PDA

View Full Version : An the Demwits were complaining about Cheney/Haliburton

delayjf
03-29-2007, 07:29 PM
"Sen. Dianne Feinstein has resigned from the Military Construction Appropriations subcommittee. As previously and extensively reviewed in these pages, Feinstein was chairperson and ranking member of MILCON for six years, during which time she had a conflict of interest due to her husband Richard C. Blum's ownership of two major defense contractors, who were awarded billions of dollars for military construction projects approved by Feinstein. As MILCON leader, Feinstein relished the details of military construction, even micromanaging one project at the level of its sewer design. She regularly took junkets to military bases around the world to inspect construction projects, some of which were contracted to her husband's companies, Perini Corp. and URS Corp."

I wonder if their profits are going to charity??

Tom
03-29-2007, 10:24 PM
No bid contracts! Hmmmmmm.

:lol::lol::lol:

JustRalph
03-29-2007, 10:46 PM
I have been waiting to see if anybody was going to notice this..........this happen a week ago............

Millions of profit right into her own pockets...........not a trust or anything else. Right into her husbands bank account............

http://www.decodeunicode.org/data/glyph/196x196/0024.gif

kenwoodallpromos
03-29-2007, 11:43 PM
"01-30-2006, 11:12 PM #1
kenwoodallpromos

vCash: 1300 Sheehan running against Feinstein

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SFGate mag, 2003-
"Army contract for Feinstein's husband
Blum is a director of firm that will get up to $600 million
David R. Baker, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, April 22, 2003
URS Corp., a San Francisco planning and engineering firm partially owned by California Sen. Dianne Feinstein's husband, landed an Army contract Monday worth up to $600 million.

The award to help with troop mobilization, weapons systems training and anti-terrorism efforts is the latest in a string of plum defense jobs snared by URS. In February, the firm won an army engineering and logistics contract that could bring in $3.1 billion during the next eight years.

Government contracting has come under increasing scrutiny by Congress and citizen groups, with critics decrying the political connections of firms winning lucrative jobs. Richard Blum, Feinstein's husband, serves on the company's board of directors and controls about 24 percent of the firm's stock"

The Judge
03-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Talk about a conflict of interest ,wow. Now this should be investigated. She has been totally compromised. How can you trust any of her votes. When she voted for the war why? If she votes to fund the war even with a date for withdrawal why? How can she be trusted on any vote on the war?

This is why you can't trust todays politician they are in it for themselves they come into office well to do and leave rich. How does this happen? What has happen to health care, simple tax, fixing social security. These are the things that are important to me not revenge or bringing democracy to people that didn't ask for it in the first place. How democratic is it force democracy on a people?

Hundreds of Billions of our money gone. Instead of a war they sould have thrown a party for everyone in the USof A ,let everybody have a good time and save a few hundred billion. Companies brusting at the seems with money taken for us. Private Security forces in a war? Can't we see something is wrong.

WWll the American people were given script for gas etc. told to plant victory gardens, save old grease on and on. Why haven't we been told what to do is these made-up personal wars that todays Presidents like to start? Because if we were told to save on gas the big oil companies would go nuts and call the President of the United States on the carpet and let him know who he is working for thats why.

You can't trust a politician Republican or Democrat, they have only one job and that is to get re-elected.

Tom
03-30-2007, 10:39 AM
That culture of corruption still exists.
Hmmmm, no wild rants by Sec, Hcap. Wonder why the watchdogs are silent on this one????:lol:

rastajenk
03-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Waiting for the PuffHost/Kos Kidz talking points to filter down, I suppose.

Show Me the Wire
03-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Tom,

I tired of the double standard too. It is getting old real quick. Feinstein should be impeached and charged criminally.

Tom
03-30-2007, 11:36 AM
After all, isn't this EXACTLY the same thing they condem Cheney for? :lol:

Sec?

Lefty
03-30-2007, 11:40 AM
That culture of corruption still exists.
Hmmmm, no wild rants by Sec, Hcap. Wonder why the watchdogs are silent on this one????:lol:
And our cubbie reporters 46zilly and lbj didn't report it in these pages either. I'm beginning to think they're biased.

46zilzal
03-30-2007, 11:43 AM
I only wish I looked like this beautiful little guy.

delayjf
03-30-2007, 11:49 AM
After all, isn't this EXACTLY the same thing they condem Cheney for?

Until the day Feinstein is able to instigate a war and conjure up natural disasters, then she'll be in Bush / Cheney's league. :eek: :lol:

Suff
03-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Waiting for the PuffHost/Kos Kidz talking points to filter down, I suppose.

You have an issue with war profiteering? And if so then certainly you can show me one paragraph, one sentence or one word that you typed against it since your membership here?

I'll conclude you have not. Further I'll conclude that you have in fact DEFENDED the ill gotten gains of this war.

For a Cherry on top, I'll assume you didnt take 5 minutes of your time and see what is being said at MY DD, or DKOS or D'underground? That would counter your incessant need to hate. To demean, to fabricate, to divide, to embellish and distort......

Because 5 minutes at any of these sites and you will see they have been calling for her resignation now, and for a while.

Mainly due to the fact that Liberals are people of principle.

Link to Kos Thread on Feinstein (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/3/29/183512/316)

I'll pay $500 to anyone who shows me a similar thread on Free Republic about Dick Cheney.

Case closed.......Lib's win again

JustRalph
03-30-2007, 01:01 PM
because it is not the same. Cheney and Bush both formed a trust that they don't control, before they took office. before they knew about 9-11, before any of this shit happen. They in no way have profited from the war personally. In fact Cheney had standing orders to disburse the trust profits to charity from day one.

Feinstein voted on money that went directly in her husbands pocket. That is a big difference. From her vote directly into her pocket ? Come on.......that is pretty bad.

delayjf
03-30-2007, 01:30 PM
My question is why has'nt the media picked up on this and a Why is this not getting investigated :confused: :confused:

lsbets
03-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Mainly due to the fact that Liberals are people of principle.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

Tom
03-30-2007, 02:35 PM
PETER Principle, that is! :lol::lol::lol:

Suff
03-30-2007, 03:23 PM
No thread from a Republican blog questioning Cheney's war profiteering?

I did'nt think so.

Cheney has received a salary of 200k ( defered) from Halliburton, each year he has been VP.

He owns 500K stock options in Halliburton that had a value of $241,000 in 2002, and today are worth $8,000,000. (+3281%) No legal document exists obligating him to donate any Capital gains from these options. His comment to donate profits to charity was made in passing at the beginning the Iraq War and have no meaning , nor legally binding.

Meaningless to me......at this point. Its the echo I enjoy. The echo that bounces off the walls of your hollow principles.

The history is short but deep. Where has the outrage at War Profiteering been?

A man can't escape himself, least of all with words or feigned outrage.

lsbets
03-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Suff, in another thread the binding legal documents were posted regarding Cheney's stock gift. If you want to make a point, at least know what you're talking about. You're too smart a guy to be lumped in with some of the loons here, don't set yourself up for it.

The Judge
03-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Why Haliburton then? Why no bid contracts? It's in a trust fund he is giving away his profits. He started a war and lied about it. His former company has made 100's of billions of dollars off of these lies. If he is such a grand fellow why didn't he suggest that Haliburton not get a contract because he being the Vice President and all it might "seem" like an unfair advantage which it damm well is. It hopless with some of you now come back with some more butt kissing.

Investigate them all!

Racer98
03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Why aren't they investigating this?

For that matter, why aren't they investigating Cheney?

delayjf
03-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Why Haliburton then? Why no bid contracts?

There are not many companies that do what Haliburton does. My understanding is that only 15% of the contract awarded to Haliburton were no bid. Haliburton worked for the Government during the Clinton Administration.

Why aren't they investigating this?
Because there is nothing to investigate.

lsbets
03-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Why Haliburton then? Why no bid contracts? It's in a trust fund he is giving away his profits. He started a war and lied about it. His former company has made 100's of billions of dollars off of these lies. If he is such a grand fellow why didn't he suggest that Haliburton not get a contract because he being the Vice President and all it might "seem" like an unfair advantage which it damm well is. It hopless with some of you now come back with some more butt kissing.

