PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Pars Plus

Big Bill
11-15-2002, 08:09 PM
Dave,

Received David Powers'Fall/Winter catalog today and was wondering if you wrote the text that was used to introduce your 2002 Pars Plus? You know, that part where he compares your product to the movie where the anti-wood substance is rubbed on the baseball to keep it from being hit!

If you didn't provide that narrative, all I can say is - as you often say - LOL!

Of course if those are your words, all I can say is great writing partner!

LOL

Big Bill

freeneasy
11-18-2002, 02:12 PM
yeah hey Bill, I received the Jim Powers winter catalog and saw the add for the 2002 pars with all kinds of Dave Swartz claims in it, and it pretty much looks like the same add in the summer cataloge. Heres what happend. I ordered the Dave Swartz 2002 Pars from the Jim Powers summer cataloge and got the Cynthia Publication of Gordon Pines Pars. I called Dave S. and asked if these were his pars in collaberation with Gordon Pine. He said no, that he had his own pars seperate from any colaberating work he had done with GP and had no knowledge that his name was being used to enhance the selling value of Gordon Pines Par Times being advertised and sold in his name, in Jim Powers cataloge.
So as a gesture of apology on his part for the misleading of advertisement on Jim Powers part, Dave Swartz very kindly made me a half price offer, which he didnt have to do, on his 2002 Pars.
Best Pars I've yet to see. All class levels have a good solid placement and found in their proper order. Track to track class comparisons are very soundly thought out and laid out with understandable ease. Track class, strong. Fractional times, immeadiately excellent. The whole package is about the best buy out there.
As far as the Dave Swartz 2002 pars being advertised in Jim Powers winter cataloge goes you should give him a call and ask if these are Cynthia Publication of Gordon Pines par times being advertised or Daves 2002 Pars. Better still call Dave. Easy peasy japanneasy. ( James Whitmore, Shawshank Redeption )

Dave Schwartz
11-18-2002, 03:30 PM
FreenEasy,

The real punch line here is that Gordon Pine wasn't involved in those pars either. LOL

ANd thank you for the kind words.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PS: And note the spelling of my name. (I am Irish.)

freeneasy
11-19-2002, 12:01 AM
thats amazing, the pars (gordon pines) as I received them from jim powers was exactaly as i remember them to be when he (gordon pine) put them out for the first time years back. that is why I automatically assumed they were pines, simply because they were so exactly alike. copycatters