http://fw.taylor.edu/

They would set up a tent, grill out and feed anyone who was hungry. I met a couple of kids named Elizabeth and Drew. I asked them to pray for my father. I kept running into them almost everyday and we got to know each other quite well. On the last day, Elizabeth said that she wasn't good at goodbyes and gave me a hand-written four page letter. She asked me not to read it until I was alone.

This was my response:

Subject: Happy Easter

Dear Elizabeth:

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to write that wonderful letter, it really touched my heart. Nothing (of this world) has ever moved me so deeply. I will keep it in my wallet.

I went to Daytona Beach this morning, hoping to see you two again. It was on this day, Easter sunday, that God showed me his will for my life.

I will work a regular job for two months to get out of debt.

Lifeguard tryouts are in two months. If you can swim 500 meters in less than 10 minutes and 50 meters in less than 30 seconds - you pass.

If you pass, you are eligible to go through the police academy for free. Otherwise, you have to pay for it.

After 4 months in the police academy I will join the Daytona Beach Patrol or Beach Rangers as the city cops call them.

Daytona Beach is considered a "hot spot" for runaways. Hopefully, I will be able to help some of these kids find their way in the world through Christ.

I also plan to join a local church in the Daytona Beach community and also organize/promote Christian musicfests like this one:

http://www.ichthus.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=327

Also, I plan to use my music to sing praises to the Lord. I will also promote and record ONLY Christian musicians.

Of course, God may change my plans - may his will be done.

Again, I want to thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

You have a friend in Jesus and you have a friend in me.

With kindest personal regards,

Kevin

Shacopate
04-10-2007, 04:53 AM
Today I met a young singer who believes that God has saved her life several times, that's enough for me!

She's very talented and plays almost every instrument, and she's only 21 years-old. I can't wait to get started.

We're rehearsing on wednesday to change the lyrics to some of music I made with my old band: Stealin' Horses.

FYI: Stealin' Horses was formed by Kiya Heartwood, she loved the way Indians or Native Americans lived and took the name from an old tribal ritual. To prove their bravery, young Indians would steal horses from other tribes. If they were sucessful - they were considered the greatest thing since buffalo hide. If they weren't, well - that's another story all in itself.

Michelle and I will record 2-3 songs at Tropical studio [in think it's on Orange Ave] in DB this week and I'm gonna video her singing and upload one of them to YouTube.

I wrote the lyrics myself and I guess you can tell I'm pretty excited about it.

Shock

DanG
04-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Best of luck Shock…

Your heart as always is in the right place. :ThmbUp:

shanta
04-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Best of luck Shock…

Your heart as always is in the right place. :ThmbUp:

I agree with Dan.

That young man Rdg has some talent for sure. I counsel a few "young ones" each month and played the "fiya" cut for them Shac. They ALL said he was good. They're a much better bellweather on him then some old fart like me :)

Best of luck with everything going on down Fla.way man. Stay safe and stay strong.

God bless
Richie

Shacopate
04-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks Dan and Richie,

Here's another from RdG that I really like:

http://www.myspace.com/rdgmuzic Its called "Get cha game up"

From the same page, just click on "Get cha game Up". You may have to stop "On Fiya" first.

I love that line about a minute in:

Hel yeah boy,
Better get cha game up,

Cause RdG and Cuzin Crunk will tear roof off

Big Talent!

Shock

Shacopate
04-10-2007, 11:13 PM
I just finished writing a song.

Here's a verse taken from Philipians 2: 9-11.

A name above every name,
The name we love is Jesus,
Every knee should bow,
Every tounge confess,

To the Lord of all places...

I can't wait to get into the studio with Michelle, she has a fire within her that is about to be unleashed.

Shacopate
04-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Porque Dues amou o mundo de tal maneria, que deu o seu Filho unigenito, para que todo aquele que nele cre nao pereca, mas tenha a vida eterna.

This verse has been translated in over 1100 languages.

Shacopate
04-11-2007, 09:50 PM
What event had the power to split time?

First one with the right answer wins a prize!

Shacopate
04-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Here are the lyrics to the first song that I will be recording with Michelle.

Through tearful eyes I see the sky,
And wonder how you're doin',
On my knees I see the light,
You saved my life from ruin.

[CHORUS]

And I keep...my eyes to the sky,
For your spirit hovers over the sea,
And I know,
That I can bear the weight of the world,

Through Christ...who strenghtens me.

[CHILDREN SINGING]

A name above every name,
The name we love is...Jesus!
Every knee should bow,
Every tounge confess,

To the Lord of all places.

[REPEAT CHORUS]

[SPOKEN WORDS OVER DARK MUSIC]

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear NO EVIL,

For you are with me.

[MUSIC BECOMES POSITIVE AND FASTER]

Set me,
Set me free,
From my private hell and this raging sea.

Tom
04-11-2007, 10:21 PM
What event had the power to split time?

First one with the right answer wins a prize!

The Birth of Jesus.

Shacopate
04-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Tom,

Close enough! I'm calling you the winner...

Think of BC and AD. Before Christ and After Death.

You win a $50 gift certificate to the store of your choice, send me a pm with info on where you would like it sent.

Shock

Tom
04-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Cool.
Tell you what, donate it to your favorite charity for me. It wouldn't be right to profit off that event-again.:jump:

Shacopate
04-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Tom,

That would be the Red Cross, consider it done.

Shacopate
04-11-2007, 11:26 PM
The first person to identify the language and verse from post 20 wins a prize!

Shacopate
04-13-2007, 08:09 PM
And no...it has nothing to do with Ned Beatty...haha...

To hear:

1. Click on the link.
2. Click on the BLUE download button on the left.
3. Click OK when the smaller box comes up, the files will download and song will play automatically.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/5e817777-ea27-4d81-8a66-723360bad1af/Deliverance

We only had time for one take and will do more of course, but at least you'll know what the song will sound like.

She had never recorded in a studio before and was a little nervous in the begginning.

Shock

Shacopate
04-16-2007, 11:52 PM
This is the letter that changed my life...forever...it was written by a 19 year-old girl on vacation (more like a mission) at Daytona Beach last week.

Kevin,

It's been really great talking to you these past few days and seeing how God has been working in your life! I am amazed that even just reading the first few paragraphs of the Bible affected you so greatly and showed you God's purpose for your life. You have so many goals and so many talents and ambitions which are on fire for the Lord!

I'd like to encourage you to persue those God-given dreams but also recognize that they are impossible without God. By that I mean that although you may be able to accomplish these things without God, you will never be satisfied until God's will for your life and your life are in line. If you put God first in your life everything else will fall into place.

The best way to discover God's will for your life is by reading your Bible. It's God's way of communicating with us and our way of listening to him. I pray that you will understand it's importance and take it seriously in your life.

I know that you are new to the Daytona area, but it's important to find and begin attending a local church, where a body of believe ars can pray for you and teach you about God and share fellowship through Jesus with you. This is vital to christian living because it's so easy to get bogged down in the world around us, and the church is a way to continually keep yourself on the right track. It's a place where people can hold you accountable for your actions and encourage you through Jesus.

I'd like to challenge you to give yourself entirely to God.

Ask him what he wants for your life and obey his commands. Nothing is impossible for God and I am convinced that he will use you for great things.

Elizabeth