PDA

View Full Version : A maiden or two at HAW 11-15

Boris
11-15-2002, 11:23 AM
One of my favorite, but seldom seen, maiden angles appears in the 3rd at Hawthorne today. It’s my “2nd race to the Rail” angle. It’s a second time starter who was in the outside half of the field in their debut, showed some early foot, was beaten less than 5 at the line, and returns to the rail today. That beaten less than 5 is an important component as many times I have stretched that rule only to get burned. #1 Distinguishable is a perfect fit. Sometimes, but not always, these horses just wake up with the rail post and the experience. Distinguishable will also go route to sprint and turf to dirt today which does not seem to be the trainer’s forte’, however Lively is in the money in all 3 starts at HAW and gets 18% 2nd time starters. Gets rid of the bug, but not a great upgrade in Lopez, but we’re getting 30-1 ML courtesy of the 9th place finish, making up a couple in the stretch, and the “Tired” comment line. The money should flow to #6 Ww Conquistador based on the near miss in last, but this guy bounced off his last 63 BSF and picks up 8 lbs today while sporting an anemic pair of works. The odds should be there for a WP bet so I’ll pass on trying to figure out a trick bet. If nothing else, maybe you’ll learn a new angle to look for, or avoid.;)

In the 1st at HAW, I’m looking hard to find something to beat what I think is beatable chalk in the #6 Improviser. Improviser woke up on the turf and has hit the board in 3 turf tries, but he is one of several professional maidens in this turf kickoff race. Gonna take a swing with what I hope is the overlooked FTS #2 Zachary Z. First time starters and first time turf are not the trainers strength, but none of these trainers are exceptional with their moves here save Mitchell with the #5 Classic Fantasy, who I will also bet if overlooked as well. Nothing too big here, but Sterling coming early for this race has me interested.

Good Luck

pic6vic
11-15-2002, 12:31 PM
Boris

Good post. That is the way I like too see an analysis. I strongly beleive in angles and trainers.

If they all won we would all be rich.

If you don't swing you can't hit a home run.

Good luck

melman
11-15-2002, 03:52 PM
Very nice Mr Boris, I see why we seldom see you in the War Room any more. To busy counting up all your loot. A $16.20 winner is a nice piece of pie. Good Work !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boris
11-15-2002, 04:03 PM
Thanks Vic & Melman. It's a kick when an angle hits. Nothing personal to you War Room regulars, it's just been a "space and time" thing. My business usually dries up this time of year so I hope to have a little more time for the finer pleasures in life, like the WR.

Good Luck

cato
11-15-2002, 04:08 PM
Great Pick Boris! $16 + is nice.

Cheers, cato

smf
11-15-2002, 05:20 PM
Plush.....Very plush, Boris.

LurkingBettor
11-16-2002, 03:16 AM
Boris,

Nice 'cappin' and analysis. Keep up the good work! Always enlightening to see how others come up with their winners.

LB