PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine resurfaced

46zilzal
03-30-2007, 11:30 PM
From friends in Toronto, I heard that in response to complaints, the Polytrack manufacturers came in and resurfaced the course there at Woodbine. It may NOT have the characteristics it had in Novermber/December Be aware of that as the opening is tomorrow.

Tom
03-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Considering the number of tracks with poly, there seems to an awful lot of problems/"tinkering" going on. Rush to judgement on this stuff.

betovernetcapper
03-31-2007, 12:15 AM
According to the DRF, they still have a lot to do

http://www.drf.com/news/article/83606.html

46zilzal
03-31-2007, 05:15 PM
The track is running exactly the way it did before they went to poly. Great I can't wait to get into this season with both feet.

traveler
04-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Can anyone provide a source or link that lists all poly tracks? Thanks.

thelyingthief
04-02-2007, 11:30 AM
yes, the surface was first removed, then recovered with a synthetic rubber compound. the material is such that any runner trotting on it attains top speed within 2 strides and experiences no measureable deceleration throughout the course. the victory thus devolves on any horse first from the gate.

my understanding is, if a pace duel MIGHT occur, the resident veterinarian scratches the offending surplus.

nice job up there. real competitive stuff.

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 11:32 AM
That explanation is, well, hogwash. It is the same material that is at Keenelnad, Turfway. If that explanation held, those other tracks would behave the same way. There are OTHER problems according to my sources there.

The 'intrinsic' energy requirements of that track have not changed a bit since the old dirt track.

thelyingthief
04-02-2007, 11:49 AM
but i ballooned my bankroll 16 fold at WO in 2005 betting horses to close. i tread water there betting EP runners. 2004 was even more lucrative.

knowing WHEN the exception will occur is where the money lies, not in betting 3 to 2 on speedballs and E-type stand-outs. looks to me, after resurfacing in 2006, closers were garnering too great a share of the purses in fall and early winter there, so they re-engineered the surface.

and i'll tell you flat, bud, i was eating money by the handsfull in the two years i played WO because sustained pressers and late rallies were underplayed by guys like you.

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 12:06 PM
You play what the course gives you. TODAY it is the front end. That can change like any other course.