PDA

View Full Version : Lane's End ---Tell me about it lady

the_fat_man
03-21-2007, 10:29 PM
"I just can't get any luck [at the draw]," said trainer Helen Pitts after For You Reppo drew post 11. "Silverinyourpocket drew the 10 in the Bourbonette (also on the undercard). Actually, though, Turfway has a longer run to the first turn than Gulfstream, and he handled the 10 hole there. I'm just glad to be in the race."

Tell me about it, lady: KD from the 11:bang:. Just what I need this weekend. Oh yeah, he handled the 10 real nice last time out.

Then again, you lost Curlin.

Let's see: we have the congenitally impatient KENT breaking from the 11.

We have the NEVER CHANGES (who's got better video, did he change very late last out?), slow breaking, Forefathers from the 6, who's good enough to give Adore the Gold all he wants going (probably) lefty the entire race. I have confidence Nick will solve his problems. :jump:

And, just when I was waiting to see Helios back in a NW1 at the BIG A, surprise on me, he's in the race. :lol:

And we have the turf horses.

Oh, and the favorite who 'didn't like the track' last time out.

OTM Al
03-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey fat man, why do I really get the idea you like Curlin :)

Robert Fischer
03-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I don't see any clear cut favorite yet. I am not a huge fan of Turfway Park. I really will need to skim over some recent charts to get a feel for how the surface is playing this week. You have Joe Got Even in the Battaglia last out and everyone that day was running 1:15 1:16 for six furlongs! Then you look back in Sedgefield's past performances and he got a mile at Turfway in 1:36 to break maiden :jump: :rolleyes:

shanta
03-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't see any clear cut favorite yet. I am not a huge fan of Turfway Park. I really will need to skim over some recent charts to get a feel for how the surface is playing this week. You have Joe Got Even in the Battaglia last out and everyone that day was running 1:15 1:16 for six furlongs! Then you look back in Sedgefield's past performances and he got a mile at Turfway in 1:36 to break maiden :jump: :rolleyes:

R.F,

There are 2 Turfway Park tracks in my opinion.

1) When the track is playing VERY fast ala your Sedgefiled race

2) The "checkerboard" Turfway when they groom the track BACKWARDS and the track becomes VERY slow. At certain angles when looking at THIS type track a checkerboard will be seen on the track. When it is seen early speed is at a disadvantage.

I have also seen this at times on Holly's cushion track.
Richie