PDA

View Full Version : Will Chelokee get in?

Hajck Hillstrom
04-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Will the 100k that Chelokee earned in the Florida Derby be enough to get him into the Kentucky Derby? This horse has the look of a Derby winner, but the lack of graded earnings may be an obstacle. Should he draw in, you heard it first here.......RAGS TO RICHES to CHELOKEE Oaks/Derby Double.:cool:

Ron
04-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Maybe he'll be a spoiler in the Belmont.

Premier Turf Club
04-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Will the 100k that Chelokee earned in the Florida Derby be enough to get him into the Kentucky Derby? This horse has the look of a Derby winner, but the lack of graded earnings may be an obstacle. Should he draw in, you heard it first here.......RAGS TO RICHES to CHELOKEE Oaks/Derby Double.:cool:

I don't think there was any question he wouldn't win the Florida Derby. Not only was he carrying 122 lbs but my money as well. :rolleyes: Seriously, I thought he was a terrific bet having seen his last race where he ran nearly as fast in that ALW as Scat Daddy did winning the Ft of Youth while encountering 5+ lengths of trouble.

Having seen him get into big trouble a couple of times in a row now, I'm beginning to wonder if he's the second coming of Dollar Bill. Personally, I'm also not keen on betting a Cherokee Run to go 10F. JMHO

the Bid
04-02-2007, 11:55 AM
His pedigree says 9f to me, not 12. Unless he goes to the Lexington to boost his earnings, he may be left out. He needs a few in front of him to drop out of contention to get in w/$100k.

the_fat_man
04-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't think there was any question he wouldn't win the Florida Derby. Not only was he carrying 122 lbs but my money as well. :rolleyes: Seriously, I thought he was a terrific bet having seen his last race where he ran nearly as fast in that ALW as Scat Daddy did winning the Ft of Youth while encountering 5+ lengths of trouble.

Having seen him get into big trouble a couple of times in a row now, I'm beginning to wonder if he's the second coming of Dollar Bill. Personally, I'm also not keen on betting a Cherokee Run to go 10F. JMHO

You might want to watch that race again and turn your assement on its head: from 5+ lengths or trouble to 5+ lengths of SUCKUP advantage.
(There's a thread on that race, look for it.)

Which, BTW, is exactly what he did in the FLORIDA DERBY, sucked up along the inside, waited till the others had made their bids, then launched a rally.

And he still was unable to threaten the winner or 2nd horse. Speaks volumes as to how inferior he is to them.

OTM Al
04-02-2007, 02:26 PM
He looks like a good G3, maybe even can get a G2, but not a G1 level horse, even with this year's group, who I still don't see as particularly fast.