PDA

View Full Version : Tony LaRussa Arrested

billrock
03-22-2007, 11:07 AM
St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa was arrested Thursday on a drunken driving charge after police found him asleep inside his SUV at a stop light. His blood alcohol content was 0.093. Florida's limit is 0.08.

kenwoodallpromos
03-22-2007, 12:23 PM
At least he was smart enough not to drive!LOL!!

rrbauer
03-22-2007, 04:48 PM
St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa was arrested Thursday on a drunken driving charge after police found him asleep inside his SUV at a stop light. His blood alcohol content was 0.093. Florida's limit is 0.08.

.093 is hard to get a DUI conviction vs the .08 threshold. Usually they settle for a reckless driving plea but in this case it looks like reckless sleeping.

:)

philsfan07
03-22-2007, 05:05 PM

Over and over I still cannot understand how this happens.

You're a multi-millionaire professional, with the money to call on a cab, limo, shuttle... The 'pull' to have a coach, intern, player, virtually any bar patron give you a ride home. And you decide to drive yourself.

Is it an ego thing? A stupidity thing? I don't get it.

njcurveball
03-22-2007, 05:15 PM
I agree 100%.

Perhaps even stranger is that he is in Florida with a team that has nothing to do at night.

By that, I mean it isn't like they are going home after practice. One call from the bar and any coach, team assistant, etc. would come get him.

For a guy responsible for managing the World Champions, this cannot send a positive message in the clubhouse. Unless he is trying to prove he has absolutely no friends!

JustRalph
03-22-2007, 06:35 PM
.093 is barely over. a half a drink one way or the other depending on his weight. He sounds to me like he was more tired than anything else.

.093 does not make you pass out behind the wheel. being very tired and then being an .093 might................it is bad judgement.... but it isn't way off.