PDA

View Full Version : Trakus at Keeneland on TVG

trigger
03-31-2007, 04:20 PM
"TVG’s Keeneland coverage will also incorporate “Trakus,” technology that allows viewers to see isolated replays of any given race from a computer-generated viewpoint of horse and rider."
http://news.bloodhorse.com//viewstory.asp?id=38236

the_fat_man
03-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Groovy.

So, instead of showing the actual COMPLETE (oh, I'd really want to see EVERY break not 7 out of 10 as presently is the custom among tracks) race (with headon views) TVG will give us an ABSTRACTION.

Now, that's incentive to sign up.

46zilzal
03-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Woodbine trakus gives the entire race and how many feet each contestant covered.

JustRalph
03-31-2007, 05:20 PM
not sure I like it too much. Watching at Keeneland live last year there was a race where there was a ding dong finish and a really close photo. The folks with tickets in the race all ran over to the monitors to see what the Trakus system had as the winner. When the Trakus system was shown on the replay, there was a big sigh by a bunch of people watching. Only one problem. Trakus was wrong and they posted the results the exact opposite of the Trakus system. You should have heard the grumbling after that............it's a nice thing going down the backstretch.........but not much at the line

BigJake
03-31-2007, 06:37 PM
I was at Keeneland in the fall and found myself watching Trackus more than the live monitors. Your can tell where your horse is if your horse is off the rail on the backstretch Ralph is right though, it is not good for finishes.

Big Jake

bobphilo
03-31-2007, 09:35 PM
When I read an article on Trakus that said that when offered both views, more people watched even the crude "chicklet" image than the live action, I couldn't believe it.

Then I found I would do the same thing. It's especially great to be able to keep track of where all your horses in an exotic bet are, and what kind of trip they're having even in a large field.

Bob