PDA

View Full Version : Winning Angles from A to Z

Secretariat
04-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Got a flyer on this book written by some guy called Noel Michaels who worked for the DRF as a handicapper

Anybody know anything about this guy or the book?

They reference some site called www.OTBLearningLabs.com

Pace Cap'n
04-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I asked that same question some time back, and got very little feedback... (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31922)

punteray
04-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I have the book! In my opinion it is not worth the paper it is written on.:mad:

One thing, though.................The now have my home address and I get inundated with mail from them to buy other things.:eek:

Speed I know!! Horses, I'm not so sure

Punteray

Secretariat
04-04-2007, 04:37 PM
I bit the bullet and bought it. Probably should have saved the money. I knew something was wrong when the author called me before the book had even arrived, and asked if I was interested in joining a syndicate. I thought it was a joke at first, but he was in earnest.

Contrary to tottally trashing the book, I will say it does provide some traditional handicapping advice on angles, and examples which i always love and need. There are more "angle ideas" than actual rule based angles. For example, horses for courses does not specifcally list rules to follow, but provides guidance via three example races (most have only one example race)

I formulated rules based on the example races, and ran them through meets of Saratoga for five years, and Del Mar for three since meets were recommened as being "potent" for this angle.

Saratoga fared pretty well, Del Mar was dismal. Combined they broke about even. Not bad, but not great.

I would recommend the book for someone starting out who is unfamiliar with angles, and wants to play around with some of the ideas. Just remember though in this book only winners are in the examples, except if it is an elimination angle.

WJ47
04-08-2007, 02:12 AM
I ordered this book because I really don't know alot of angles and would like some to work with. The website looked shady and I didn't want to order from it with my credit card! I found it at gamblers book store online and ordered it there. I'll post after I get it and read some of it. :) I'm glad I didn't order from their website, I'd be aggravated if someone called and wanted me to join a syndicate!

Pace Cap'n
04-08-2007, 08:37 AM
I ordered this book because I really don't know alot of angles and would like some to work with.

Angle away....
(http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/search.php?searchid=555624)

Pace Cap'n
04-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Well, that worked when I posted it, but not now. I'll put up some more links shortly.

grahors
04-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Pace,
That really was a neat search...got mesmerized reading it this AM and saved to "my favorites" for later today...good angle stuff. then wooosh..gone
what search criteria did you use so that maybe I can duplicate?

Pace Cap'n
04-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you saw it. I was starting to wonder myself. Here it is again...

www.paceadvantage.com/forum/search.php?searchid=555939

Search > Advanced Search > Search for keywords "angles" (no quotes) > search titles only > search options > find threads with "at least 30 replies" > find posts from "a year ago and older" > show results as "threads"

MitchS
04-08-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm always a day late and a dollar short :confused:. Where da' post go again?
I do think I remember it from a year or so ago, but I need a refesher course :).

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2007, 03:16 AM
If you post a "search link" it will expire after a while. Why? I don't know, but that's why the links stop working after a while....

chickenhead
04-09-2007, 09:34 AM
I would recommend the book for someone starting out who is unfamiliar with angles, and wants to play around with some of the ideas.

OR, if they are looking to join a syndicate... :lol:

WJ47
04-14-2007, 01:27 AM
I received this book today from the Gamblers book store and so far I've only read a few of the angles, but it looks interesting. He basically gives an angle for each letter of the alphabet, along with two examples of races and charts showing how each angle works. Its an oversized book the size of a workbook. At the end of the book it gives an angle point system and a racing form example of how the system works. He assigns points to various angles and there are some negative angles that you subtract points for. I haven't tried it out, but its supposed to identify horses with multiple angles going for them. Hopefully I'll have time this week to go through the whole book and try that system a little.