PDA

View Full Version : Neteller News For Canadian Residents

trying2win
03-27-2007, 07:20 PM
I just got this email today from Neteller:

Date: 3/27/2007 3:15:51 PM
Subject: NETELLER - Important business changes in Canada

Dear NETELLER Member,

In light of increased uncertainty about the status of certain activities related to online gambling in Canada, and in line with other payment processors, NETELLER has decided to cease the ability for Canadian members to transfer funds to and from online gambling sites.

Important dates

March 26th, 2007: InstaCASH was disabled for Canadian members
April 9th, 2007: All transfers to and from online gambling sites will be disabled for Canadian members

You can still use NETELLER

Your NETELLER account will NOT be closed. As a NETELLER member, you will still have access to all of your funds which you may choose to withdraw at any time. You can continue to trust NETELLER to provide you with all of our other products and services with the same quality you have come to expect from NETELLER.

Looking for more ways to use your NETELLER e-wallet?

7 Send and receive money with a secure peer-to-peer network

7 Instantly withdraw funds with the NETELLER Card at ATMs worldwide

Should you have any questions or require assistance, please visit our Member FAQs or contact NETELLER Customer Service.

We regret any inconvenience this might cause, but look forward to helping you safely manage and move your money online.

NETELLER Communications

--I blame this inconvenience for me as a Canadian horse race player, on the bullying tactics of the U.S. Government. First the U.S. Government spoils it for U.S. horse players in many ways. Now the ripple effect is spoiling it for Canadain horse players to send and receive money conveniently from online gambling sites. I wonder if this ripple effect is spoiling it for horse players in other countries too? I wonder how many more money transfer companies that the U.S. Government will have shaking in their boots in the near future.

T2W

highnote
03-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Not to worry.

All the good horses are being bought by foreign interests and being raced overseas.

Soon, the U.S. racing product won't be worth betting on.

Greyfox
03-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Not to worry.

All the good horses are being bought by foreign interests and being raced overseas.

Soon, the U.S. racing product won't be worth betting on.

Sentence 1. Probably True.
Sentence 2. Probably False.

highnote
03-27-2007, 11:52 PM
You're probably right.

I was being sarcastic in sentence 2.

trying2win
03-28-2007, 12:20 AM
I wonder how our fellow U.S. horseplayers have adapted since the anti-gambling bills have passed in the United States?

1. Are some of you still managing to bypass some of the obstacles to betting on other offshore racebooks besides Pinnacle?

2. What are the other options for sending and receiving money to and from your accounts at these places?

--Would appreciate you passing along your tips in the above areas.

-- I still have active accounts at Pinnacle and HPI. I hope to soon quit betting at HPI altogther, if possible. I don't like some of the methods they employ at HPI in their business practises.

--As for Premier's Turf Club as an option, I guess that remains to be seen if Canadians will be allowed to join there, and what tracks and rebates they have to offer.

Thanks,

T2W

BIG RED
03-28-2007, 01:03 PM
I see rumors going around that the off shores are going to take back the US market. We'll see, suppose to be an announcement this coming week. Pinny is one of them. Heard they may have a statement as soon as Sunday. Of course this is all on the hush hush. I hope the rumors are true, they should stand up for themselves. If anyone gets in trouble, it would be us, the player (breaking so called laws)

classhandicapper
03-28-2007, 01:14 PM
I see rumors going around that the off shores are going to take back the US market. We'll see, suppose to be an announcement this coming week. Pinny is one of them. Heard they may have a statement as soon as Sunday. Of course this is all on the hush hush. I hope the rumors are true, they should stand up for themselves. If anyone gets in trouble, it would be us, the player (breaking so called laws)

If they do, I can't wait to see the funding options. The ones I know about right now for one site I am familiar with are almost comical when you get down the details. :lol: