PDA

View Full Version : DUBAI RACES

NY BRED
03-31-2007, 11:40 PM
ANYONE AWARE IF HRTV PROVIDED THE LIVE FEED OF DUBAI RACING ?

IF SO, ANY REASONS WHY TVG WASN'T ALLOWED TO CARRY
THESE RACES ?

sevenall
04-01-2007, 12:07 AM
HRTV did carry the races live this morning.

I believe that Churchill Downs controlled the Dubai signal...and they are new partners with HRTV.

Ron
04-01-2007, 12:40 AM
ANYONE AWARE IF HRTV PROVIDED THE LIVE FEED OF DUBAI RACING ?

IF SO, ANY REASONS WHY TVG WASN'T ALLOWED TO CARRY
THESE RACES ?

Did you watch the races?

douglasw32
04-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Replays

http://www.dubaiworldcup.com/media/video/video_2007.asp#

NY BRED
04-01-2007, 06:08 AM
UNFORTUNATELY, YES AT CLUB MED

I WAS LOOKING TO TAPE THE RACES, NOW I REALIZE(LUCKILY), I
SOMEHOW WAS ABLE TO TAPE THE ABC FEED

GOT WOUNDED WHEN I WENT OFF ONE OF MY FAVORITE HORSES, KELLYS LANDING, AND EMULSIFIED WHEN I WENT ALL IN ON PREMIUM TAP.

AMAZING HOW THIS MF'ER STRONACH CONTINUALLY HURTS THE PUBLIC,
BUT AT LEAST ABC WAS ON SITE TO COMPETE FOR THE RACING FANS,
OLD AND NEW..

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2007, 01:17 AM
NYBred, you bring up Stronach and ABC....allow me to add the following:

Was it me, or did the ABC Broadcast seem more like a paid advertisement for Dubai, the nation, than it did a horse racing telecast? I wonder if the Dubai telecast was akin to the Sunshine Millions telecast, where Stronach essentially pays for the entire show....

Case in point:

They'll spend countless minutes showing you the artificial islands, the constant construction efforts, the pre-race festivities, Jerry Bailey in a FLIGHT simulator, etc. etc.

Yet, they COULDN'T SHOW THE ENTIRE DUBAI GOLDEN SHAHEEN!!?!?!?!? A sprint race! They felt it necessary to only show the STRETCH RUN of a SPRINT RACE that was over in one minute and ten seconds?!?!?!?!?!?

They had time to show Jerry Bailey at the end of his simulated flight saying "Buh Bye" to the COUNTLESS imaginary passengers (a takeoff of an old SNL skit), yet they couldn't show the entire run of a TWO MILLION DOLLAR GROUP 1 sprint race....

Wow....

skate
04-02-2007, 04:26 PM
i thought the view cover was the best.

infield camera, in motion, without the trees.

Pace Cap'n
04-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Was it me, or did the ABC Broadcast seem more like a paid advertisement for Dubai, the nation, than it did a horse racing telecast? I wonder if the Dubai telecast was akin to the Sunshine Millions telecast, where Stronach essentially pays for the entire show....

they COULDN'T SHOW THE ENTIRE DUBAI GOLDEN SHAHEEN!!?!?!?!? A sprint race! They felt it necessary to only show the STRETCH RUN of a SPRINT RACE that was over in one minute and ten seconds?!?!?!?!?!?

If they were even remotely interested in showing the actual races they would have had live coverage.

Robert Fischer
04-02-2007, 06:31 PM
NYBred, you bring up Stronach and ABC....allow me to add the following:

Case in point:

They'll spend countless minutes showing you the artificial islands, the constant construction efforts, the pre-race festivities, Jerry Bailey in a FLIGHT simulator, etc. etc.

Yet, they COULDN'T SHOW THE ENTIRE DUBAI GOLDEN SHAHEEN!!?!?!?!? A sprint race! They felt it necessary to only show the STRETCH RUN of a SPRINT RACE that was over in one minute and ten seconds?!?!?!?!?!?

They had time to show Jerry Bailey at the end of his simulated flight saying "Buh Bye" to the COUNTLESS imaginary passengers (a takeoff of an old SNL skit), yet they couldn't show the entire run of a TWO MILLION DOLLAR GROUP 1 sprint race....

Wow....

Exactly.
The NTRA replay site is equally frustrating with the same stretch runs for most of the races other than World Cup and UAE derby.

on youtube all the big international races. From start to finish!:rolleyes: .
worth adding to your Replays bookmarks
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=kingpresa
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=renan36&page=1

NY BRED
04-03-2007, 06:27 AM
hi P.A.:

as previously stated in earlier posts:

bring Back Harvey Pack!!!(and FOX network or dating myself,channel 9)

if nothing else, the jingle would be a great TV ad..

aside from this fatasy, sure I agree with your thoughts.In fairness to racing fans,
I don't understand why ESPN can't be allowed to show this event.

Before I take on all challengers, explain why the KY Derby(CDX) is shown
on ESPN and/or the local station(ABC or NBC) which is
the same track from which Dubai racing was beamed to HRTV

Magana has a sweetheart deal with Dish Network and if you have cable,
you are not getting this station.Yet, if you want to access TVG,it is
available on dish and through most cable companies.

I really believe Magna purchased these tracks as a real estate investment,
and I'm hoping some large corporation buys this maniac out before
these major facilities turn into high end malls and/or condos and thoroughbred racing becomes a memory.