Investigate them all!

Judge - I didn't say Cheney was a grand fellow, I didn't say anything about his character or honesty one way or another. I only commented on a false statement made regarding the stock options. If one wants to paint Cheney as the devil, it would at least help to have the facts straight.

Before you decide to call me hopeless or a buttkisser again, I suggest you take a course on reading comprehension, and once you pass it, maybe you can understand what others post. Also, I'm sure 46 will point out the need for a writing class, because some folks might not be able to figure out what you meant when you wrote "it hopless". They might assume you were talking about a no legged bunny rabbit.

The Judge
03-30-2007, 06:22 PM
You know damn well you were saying Cheney good Feinstien bad ,you see Cheney's money is in a trust. Hell for all we know Feinstiens money is in a trust too. The point is they both need investigation and then some. As far as how I post . Don't read it.

His money in a trust big deal the man started a war based on lies that my cost up to 1,000,000 lives depending on when we leave. For what? To get rid of 1 man do the math.

46zilzal
03-30-2007, 06:27 PM
There are not many companies that do what Haliburton does. My understanding is that only 15% of the contract awarded to Haliburton were no bid. Haliburton worked for the Government during the Clinton Administration.

Is that J . Lee Ermey in that avatar? Think it is.

lsbets
03-30-2007, 06:41 PM
You know damn well you were saying Cheney good Feinstien bad

Umm, Judge - I pointed out an incorrect statement regarding Cheney's options and did not say anything about Feinstein. I know damn well what I wrote, and anyone who has basic reading comprehension skills beyond the third grade can understand what I wrote - Suff's statement was untrue and there was no mention of Feinstein. Are you really this stupid or is it an act?

chickenhead
03-30-2007, 08:23 PM
I am going to agree with Suff here, as the far left has been fairly vocal about Feinstein. I won't chalk it up to principle though...if her husbands business (and therefor conflict of interest) were solar panels or some other industry that the left was friendlier with they wouldn't have said squat.

Her conflicts are real and every bit as serious as Cheneys. The only difference is they have gone on for longer, and are never spoken of in mainstream media. And as lsbets said, she actually benefits more from them, directly.

The frightening thing about her story is NOT the story itself, but the fact the story is not told by the mainstream media. Corruption is nothing new..it is when corruption is sanctioned by the media that we have to worry, imo.

Racer98
03-30-2007, 08:27 PM
It's rare that the media doesn't tear this stuff to pieces, rearrange it, glue it back together, and shred it again. I had never heard of this before now. I never really cared for Feinstien. Or Cheney, for that matter.

The Judge
03-30-2007, 08:38 PM
You didn't start with the one statement now did you. You came in after reading rastajenk, JustRalph ,oh and you had posted earlier yourself hadn't you. If all you were doing was pointing out to Suff that he had his facts wrong why the part about sounding "like some of the loons here, don't set yourself up."

What did you say earlier to "liberals are people of principles" why without hesitation you jump right on in with"one of the funniest things I have read in a long time, thanks for the laugh (then the little rolling guy). No I read what you said and understood every word, I stand by what I posted.

You are being disingenuos.

lsbets
03-30-2007, 08:55 PM
You didn't start with the one statement now did you. You came in after reading rastajenk, JustRalph ,oh and you had posted earlier yourself hadn't you. If all you were doing was pointing out to Suff that he had his facts wrong why the part about sounding "like some of the loons here, don't set yourself up."

What did you say earlier to "liberals are people of principles" why without hesitation you jump right on in with"one of the funniest things I have read in a long time, thanks for the laugh (then the little rolling guy). No I read what you said and understood every word, I stand by what I posted.

You are being disingenuos.

Well you have certainly proven the point about the loons.

I say what I mean, with no need to read anything into it. I have found that those who are either dishonest or too scared to voice what they really want to say tend to transfer those attitudes onto the words of others. Which group do you fall into?

The Judge
03-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Good questions about the mainstream media now that only raises another question as far as I'm concern. I can see why the Deoms aren't saying anything but what's stopping the Republicans? I hope some crazy deal hasn't been reach between the two. Remember you can't trust either of them

The Judge
03-30-2007, 09:03 PM
One word "disingenuous" but hell I'm tired see you later.

JustRalph
03-30-2007, 09:30 PM
the reason Cheney has not been indicted or investigated is because it is all legal............unlike Feinstein's votes.

The Damn money went right into her personal bank account! If it was in a trust or something like that, don't you think we would have heard about it by now? She voted on money that went right into her household funds...........big damn difference.................

Geez, you guys are something...............

lsbets
03-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Well Judge it seems you can't handle it when someone is straightforward with what they have to say. It must be hard being such a little man.

Lefty
03-30-2007, 10:30 PM
because the mainstream media is run by liberals for liberals.

The Judge
03-31-2007, 05:55 AM
The media started the war. Did the drum beats. The main media is not liberal.

Suff
03-31-2007, 11:34 AM
The media started the war. Did the drum beats. The main media is not liberal.

Lefty's one on "the loons". No real clue.... Like a few on the other team. They just regurgitate. It makes them feel better. Victim status. "poor me, I have the right views but no newspaper will give me a fair hearing"

Example...

This story? Broken, and extensively reported on by a far left news organization. (http://www.metroactive.com/feinstein/)

Here's a sentence from the bottom of the story.

Research assistance for this story was provided by the Investigative Fund of the Nation Institute.

That would be THE NATION

The Nation | Unconventional Wisdom Since 1865 (http://www.thenation.com/)America's oldest and most widely read weekly journal of progressive political and cultural news, opinion and analysis.

And the reporter? Another left wing Whack Job.... http://www.peterbyrne.info/

But lefty could really give two shits about any of that. Nor take even a minute of his time to educate himself. All that is important is that he be a victim. The liberal Media is after him and his God.

Anyway... Now I ask the same question... If a Liberal Reporter broke this... where is the Corporate media?

Further... Can I get someone to show me a Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity column that took a Conservative to task over War Profiteering? Or ethics violations? Please.....? I'll donate some money to a charity of your choice.

show me where your anointed or self-appointed news hounds like drudge, or hannity etc... have done something similar.

You and I both know you will not find it.

Further... Ralph says about investigating Cheney..."There's no need"

huh? Its the law! Its the way our government is set up. Its called OVERSIGHT! And the Republican congress failed and that is why they are GONE! It is the OBLIGATION and DUTY of congress to investigate the executive branch. The need always exists because we are HUMAN BEINGS>

The Congress is the House of the People. They should be up the executive branch's ass everyday. And they don't need a reason.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

Lefty
03-31-2007, 11:44 AM
:bang:
judge, If you don't think main media is leftwing then don't know what you've been watching. Better pay more attention.
Suff, I'm a loon? What does that make you who wallows in the hate at Kos and trumpets the virtues of the ACLU communists?

Lefty
03-31-2007, 11:52 AM
suff, victim? Conservatives don't play the part of the "victim" That's patented by liberals. You're one of the nuts that thinks his own govt perpetrated 9-11 and you say i'm a loon. Man you're just plain addled. You guys are the ones that complain about Fox because you abhor fair and balanced and love the pravda media. It's the left that proposed the "fainess" act that tries to shut down the conservative voice. It's the left that "rushes" college stages and shouts dn conservative speakers. It's the left that says Tony Snow getting what he derserves cause he dares working for Fox and now Bush.

Show Me the Wire
03-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Suff:

Could you point out where Lefty said the media was after him and his God? Typical liberal feces thrown about trying to make people look clueless. What does God have to do with anything Lefty posted in this thread or for that instance in anyone's post?

This thread is about Feinstein's corruptive use of her fiduciary duty and the failure of the major media outlets to cover the shocking betrayal of her position in congress.

Suff, it is below you to stoop to the tactic of throwing feces against the wall to see what sticks, while incorporating personal attacks.

chickenhead
03-31-2007, 12:44 PM
The article Suff linked to is in fact a very good article, and did in fact run in our local lefty rag here in January. A very provocative article.

I still haven't heard a good reason for it not showing in the mainstream..

