PDA

View Full Version : Chavez

46zilzal
03-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Where has this guy been? hurt??? rehab??

Tee
03-24-2007, 09:47 PM
If you are talking about Jorge Chavez, he has been riding in SoCal & rode today at Aqueduct.

46zilzal
03-24-2007, 09:53 PM
If you are talking about Jorge Chavez, he has been riding in SoCal & rode today at Aqueduct.
Good guy. Nice to hear he returned to NYC

Stevie Belmont
03-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Yea, Chavez got Maryfield home in the feature today. It was like old times...

NY BRED
03-25-2007, 11:19 AM
apparently left NY due to fluency issues and with rumours about
drinking.

he rode the winner perfectly, and killed my pick 6 and pick4,
but if i had to lose, I'm glad it was jorge, who deserves more respect
from trainers across th U>S>

ELA
03-25-2007, 12:55 PM
apparently left NY due to fluency issues and with rumours about
drinking.

he rode the winner perfectly, and killed my pick 6 and pick4,
but if i had to lose, I'm glad it was jorge, who deserves more respect
from trainers across th U>S>

I guess if you stick around long enough you'll hear almost anything on the internet. Jorge is a veteran of the NY/FL snowbird circuit. I for one have never heard of his command, or lack thereof, of the English language being an issue. Being that he's been here for almost 20 years (if my memory serves me correct, Jorge came here around 1987, maybe 1988), his English is "fine" relatively speaking. Better than most, maybe not as good as a couple of others.

As far as "rumors about drinking" -- at least you used the words "apparently" and "rumors". I am sure rumors circulate about innumerable things. Being in this game for my entire adult life, I have found for the most part, "rumors" are just that -- often living and growing within the world of the "fans" and not in reality. There is often no, or perhaps very little, substantiation and proof to support rumors or even what people "just know" so to speak. The truth can be a very elusive thing, LOL, especially when something is not true.

Eric

samyn on the green
03-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Chavez came back to the paddock to the warmest of receptions yesterday at Aqueduct. Since most of you were not there I will fill yous in.

The Chop-Chop faithful were out in full force and erupted into a huge rendition of "Go Chopper!! Much Respect Chopper" over and over again when he made his way back to the jocks room. It was the warmest of welcomes and the Aqueduct fans paid their respect to this veteran money rider.

ELA
03-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Not surprised at all to hear as Jorge has always had a nice following up North. I for one was very glad to see Jorge win a nice one -- not only back here in NY, but also a nice one for a top barn.

Eric