PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know where I can get fractional par times?

silverbulletday
03-27-2007, 09:15 PM
I was looking specifically for Keeneland since they went to polytrack. I have some for most other tracks but they are about 8 years old. Are these still valid or should I get updated ones?
Thanks.

PaceAdvantage
03-28-2007, 12:46 AM
8-year-old par times are basically worthless. Some say ALL par times are worthless, no matter how old, but I disagree.

The two main producers of fractional par times are horsestreet.com and cynthiapublishing.com I believe they update their par times once per year.

If anyone knows of any others, feel free to let the URLs rip on this thread....

Murph
04-02-2007, 10:29 AM
If anyone knows of any others, feel free to let the URLs rip on this thread....http://www.thorostats.com (http://www.thorostats.com/) - Now has UPDATED 10K par times for all poly track conversions. Keeneland will need to add the races for this year to validate the few races I have at the 10K level. Hollywood, Turfway and Woodbine show enough races at the common distances for valid pars.

I am currently re-calculating the par times for all tracks based on races for the past three years from 01-01-2004. We are seeing improved early results for running tracks that are now updated. I will be finished with updating all tracks in 2-3 weeks.

You can contact me (Murph (mike@thorostats.com)) for additional information about par times for all tracks. There is currently no charge to access our par time and class charts. All are welcome to visit and use these powerful handicapping tools.

Murph

Good4Now
04-02-2007, 12:31 PM
You have a very nice site there.
I hopped over there and the lay-out of the Pars is extremely friendly.
Thank you again!

Light
04-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Murph

In looking at the fractional charts,one thing is not clear. For example BM 6f is based on 822 races. Purse says "all". So is this "all purses" based on all classes combined(clm,alw,stk,etc)run at 6f or on all purses of 10k combined (10k,10kn2l,10kn1y etc) ?I seriously doubt they've had 822 races for 10k claimers in the last 3 years.

joeyreb
04-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Speed figures.com has pars for the So Cal tracks and few others

Murph
04-02-2007, 09:57 PM
You are correct, Mr Light. When the data collection began we collected pars for too many clm and allowance classes. In addition, Bay Meadows has races included since 1999.

Due to the latest programming we have done, I am now able to edit the pars based on date, class and purse, when before we had to have programming work to make the changes. I am about 2/3 of the way thru updating the dirt pars for all listed tracks. The tracks currently running will be the last to be updated. Shippers from FG, GP and OP will have updated pars at the conclusion of their meeting and these will be the averages used to make speed ratings for the tracks the runners ship to.

Purse restrictions will allow me to seperate races at the same class level. I will us them to make par times for certain distances that are not common to claiming races. For example, I have used the purse restrictions to seperate state bred purses from dash races. I now can also adjust each class level for every track. When pars are updated, I will study on adjustments to class levels for same track and track to track adjustments.

I should have all of the listed track pars updated in 2 - 3 weeks. Early results are encouraging.

Murph

46zilzal
04-02-2007, 10:12 PM
The great thing about horses? They just run to their capabilities and have NO idea what man made claiming or class level is superimposed upon them. Whichever in a race has the edge in the ability TODAY, usually wins regardless of this artificial class baloney.

thelyingthief
04-03-2007, 08:47 AM
the 10k horse as a standard? says who? quirin, in 1980? the dollar's collapsed since 1980. i ran my golden retriever in a 10k race at BM this year, and he placed, bested by a nose.

Murph
04-03-2007, 11:15 AM
the 10k horse as a standard? says who? quirin, in 1980? the dollar's collapsed since 1980. i ran my golden retriever in a 10k race at BM this year, and he placed, bested by a nose.What level of races do you say to use for making dirt par time averages? I have been doing this for many years now and the 10K level still seems to be a good point for making track to track comparisons. If you have any suggestions on how I can create more accurate par times I'm open to suggestions.

In fact I will have to use a different level of races for updating the turf par times. Any suggestions?

Murph