PDA

View Full Version : Offshore racebooks

kitts
11-14-2002, 07:14 PM
There has been discussion here in the past but I did not retain much since I was content with what I had. No longer. I now want to open an offshore betting account. I am somewhat concerned about security. As I recall, to start such a business in Costa Rica, there were not rigorous requirements nor posting of any escrow accounts to protect the bettors in the event of the racebook closing. I believe there is a Carribean country that does regulate these businesses and requires a sum of money be maintained to protect bettors. I thing it was Antigua. Also, there used to be a website that listed many of the positives and negatives of some of these companies. I would appreciate any contributions or opinions.

Dick Schmidt
11-14-2002, 08:49 PM
Kitts,

You can search back thorugh old posts, even though they no longer are on display. Nothing much has changed.

Dick

kitts
11-14-2002, 10:16 PM
Dick Schmidt-
I did try a PA search of offshore and internet and I learned not to add the word "betting" or you get way more than needed. The search told me about your being content with betehorse and I do like their betting software and screen. If this thread does not generate much additional, I guess I'll try the "Schimdt Recommendation." Thanks.

cj
11-14-2002, 10:36 PM
I use ehorse as well. Been very happy with it, no problems with payouts or anything and I love the rebates. That said, I still keep my BrisBet account ready to go when I'm playing horses which may exceed the exacta or trifecta limits. Also, no P3, P4, P6, or supers. Depends on what you like to bet.

CJ

ceejay
11-15-2002, 09:04 AM
I don't use any of them but http://www.sportbookreview.com/ claims to be a watchdog.

kitts
11-15-2002, 04:38 PM
ceejay-
Thanks for that link-it is the one I was looking for. I will look into the two services that they recommend that also do horses and I will then flip a coin between those two and betehorse. I live in Las Vegas, so the US betting services (YouBet, TVG, Brisbet et al) will not accept a Nevada resident account.

LurkingBettor
11-16-2002, 03:13 AM
kitts,

There's some good feedback here under the "Posting Forums" link:

http://www.theprescription.com

You may have to register to do any kind of search......lots of posts to read through.

Good luck,
LB