PDA

View Full Version : The Last 2 @ Santa Anita

Tee
03-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Starting of course with race 9. :)

Is #2 Her Red horse running on all four legs? Claimed for $40 last April, off for 10 months until she shows up for a $20K tag, stumbles at the start rushes up to the lead & falters. She is now entered today for $10K. Does the stop sign automatically go up? Looks to have competitive figs with this group & is a decent price right now on the board.

#5 Golden Wager is the obvious selection, but he is on the board at 2/1. Not exactly what I'm looking for & would like to beat him.

#4 Majestic American might just find himself in the right spot at the right time. Shortening up off his last start at 1 1/16, he just might be more comfortable at todays distance.

Tee
03-24-2007, 08:03 PM
I will make #10 Hurry Home Warren my key horse. He's definitely the one to catch. :) Seriously his speed could make him dangerous in this spot. His sire Mancini isn't at all bad with his turf starters & the distance should be just about right as well

#7 Mr Logan is the moto horse of this bunch. Will use him, but will not depend upon him.

Now to go looking for some value to finish things off or a possible upsetter?

#9 Kings Causeway has a full work-tab for his debut in the states for Ben Cecil. 6/1 isn't great, but not too bad either.

#3 Smart of War - I like this one's potential to make the exotics & make them pay. 19/1 on the board currently, had some trouble in his debut & could show a much improved effort today. His sire Smart Strike is not bad at all with both in experienced runners and turf starters.

I would be remiss if I didn't use the Shirreffs 1st time starter #5 Game A.P. I have seen far to many come from this barn & fire first out.

Tee
03-24-2007, 08:19 PM
That was #2 Smart of War :) & a winner for once.