JustRalph
03-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Suff, I said there was no reason to investigate Cheney on the Haliburton stuff. You turned it into a question of oversight. You think if what Cheney was doing with Haliburton was not legal, the Congress wouldn't have been holding hearings on it a long time ago? It is not illegal and the Congress knows it. Therefore there is no reason to investigate Cheney.

Libs stand around screaming "Haliburton!!!" at the top of their lungs and they don't have a case at all.

delayjf
04-02-2007, 02:05 PM
With Cheney you only have an appearance of wrong doing - Halliburton is still paying him, therefore He is profiting from the war. If you hate Cheney this view validates your hate. Problem is, the accusations don't hold up to
scrutiny.

In Feinstein’s case, her husbands companies are making money on contracts she has voted on. Other than the flow of money, how is this any different from what Cunningham did? Money for Votes vs. Votes for Money.

Tom
04-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Dems can do no wrong, didn't you know that? :lol:

I thinkg we need to revise the cast of The View - Keep Rosey, and get rid of the rest - then add Sec, Hcap, and Suff to the panel. They can feed off each other on thier conspriacy theories. :D

The Judge
04-02-2007, 04:33 PM
The people the you seem to accuse of protecting Feinstien I must have missed. The only thing I have read is investigate her, but some want Cheney to be investigated also because of this ties with Hailliburton.

I say investigate them both and anyone else that has profiteered from this war Deomcrat , Repubican or Independant.

I'll use the argument so many of my right wing friends use to use on me "if they haven't done anything they have nothing to be afraid off". Investigate them all.

Again why is the Republican Party so quite on this? Can anyone give me a serious answer?

I don't understand this unless Blum/Feinstein are being protected by another government or some sort of deal with the Republicans.

The Judge
04-02-2007, 05:16 PM
The only other thing that I can think of is that Feinstein has something in writing the allowed her to be on this committee and vote on her husbands contracts. I can't imagine what this would be but it would have to be some sort of legal ruling from some quasi-offical government body or an offical government body.

I can't imagine her doing this without some sort of protection. She would still re-sign because she got found out and knows how bad this looks. She most have some sort of protection otherwise this makes now sense what so ever. Unless her indictment imminent then it would make no sense for the Republicans to attack her now.

skate
04-02-2007, 06:00 PM
My question is why has'nt the media picked up on this and a Why is this not getting investigated :confused: :confused:

ahhh, look at that, two, count em, TWO, that would be 2 in a row .

thanks 'JustlyRalph' AND 'delyjf' for those excellent POINTS.

Hey, Suff-er, look, at least your alive and still breathing. so that gives you the chance to review these Two, 2, post.
take your time. step back and reveiw, you can dooo!

i heard this on a Matt Drudge radio show, figured i wouldn't here about it anymore.

clear, simple. thanks

Lefty
04-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Judge, big diff. The pipples knew of Cheney's ties with H before the elecion. Until now, don't think we knew of Feinstein's ties, and the mainstream media prob trying to keep it that way.

delayjf
04-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Again why is the Republican Party so quite on this? Can anyone give me a serious answer?

Indeed, that is the million dollar question. One does wonder if this is some kind of quid pro quo. Same with the Jefferson investigation.

skate
04-02-2007, 06:24 PM

I don't understand this unless Blum/Feinstein are being protected by another government or some sort of deal with the Republicans.

to me, the answer is beause the Left is Soooo far off base. the Rep. need competition to stay in business. they need a balance, as does the media, to keep 'the people' competitive.
most of the news we see is full of crap.
'the crap' is used for balance. it keeps out any strange competition.

many many many examples. my favorite, is the Wilson (niger?) joke. still going on, but just ask yourself (as you said, why so quite) why would Nigr tell Wilson anything about what they were doing, since it was illegal. why would they want to incriminate themselves?

i don't vote, for a reason.

Tom
04-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Lefty, is it any wonder the libs refuse to consider victory?
They are making a fortune by supporting the terroists - this Fienstien is a traitor of the worst kind.

JustRalph
04-03-2007, 12:28 AM
why aren't these two talking about this? The duplicity is astounding.........they both want to be the Queen Bee in Washington........